Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sublimeark

Salem camo info arsenal

29 comments in this topic

Players
13 posts
8,902 battles

Hello, Salem perma camo corresponds to the information in the detail of the arsenal?

more credits and + 100%xp? 

this info is not clear because many reviews say different

Beta Tester
2,549 posts
9,906 battles

It seems that they finally adjusted the Type10 camo to provide +100%xp to TX ships as well (not only TIX). 

But since no1 has the Salem yet (unless a crazy person traded in their steel), we will have to ask @MrConway

Edit: Mr.C confirmed on Reddit, that Salem indeed has a +100% camo and makes credits like a Des Moines with perma-camo, or even more - was not 100% clear.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles
On 6/28/2018 at 6:15 PM, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It seems that they finally adjusted the Type10 camo to provide +100%xp to TX ships as well (not only TIX). 

But since no1 has the Salem yet (unless a crazy person traded in their steel), we will have to ask @MrConway

Edit: Mr.C confirmed on Reddit, that Salem indeed has a +100% camo and makes credits like a Des Moines with perma-camo, or even more - was not 100% clear.

Salem gets a regular tier X permacamo that comes with +100%XP, -50% Servicing cost and +20% Credits. It does however have an inbuilt reduced repair cost to start with, so including that bonus it actually only pays 45k credits per game for servicing.

Should be a decent moneymaker at tier X :)

• Cool 7

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,121 posts
14,677 battles
14 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Salem gets a regular tier X permacamo that comes with +100%XP, -50% Servicing cost and +20% Credits. It does however have an inbuilt reduced repair cost to start with, so including that bonus it actually only pays 45k credits per game for servicing.

Does she benefit from the improved credit coefficient that the tier 9 premiums enjoys?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles
1 hour ago, dasCKD said:

Does she benefit from the improved credit coefficient that the tier 9 premiums enjoys?

No, she is not a premium ship in that sense, that's not something we wanted to introduce to tier 10 at the moment. But with the servicing cost so low she should still be quite profitable.

• Cool 1

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles
4 hours ago, MrConway said:

Is Salem a new Missouri? Or at least better money maker then Musashi?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

Is Salem a new Missouri?

This question confuses me. No, she isn't. 

She's a tier X cruiser available for coal, 

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles
Just now, MrConway said:

This question confuses me. No, she isn't. 

She's a tier X cruiser available for coal, 

Nah, I ment as a money maker. Or at least better then Musashi who was on same level as Missouri but got nerfed.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,482 posts
6,702 battles
2 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Nah, I ment as a money maker. Or at least better then Musashi who was on same level as Missouri but got nerfed.

As was said 4 posts above, she is not. Luckily for me I already have the DM so I can save my coal for some other tier 10 coal ship.

Players
5,207 posts
8,075 battles
4 hours ago, domen3 said:

As was said 4 posts above, she is not. Luckily for me I already have the DM so I can save my coal for some other tier 10 coal ship.

Even if Salem has regular T10 income multiplier, stacked with T10 paint and her extra reduced maintenance costs she already should earn decent buck.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
[HYDRO]
Players
42 posts
6,716 battles
On 30.6.2018 at 1:07 PM, MrConway said:

No, she is not a premium ship in that sense, that's not something we wanted to introduce to tier 10 at the moment. But with the servicing cost so low she should still be quite profitable.

So that means the Stalingrad will get the same economy?

I mean clearly the Stalingrad is still subject to change, but if it gets Premium Economy in the development process, the salem should get it as well.

@MrConway

Players
627 posts
4,978 battles
On 6/30/2018 at 6:07 PM, Hades_warrior said:

You've been on this Missouri conspiracy for so long that your tinfoil hat must be starting to rust by now. If it hasn't fossilized already.

• Funny 1

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles
40 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

You've been on this Missouri conspiracy for so long that your tinfoil hat must be starting to rust by now. If it hasn't fossilized already.

What Missouri conspiracy?

Musashi being nerfed / lowered incoms then Missouri is pure fact.

And frankly I dont care what anyone thinks about anything that includes me.

[CRU_]
Players
171 posts
6,437 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

What Missouri conspiracy?

Musashi being nerfed / lowered incoms then Missouri is pure fact.

And frankly I dont care what anyone thinks about anything that includes me.

I got to say, that every so often someone on the internet says something which should become a meme. " And frankly I dont care what anyone thinks about anything that includes me" This is one of those moments lol.

• Boring 1

Players
2,169 posts
On 28/06/2018 at 5:15 PM, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

But since no1 has the Salem yet (unless a crazy person traded in steel)

I saw and shelled such a crazy person yesterday in a random game.

[DPT]
Players
292 posts
8,432 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I saw and shelled such a crazy person yesterday in a random game.

I kinda don't get that. Whats wrong with wanting a Salem?

• Cool 1

Players
2,169 posts
Just now, Desteban said:

I kinda don't get that. Whats wrong with wanting a Salem?

The only realistic way to get what's basically a Des Moines clone with a better heal and a massively worse radar is to have converted Steel to coal. Many people would argue that's extremely unwise.

[DPT]
Players
292 posts
8,432 battles
9 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

The only realistic way to get what's basically a Des Moines clone with a better heal and a massively worse radar is to have converted Steel to coal. Many people would argue that's extremely unwise.

Well I get that Salem is kinda a DM with Perma Camo. But personally I am less interested in all the other ships that WG offers right now and would do it in a heartbeat.

There is literally zero objective reason not to do so. Just preference, or am I missing something?

Players
2,169 posts
10 minutes ago, Desteban said:

Well I get that Salem is kinda a DM with Perma Camo. But personally I am less interested in all the other ships that WG offers right now and would do it in a heartbeat.

There is literally zero objective reason not to do so. Just preference, or am I missing something?

Steel is the only way to get the Stalingrad and other ships, it's no mystery Stalingrad is coming in a patch or two. There's an argument that Steel is a more useful resource than Coal and converting it to Coal is not a wonderful idea.

Salem isn't just a DM with a Camo, it has vastly worse radar (8km 20s same as the Atlanta instead of 9.9 and 40s), somewhat better heal and to use hydro you have to drop radar.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
5 hours ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Nope I think it smelted caused by overload...

[DPT]
Players
292 posts
8,432 battles
8 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Steel is the only way to get the Stalingrad and other ships, it's no mystery Stalingrad is coming in a patch or two. There's an argument that Steel is a more useful resource than Coal and converting it to Coal is not a wonderful idea.

Well since you can only change steel to coal I get the reasoning to wait with that. But even then if there is no ship you want to buy with steel you might as well change to coal and get the ship you want to have.

I know a lot of people fawn over OP Stalingrad but if I had to decide between Stalingrad and Salem I would take Salem because the gameplay looks way more fun. (Kinda too lazy to grind the DM)

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Salem isn't just a DM with a Camo, it has vastly worse radar (8km 20s same as the Atlanta instead of 9.9 and 40s), somewhat better heal and to use hydro you have to drop radar.

Considering Salem is nerfed Des Memes, is she really worth to spend 240,000 Coal? I believe that many players who already have DM would say- no.

Players
2,169 posts
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

Considering Salem is nerfed Des Memes, is she really worth to spend 240,000 Coal? I believe that many players who already have DM would say- no.

To me it's very much a no, if it was a straight clone it would be a maybe to probably yes.

Yes I already have Des Moines.

Sign in to follow this