Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Episparh

Radar Mod 2 nerf

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[DAVY]
Players
790 posts
10,692 battles

 WarGaming, could you give us free removal for that module as it's nerf actually makes it useless for Russian Cruisers?

 

K, thanks , bye! 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HEATH]
Players
132 posts
13,207 battles

I was feeling lucky getting 3 of this modules in SC's..not any more, it was cut in half...Donskoi now has 24 sec with it, Moskva 30 sec, Minotaur ( i dont have DM but is the same) now is 48 sec, used to be 56 sec.

 

P.S.

Will be in couple of days free retraining/remounting modules if u participated in last clan wars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
15 minutes ago, N00Boo7 said:

I was feeling lucky getting 3 of this modules in SC's..not any more, it was cut in half...Donskoi now has 24 sec with it, Moskva 30 sec, Minotaur ( i dont have DM but is the same) now is 48 sec, used to be 56 sec.

 

P.S.

Will be in couple of days free retraining/remounting modules if u participated in last clan wars.

Even with that 24 s radarred DD is free game for every ship in range and is going to be dead or escape with hundreds hp left...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIRAI]
Players
1,235 posts
10,790 battles

According to patch notes there will be no free unmount of modules for CB participants. Only free captain reskill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
790 posts
10,692 battles
21 minutes ago, evp66 said:

Even with that 24 s radarred DD is free game for every ship in range and is going to be dead or escape with hundreds hp left...

Yeah, we know, radar should not exist. 

However, this topic is not about this. 

 

The current state of radar mod 2 makes it useless for Russian cruisers thus we need it demounted for free after the nerf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
1,492 posts
18,148 battles
1 hour ago, Episparh said:

 WarGaming, could you give us free removal for that module as it's nerf actually makes it useless for Russian Cruisers?

 

Explain how it is now useless for Soviet Cruisers? It still increase radar duration don't it? Do you think that other options on that slot are more viable now than radar module?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
790 posts
10,692 battles
9 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

Explain how it is now useless for Soviet Cruisers? It still increase radar duration don't it? Do you think that other options on that slot are more viable now than radar module?

With 4 or 5 seconds which is absolute garbage as you can't do even two salvo. Yes I would prefer everything else than 20% radar duration for russian CA because they are two fragile and if I can't get away a DD from my back I would prefer more survival option. (russian cruisers have more than twice the detection range of the DDs at same level, even BBs have better concealment) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONIX]
Players
1,121 posts
9,404 battles
28 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

Explain how it is now useless for Soviet Cruisers? It still increase radar duration don't it? Do you think that other options on that slot are more viable now than radar module?

 

Well the gain was already marginal given Russian radar has a short duration, it is even more marginal now. Kronshtadt cannot squeeze even one extra salvo now. It could, just, manage it before the nerf if I'm not mistaken.

 

Of course in an ideal scenario your team mates would all shoot the DD at first sight but since we are talking mostly random that 's not always the case. 

 

So yes, DCS Mod 1 is more viable now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
1,492 posts
18,148 battles
22 minutes ago, Episparh said:

With 4 or 5 seconds which is absolute garbage as you can't do even two salvo. Yes I would prefer everything else than 20% radar duration for russian CA because they are two fragile and if I can't get away a DD from my back I would prefer more survival option. (russian cruisers have more than twice the detection range of the DDs at same level, even BBs have better concealment) 

 

2 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

Well the gain was already marginal given Russian radar has a short duration, it is even more marginal now. Kronshtadt cannot squeeze even one extra salvo now. It could, just, manage it before the nerf if I'm not mistaken.

 

Of course in an ideal scenario your team mates would all shoot the DD at first sight but since we are talking mostly random that 's not always the case. 

 

So yes, DCS Mod 1 is more viable now.

 

Ok if that is your opinion. If I have it on any Soviet ship would still use it on any radar ship as it is a still better that other options. Increased radar duration will not just help you but your team. Even a small increase is better than none. I'll keep mine on YY, 24sec is still better than 20sec. But it is ok if you prefer something else.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
189 posts
14,702 battles

The problem is: 

It will need doublon in order to choose something else. =o

Because selling premium module is a waste of money.

 

Kron can still shoot two time, but his gun need to be on the target at first and for the second salvo, he need to be quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
790 posts
10,692 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

 

Ok if that is your opinion. If I have it on any Soviet ship would still use it on any radar ship as it is a still better that other options. Increased radar duration will not just help you but your team. Even a small increase is better than none. I'll keep mine on YY, 24sec is still better than 20sec. But it is ok if you prefer something else.

Well, if it's demounted for 0 doublons or by WG you should be able to not demount or re-equip.  However, if you don't want it after the nerf you need to spend premium currency. 

