Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bics93

Engine boost mod on french BB

17 comments in this topic

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
289 posts
4,140 battles

Hi! I’m grinding Richelieu to reach “Alsace the powerful” and I’m really enjoying the mobility of engine boost consumable (maybe because I consider myself a “cruiser main”), so I’m wondering if the engine boost mod could be a good pick for the slot 2 upgrade, would be worth to lose the +5% fire resistance and the +3% torpedo protection? 

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles

Engine boost on slot 2? Dont remember he is placed there.

You need rudder shift. Other speed boost are no needed from modules.

• Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
4,240 posts
7,934 battles
8 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Engine boost on slot 2? Dont remember he is placed there.

You need rudder shift. Other speed boost are no needed from modules.

:fish_palm: reading helps you know.... and having a clue...

21 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Hi! I’m grinding Richelieu to reach “Alsace the powerful” and I’m really enjoying the mobility of engine boost consumable (maybe because I consider myself a “cruiser main”), so I’m wondering if the engine boost mod could be a good pick for the slot 2 upgrade, would be worth to lose the +5% fire resistance and the +3% torpedo protection? 

yes, very much worth it in my opinion. none of the other upgrades in that slot are relevant for the Alsace (DamaCon mod 1 hardly does anything at all anyway, and you dont lose steering or engine much either)

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
40 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

:fish_palm: reading helps you know.... and having a clue...

yes, very much worth it in my opinion. none of the other upgrades in that slot are relevant for the Alsace (DamaCon mod 1 hardly does anything at all anyway, and you dont lose steering or engine much either)

Yes, reading is powerful skill...

As I said, in 2nd slot of upgrades there is only DCS mod 1, Propulsion 1, Stearing Gears 1, and NO speed boosts...

Do I have to use screenshots for ego people like you? :fish_palm:

• Bad 1

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,781 battles
16 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Yes, reading is powerful skill...

As I said, in 2nd slot of upgrades there is only DCS mod 1, Propulsion 1, Stearing Gears 1, and NO speed boosts...

Do I have to use screenshots for ego people like you? :fish_palm:

Perhaps you do not have the upgrade?

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Engine_Boost_Modification.C2.A01

• Cool 1

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
4 minutes ago, Paimentaja said:

You are right, I dont. So this is something you get from containers or from Ranked reward.

I might consider this for my Alsace, IF some day I get it.

• Cool 1

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,781 battles
Just now, Hades_warrior said:

You are right, I dont. So this is something you get from containers or from Ranked reward.

Yes and now they are also available in the Arsenal. And there has been some missions, where you can win them but not them all and can't remember which ones.

• Cool 2

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
5 minutes ago, Paimentaja said:

Yes and now they are also available in the Arsenal. And there has been some missions, where you can win them but not them all and can't remember which ones.

I dont remember about missions, but in Arsenal they are not cheap. 17k Coal, tho yu can use 25% discount but still. I believe that most players will save their Coal for after Clan Battles season to spend on some new Premium ship (like I will).

Only solution could be to wait next season of Ranked, but I dont know what rank require this.

@Bics93   Nope. I dont do that toward people who responds like d**ks

• Bad 2

[TTT]
Players
4,240 posts
7,934 battles
1 minute ago, Bics93 said:

@Hades_warrior you should apologize to @Tyrendian89 now :Smile_coin:

eh... I suspected something like this was the case, and I admittedly could have been nicer about it than the "having a clue helps" bit... 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

could have been nicer about it

Yap, you're damn right about that.

Like, we dont already have to much on this forum of people with ''that'' attitude.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TTT]
Players
4,240 posts
7,934 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

Yap, you're damn right about that.

Like, we dont already have to much on this forum of people with ''that'' attitude.

or people talking without even bothering to do basic sanity checks on what they're saying, let alone some research if it's a topic they have no clue about...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
3,417 posts
7,877 battles
5 hours ago, Bics93 said:

I'm currently grinding Rich and I'm enjoying her quite a lot :Smile_great:

I use my speedboost modules on the French cruisers, but I feel like Rich doesn't actually need the speed boost module as much. I find 4x charges plenty for Rich and imo I don't think Rich really needs it. Otoh, would one miss the 5% fire resistance and the +3% torp protection?

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles
3 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

or people talking without even bothering to do basic sanity checks on what they're saying, let alone some research if it's a topic they have no clue about...

I‘m just posting to give you a third type of smiley, because the two you already have don‘t make for a nice pair...also, i‘m bored. ^^

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,414 posts
6,923 battles
1 minute ago, SMS_Kriegsmarine said:

Is it even possible to mount it on a battleship? If I recall right its only for cruisers and dds.

It is possible.

I didn't use it on Richelieu and Alsace, but it definitely is a nice addition on République however.

Still, if anything, it's an absolute must have on Henri IV.

• Cool 1

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
9 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Why do I even bother to reply to your type of people... 

:Smile_facepalm:

Save your sanity bullshits for someone else, kiddo. But first point that question on yourself.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this