Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Some random questions

6 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
1,261 posts
3,354 battles

So ive got two questions that id love to have answered.

Question 1: Do we know when the next ranked season starts and what the rules / tiers will be? Also, can someone explain roughly how the ranks work and hgow to ascend/descend, as ive never participated in ranked before?

Question 2: Ive currently got the myoko, t7 jap cruiser, with a 10pt captain without ifhe(obviously), and im looking at the t8 mogami, and that thing seems very strong with the 155mm guns, and not so strong with the 203's, only problem is that id need ifhe for the 155's to work, something which no other ship in the line needs, so trainging my captain for that seems stupid. Is the mogami with the 203's viable at all? Or what is the general concensus on playing this ship with the 203's or 155's w/o ifhe?

Cheers for answers!

Players
951 posts
8,877 battles

Q1: No, but between S08 and S09 was 4 months and S09 ended in june. So my best guess is september/october. Tiers I really wouldnt know. Last season was R23-R11 = tier 8, R10 and above was tier 10.

You gain a star each win and you lose one after each loss unless you come up top on the losing side. Then you keep your star. Earn stars to progess to the next rank. The higher the rank the more stars in takes to progress to the next rank.

Q2: HE spam mogami with 155's with IFHE is a very good option. I grinded the ship to the ibuki with that setup and enjoyed it alot. 

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Will also recommend the 155s with IFHE. As wasteful as it is to train up a captain specifically for the Mogami or to spend gold/elite captain XP to respec him it's worth it if you're able to. The Mogami with the 203s is basically a worse Atago and not even that much (if any at all) of an improvement over the Myoko! Stealthier but with the same firepower, a longer reload and less health. The 155s offer something completely different and they can output a great amount of DPM if you let them, plus it was immense fun! You might decide to simply keep that captain in the Mogami and start training a new captain for the Ibuki!

[TTT]
Players
4,253 posts
7,934 battles
16 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

Will also recommend the 155s with IFHE. As wasteful as it is to train up a captain specifically for the Mogami or to spend gold/elite captain XP to respec him it's worth it if you're able to. The Mogami with the 203s is basically a worse Atago and not even that much (if any at all) of an improvement over the Myoko! Stealthier but with the same firepower, a longer reload and less health. The 155s offer something completely different and they can output a great amount of DPM if you let them, plus it was immense fun! You might decide to simply keep that captain in the Mogami and start training a new captain for the Ibuki!

this. and respeccing a captain around that skill level costs you like 1,50€ equivalent of dubloons, I'd say that is well worth the massive increase in enjoyment you'll get out of 155Mogami compared to the 203s.

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles

Definitely the 155s with the Mogami. 

Just remember that she is quite vulnerable - she's got huge citadels, not many hit points, none of the "gimmick" consumables that newer cruisers get (no smoke, no radar, no heal) and she can see tier 10s (mine feels like she sees more than her fair share) who will all focus you as soon as you are spotted (seriously, it's hilarious to watch enemy tier 10 ships who are brawling your allies 3km away from them switch to shoot at you when you are spotted 12km away from them - no other ship seems to get the focus a Mogami gets) - so a big part of getting the best from her is knowing when to shoot and when NOT to shoot and you need good situational awareness.  Plus, you must rig for full stealth - camo, module and CE - and know how to use full WASD hacks when you priority target thingy goes 5, 6, 7, 8 and more.. lol

Good luck!

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,491 posts
5,880 battles

155 Mogami all the way. And for the record I actually grinded her without IFHE, and honestly it works just fine. The massive amount of shells and pretty good firechance means you will still cause nice amounts of damage. Just not quite as much if you had IFHE since you are more reliant on fires, but nice nonetheless.

So if you really don't want to spend any doubloons or captain XP I would argue that the 155+ruddershift build still work better for the Mogami even if you don't have IFHE.

Sign in to follow this