Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

How to give a brother a irrational hatred of red team CVs

7 comments in this topic

Players
446 posts
897 battles

I have picked up the game recently, and got my brother to play it after a while. One time during his first pvp battle in the south Carolina(I have asked him to try out bbs, He has aready tired it out serveral times in co op) and me in Hosho. MM found a Langy for the other side. Some time into the game, he was at point C with some cruisers and doing mostly fine, until a volley of torpedoes appeard at the very last minute. Managed to evade and took 2 torps, and then repaired it. What he did not know is that 2 squads from the langy are also coming for him. Told him about the squads, and he said:”what’s the worst that could happen?”. I sent my fighters to attack the torp bombers, but they instead got intercepted by the langy’s fighters, so the langy is now free to do whatever the hell it wants now(hosho fighters always lose vs langy fighters in my experience, plz add strafing back). 

Langy attempted to bomb him, but cause he has brilliant luck, misses everything, so he then sends his torp bombers against him. If you have played a langy or against it, you should know that it basically deploys a solid wall of torps. I was attempting to keep a dd perma spotted when that happened(all my fighters have been derped by langy, so the next best thing is to be give dd permanent radar effect), only thing I know is that he started screaming on how the hell do you doge those, then shortly after the kill feed said langy has torped South Carolina.

Later in port afterwards(we lost that battle, since he can derp my fighters all day long while I can’t to the same to him :P)

Bro: “what ship can kill the most amount of planes and is reasonably forgiving?”

me: ”Des Moines, or USN cruisers in general. Light ones will require more thought into your position tho.”

Bro:” how about bbs? And does that happen quite often?”

me:” I’d say us bbs have the advantage here in aa, but a very determined cv peep can still get something fatal through”

bro: “Japan bbs?(what I’m grinding on right now)”

Me: “peashooters in General, so you need to channel the ERUOBEAT.”

bro: “even Yamato?”

me: “ against similar tiered cvs, i say they will perform ten-go re-enactment on her”

now he is aready working out a plan to have a aa delicated build for his cruisers, and never touched BBs again.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,203 posts
14,969 battles
1 hour ago, howardxu_23 said:

how the hell do you doge those

How about he starts turning before said planes drop their payloads? Doesn't take a genius to figure out. Git gud or keep dying.

But in true potato fashion he ofc blames the game instead of blaming himself. This becomes even more sad when you consider that it's practically impossible to hit someone who can WASD with auto drop.

Players
446 posts
897 battles

to be fair, it is partially my fault since I’m playing a cv, so the mm matched us vs another cv, and South Carolina has peashooters for its AA and a massive slow thing as well. 

Also probably due to our playstyle differences as well, I prefer having the biggest, most durable unit that can hit hard, often trading speed(so battleships), while he prefers fast, smaller, agile units so he can evade shots on the spot(its always better to not get hit in the first place anyway) while outputting a large amount of damage into the opposition. Also the reason why he has significantly better aim vs mine in FPS shooters as well.

at least he does value the existence of tanks that soak up damage that would have gone into him, unlike most dps peeps(you can’t doge forever anyway).

just be happy that he is actually doing something about it rather then coming to the fourms to yell that langy is op (yelling at something is op is my job most of the time, even then I make sure something is truly op first, like if Stalingrad is actually completely made from stalinuim and fires stalinium shells that lolpens everything in it path. :P)

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,203 posts
14,969 battles
1 hour ago, howardxu_23 said:

South Carolina has peashooters for its AA and a massive slow thing as well

While true, SoCar is also incredibly small and highly maneuverable comparatively speaking. You can almost dodge an auto drop by simply slowing down.

Start dodging as soon as planes appear. If you start dodging when they attack it's already too late.

Players
446 posts
897 battles

Agreed. That said, he has some incredible luck with him, shown in other games as well. For example in some way or another, he ended up broadside to broadside with a kaiser in his pheionex, should have been dead at that point but every bb shell missed his citadel, losing only 4000 ish hp, while the bb got his face jammed full of torpedos and detonated.

another point is when he and me ran into what is basically the entire enemy team at point c with him in Sampson dd, me in bogyta. I died in the most horrible way possible, he evaded volley after volley, blew up one of their cruisers with the torpedos and somehow managed to go into stealth mode with half of his hp lost, but still alive. And I have always thought that those kinds of things are only possible with a lot of Russian bias.

on their other hand I have low luck, like I have been hit in the citadel by plunging fire serval times while bow on, tactical retreat or angled, and every time a cv bombs me, a bomb or 2 always finds their target on my head, while it basically misses all the times vs my brother, and having every shell land around a bb or cv even at t5-6 regularly. That said, low luck does not mean no luck, since I have missed all but one shell in a salvo, and the shell that hits flies into the other guy’s citadel lol.

• Funny 1

Players
4,909 posts
6,058 battles
On 28.6.2018 at 10:01 PM, howardxu_23 said:

I sent my fighters to attack the torp bombers, but they instead got intercepted by the langy’s fighters, so the langy is now free to do whatever the hell it wants now(hosho fighters always lose vs langy fighters in my experience, plz add strafing back). 

As a Hosho, check AA values of ships in your tier spreads, learn which are good, then bait the Langley into fights over the better friendly AA ships (those that actually have guns). It's the only way to win. Once you wiped that squad with AA assistance, you basically won the air, if you don't manage to waste your fighters to enemy AA.

Once air is won, Hosho is a much meaner ship than the Langley though, because Langley drops a solid wall, but unless you have no clue how to make proper maneuvers, dodging them in low-tier dreadnoughts is easy, as they all have silly tight turning circles (except Myogi, Kongo and Ishizuchi, but Myogi and especially Kongo on top hull have enough AA to leave a serious dent in your plane reserves, if they are skilled). Hosho meanwhile can cross-torp. Approach a target with both torp bombers from the front simultanously, one left, one right, then drop from two sides. If the continue going straight, they get deleted, if they maneuver, they eat at least one of the drops. The best way to defend against that is to try turn around before it is too late and once the enemy is in range, focus fire one plane squad, while turning into the other, hoping the squad that gets its run will be depleted. Might also mess up the timing and if the drops are successive and not simultanous, you could try dodge both.

• Cool 1

Players
446 posts
897 battles

Sitting there watching people flood to death is also a lot more fun(is that normal?), since flooding last for much longer XD. That said however, I say Kongou and myogi is decent at dodging torpedoes because they are effectively  battlecruisers, so they have both the speed and agility advantage at that point. 

Other way of torping is to just bunch the bombers up and up and make a double layered torp spread, also its wider space between each torp seems to make people more complacent about evasion, so more likely to make a mistake. Oh and it’s planes reload faster, so won’t have to deal with langy planes for a while after it has used it.

and it does actually move, so it is not a floating air base either, although finding somewhere safe to go to in the first place is a bit if a problem.

Sign in to follow this