 

Yes I know the price is not great but still it is matter of fairness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,862 battles

As a matter of interest, if the nerf has made the upgrade no longer viable on Russian ships, which ships do people feel it *is* still viable on?

 

Wondering what to spend my coal on, now that the arsenal is live...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
189 posts
14,702 battles

Module is based on radar duration (+20% now), so longer base duration make it more more valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,363 battles
7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

As a matter of interest, if the nerf has made the upgrade no longer viable on Russian ships, which ships do people feel it *is* still viable on?

 

Wondering what to spend my coal on, now that the arsenal is live...

There are not many choices, Des Moines is the way. (or YueYang if you are a daredevil like @fumtu who plays without smoke,or Minotaur for that matter too).

It is not unviable on Soviets for me , just nerfed but still solid.

Dont have the mod yet, RNGesus has blessed me with 6 spotter plane upgrades from SCs, hail the lord.

If I buy one for coal, it will be on DM all the way, I enjoy it more than the Moskva.

edit : Yes, plus new kid on the block Wooster

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
790 posts
10,692 battles
7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

As a matter of interest, if the nerf has made the upgrade no longer viable on Russian ships, which ships do people feel it *is* still viable on?

 

Wondering what to spend my coal on, now that the arsenal is live...

Das Memes and Worcester (pew pew a lot) even 4 - 5 sec boost grants you additional salvo as this ships have insane reload and DPM

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,771 posts
11,691 battles

IMO WG should have cut the base radar duration of DesM and Moskva, not the module bonus

 

Also things like DFAA module could be viable as well as DCS 1. I still think radar is best tho.

 

And yes, WG should offer a free demount of modules they change so significantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
790 posts
10,692 battles
5 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

IMO WG should have cut the base radar duration of DesM and Moskva, not the module bonus

 

Also things like DFAA module could be viable as well as DCS 1. I still think radar is best tho.

 

And yes, WG should offer a free demount of modules they change so significantly.

Moskva's radar duration is fine as even with old Radar mod. 2 it has less duration than Das Memes without it. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONIX]
Players
1,121 posts
9,404 battles

Worcester + Legendary Module + Radar Module will probably the combo that gives you the longest duration AND then you have the added bonus of a fast RoF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,771 posts
11,691 battles
1 hour ago, Episparh said:

Moskva's radar duration is fine as even with old Radar mod. 2 it has less duration than Das Memes without it. 

Its survivable yes. Mostly due to being detected at longer ranges. Skirting around it takes forever though.

 

And remember it has far longer range than DesMo radar, that difference has always existed and I see no reason mosvka radar should be flat out better than DesMo radar, russian bias or not.

 

Worchester will be intolerable, not just with the duration, but because of its retarded range when compared to ship concealment.

 

Belfast and Minotaur aswell as Worchester radar should be nerfed in range to match their top concealment - or duration should be cut in half.

 

And i have all the above ships save Worchester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
790 posts
10,692 battles
14 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Its survivable yes. Mostly due to being detected at longer ranges. Skirting around it takes forever though.

 

And remember it has far longer range than DesMo radar, that difference has always existed and I see no reason mosvka radar should be flat out better than DesMo radar, russian bias or not.

 

Worchester will be intolerable, not just with the duration, but because of its retarded range when compared to ship concealment.

 

Belfast and Minotaur aswell as Worchester radar should be nerfed in range to match their top concealment - or duration should be cut in half.

 

And i have all the above ships save Worchester

Moskva have 13.4km detection and just 11.7 km radar range. If you can't guess where the Moskva is you should not play DD as even Tomato has better concealment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SNUBS]
Players
1,303 posts
6,908 battles
5 hours ago, Episparh said:

With 4 or 5 seconds which is absolute garbage as you can't do even two salvo

here is your problem. you are thinking of your own daka daka. not what the extra 4 or 5 seconds could  when you have  a bb blap it out of existence with 1 salvo. or a cruiser for that mather

But there should be a free dismount for things  like that that got adjusted  i feel your right there tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
790 posts
10,692 battles
41 minutes ago, lameoll said:

here is your problem. you are thinking of your own daka daka. not what the extra 4 or 5 seconds could  when you have  a bb blap it out of existence with 1 salvo. or a cruiser for that mather

But there should be a free dismount for things  like that that got adjusted  i feel your right there tho

Yes, it's not about radar dd thing. It's about module was nerfed and not demounted for free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,771 posts
11,691 battles
4 hours ago, Episparh said:

Moskva have 13.4km detection and just 11.7 km radar range. If you can't guess where the Moskva is you should not play DD as even Tomato has better concealment. 

why do you quote my post? this is completely unrelated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×