Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dCK_Ad_Hominem

Prices for signals in the arsenal need adjusting

19 comments in this topic

Players
977 posts
5,029 battles

Greetings all, 

After logging into the game after the patch I checked out the arsenal. While I believe steel is well proportioned and fairly balanced in price, some coal aspects are not. 

I own a total of 42~k in coal. Special upgrades like radar mods are priced at 17k. That is good. The Musashi costs 174k. Again, nothing wrong with that. Along come the signals. 20x equal speed Charlie London: 12400, India X-ray: 8000 etc. Etc. This is way over the top, especially regarding the huge disparity in some of those. Flooding and fire recovery are cheaper, flooding and fire chance a rip off. Honestly, with all my coal in the account I couldn't even afford 80 signals total, assuming certain packages. 

I don't want the game flooded with signals either, but needing 20 PER CENT of the coal I have collected throughout My entire playing career????? Way too much. Oh and btw, 2 Stalingrad flags and 1 rank 1 suffice for the Black. A bit too cheap, maybe. 

Your thoughts guys? 

• Cool 12

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

ye the signal prices seemed a bit silly to me as well...

Signal and camo prices. Requiring 16.000 coal for 20x Ocean Soul?  A joke...

• Cool 3

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
12 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Greetings all, 

After logging into the game after the patch I checked out the arsenal. While I believe steel is well proportioned and fairly balanced in price, some coal aspects are not. 

I own a total of 42~k in coal. Special upgrades like radar mods are priced at 17k. That is good. The Musashi costs 174k. Again, nothing wrong with that. Along come the signals. 20x equal speed Charlie London: 12400, India X-ray: 8000 etc. Etc. This is way over the top, especially regarding the huge disparity in some of those. Flooding and fire recovery are cheaper, flooding and fire chance a rip off. Honestly, with all my coal in the account I couldn't even afford 80 signals total, assuming certain packages. 

I don't want the game flooded with signals either, but needing 20 PER CENT of the coal I have collected throughout My entire playing career????? Way too much. Oh and btw, 2 Stalingrad flags and 1 rank 1 suffice for the Black. A bit too cheap, maybe. 

Your thoughts guys? 

i agree that signals are ridiculously overpriced for consumables. 5% of initial price would be more appropriate. you get 50 coal per container (will not include other ways cause idk what they are), so to get 20 ESCL you need 12400/50=248 containers. so you get 1 extra signal for ~12 containers. with 5% of price you would get something like 0.6 signals per container.

for black.. from what they said it seems like it will be even worse when CB and ranked start dropping steel regularly. 1 CB season will give you 10k steel, and mrconway said that you will be able to buy black/flint in next season for those who reach rank 1 and had 2/4 rank 1 in past. so that is 5k steel for 2/4 rank 1 and black is ~14000k so either ranked will get you 10k steel, or they will put 5k steel+discount coupons for flint/black.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,252 posts
7,283 battles

flint and black seems indeed way too cheap

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles
15 minutes ago, robihr said:

you get 50 coal per container

No you don't. The 10 oil = 50 coal was just the conversion bonus for clan members, a one time only event. Personal oil gathered from now on gives 0 coal.

Players
977 posts
5,029 battles

Oh and lest o forget, the 5k coal for the xp mission is top kek. Imagine not being in a clan and only being able to buy ramming flags (killer offer at 800 coal) and the like. 

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
33 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

No you don't. The 10 oil = 50 coal was just the conversion bonus for clan members, a one time only event. Personal oil gathered from now on gives 0 coal.

ah excellent... and how do you earn coal now except with those missions? cause those missions seem to give you pretty shitty rewards for now...

[PUPSI]
Players
6,995 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, robihr sagte:

and how do you earn coal now except with those missions?

containers for example

[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
146 posts
7,565 battles
10 minutes ago, Bismark_ohne_Zeh said:

containers for example

I think i got 400 coal from a normal signal container. Maybe was just luck.

[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles

Well, it seems it’s cheaper to buy the signals in the premium shop, which may or may not be the reason for these price tags. 

[PUPSI]
Players
6,995 posts
Gerade eben, Seeigel sagte:

I think i got 400 coal from a normal signal container. Maybe was just luck.

400 coal is a 'normal' possible content now for the containers, 800 in the TyL. And the dev blog had mentioned a new container type

Zitat

Also, new daily containers become available, which players can choose if they hit the "More resources" button. Coal is the primary content of those. There is also a chance to receive Free XP and signals.

Weekend Tester
612 posts

So ,Musashi is too cheap compared to signals.

Don't worry. Papa WG will fix that.

According to my superb logic: SC gives 15k coal or 100 signals. 15k coal = 100 signals.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,937 posts
6,260 battles

Cammos and flags are not worth it in the arsenal in my book, rather save up that coal for ships and upgrades, my 2cents :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Guys, guys, guys, you got it all wrong! It's not like wg completely lost it when it comes to internal economy, in-game currencies and prices!

It's about long-term player goals. You see, for example when new players join wows playerbase, they start with 0 coal, they see nice flags in arsenal and then think "ooooooh, I will gladly farm coal for 3 years, so I can buy this set of flag", it will tremendously improve player retention. Not to mention giving the have-it-alls something to do as well.

inb4 I'm banned for leaking top sekrit wargaming business strats.

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles
52 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

Guys, guys, guys, you got it all wrong! It's not like wg completely lost it when it comes to internal economy, in-game currencies and prices!

It's about long-term player goals. You see, for example when new players join wows playerbase, they start with 0 coal, they see nice flags in arsenal and then think "ooooooh, I will gladly farm coal for 3 years, so I can buy this set of flag", it will tremendously improve player retention. Not to mention giving the have-it-alls something to do as well.

inb4 I'm banned for leaking top sekrit wargaming business strats.

This would be funny if it didn't explain certain decision vis-a-vis the Arsenal.:Smile_sceptic:

Sign in to follow this