Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptainJacko

Decision - assistance required!

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
8 posts
1,277 battles

As I near my 750k free xp mark, I'm left struggling to decide what ship I want more, the Kron or the Musashi.

 

I can and do play both ship types regularly (Kurfurst and Minotaur) and have no real preference over which I'd prefer. I know there are pluses and minuses to both, but I really can't decide.

 

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. But seriously, thoughts? Help please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
894 posts
7,224 battles

If it was me, I'd have the Kron. That's mainly because I'm a cruiser main, but also because Musashi is basically a gimped Yamato which you can get by grinding anyway. In fact you might be better off just fxping to Yamato, but that depends on where you are with IJN BBs.

 

The only thing going for Musashi is the potential for lol MM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,436 posts
3,322 battles

Tbh, sounds like you can't go wrong either way.

 

Got a coin handy? Call a side for one and toss it, go for whichever came up, tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,636 posts
8,549 battles

On one hand Kronshtadt is more unique (very different from Minotaur or really any cruiser). On the other hand Musashi still has Yamato's armor and guns (less accurate though) on tier 9, that can be pretty hilarious.

If you are not close to getting the Yamato, then Musashi will be a unique experience just like the Kronshtadt. It's mostly down to what you prefer.

 

I would check out some YT videos of gameplay, maybe read LWM's review of both.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
1,787 posts
16,483 battles

Musashi just because its in game longer so there is higher possibility that it will be removed earlier (like Missouri)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,201 posts
8,071 battles

If you want Yamato class, get proper Yamato herself and if you need extra credits, buy premium paint for her. Kron is certainly unique and she seems to have good compatibility with Moskva build, not so much with tier 5-9.

 

Then there is rumor about "upcoming" Alaska class battlecruisers, you might want to wait a bit and see how that will work out.

 

If you need heavy duty credit printer, I'd look more about ship gameplay if it fits you - I've managed to get Missouri just before her removal, and while she prints plenty of credits, she isn't the most thrilling boat to row around, to the point she's relegated to port decoration while Atlanta gets all the work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8 posts
1,277 battles
13 minutes ago, Quetak said:

Musashi just because its in game longer so there is higher possibility that it will be removed earlier (like Missouri)

This alone is what's tipping me to the Musashi. I can smash out 750k again in no time if necessary. Thanks for those that have replied so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,363 battles
20 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Tbh, sounds like you can't go wrong either way.

 

Got a coin handy? Call a side for one and toss it, go for whichever came up, tbh.

Dont have her yet, but Kronstand seems more "exotic".

I got Mushashi and hardly ever play her, but the same goes for the Yamato, dont like that style of combat.

Kron is certainly a more viable choice if at some point u will grind the Yamy.

coin toss.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,436 posts
3,322 battles
Just now, tank276 said:

Dont have her yet, but Kronstand seems more "exotic".

I got Mushashi and hardly ever play her, but the same goes for the Yamato, dont like that style of combat.

Kron is certainly a more viable choice if at some point u will grind the Yamy.

coin toss.jpg

Problem is what works (or doesn't work) for us may not work for him. And he didn't really give me enough to go on to pick just one over the other, hence, a coin toss.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,594 posts
15,898 battles

Both are good.. As others have Said Musashi is likely to be removed first

 

 

But I notce you have no Russian Cruisers or Japanese BBs. Please get some lower tier Experience and  train up a commander before bringing out tier IX ships of them nations. though depending on your commander skill set on Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, this commander may work in Kronstadt

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AMOK]
Players
1,120 posts
6,573 battles

Mmh i am exactly in the same dilemma...

 

i really could need a IJN cptn trainer but the Kron seems more unique and since i love my Schinyhorse i think i will give the RU "cruiser" a go.

Btw is there any IJN Prem BB which isn't complete garbage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,436 posts
3,322 battles
1 minute ago, Donar79 said:

Mmh i am exactly in the same dilemma...

 

i really could need a IJN cptn trainer but the Kron seems more unique and since i love my Schinyhorse i think i will give the RU "cruiser" a go.

Btw is there any IJN Prem BB which isn't complete garbage?

Both Ishizuchi and Mutsu are good, and cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8 posts
1,277 battles
3 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Both are good.. As others have Said Musashi is likely to be removed first

 

 

But I notce you have no Russian Cruisers or Japanese BBs. Please get some lower tier Experience and  train up a commander before bringing out tier IX ships of them nations. though depending on your commander skill set on Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, this commander may work in Kronstadt

I'll be buying a 10 point commander to sit in her if I get the Musashi. And same for the kron if I go for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,201 posts
8,071 battles
7 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Both are good.. As others have Said Musashi is likely to be removed first

 

 

But I notce you have no Russian Cruisers or Japanese BBs. Please get some lower tier Experience and  train up a commander before bringing out tier IX ships of them nations. though depending on your commander skill set on Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, this commander may work in Kronstadt

Personally I run Moskva captain in Okt.Rev and Nikolai, that is PT, EM, SI, CE, AFT, BoS, AR, it certainly works.

 

6 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

Mmh i am exactly in the same dilemma...

 

i really could need a IJN cptn trainer but the Kron seems more unique and since i love my Schinyhorse i think i will give the RU "cruiser" a go.

Btw is there any IJN Prem BB which isn't complete garbage?

Arpeggio Kongo sisters:cap_haloween:and 5 IJN CA trainers as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

Both are good.. As others have Said Musashi is likely to be removed first

 

 

But I notce you have no Russian Cruisers or Japanese BBs. Please get some lower tier Experience and  train up a commander before bringing out tier IX ships of them nations. though depending on your commander skill set on Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, this commander may work in Kronstadt

What he said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,594 posts
15,898 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainJacko said:

I'll be buying a 10 point commander to sit in her if I get the Musashi. And same for the kron if I go for that.

Glad to here it but 10point is still pretty low for a tier IX. Most other players will be approaching 19 points buy this time

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
385 posts
7,648 battles

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but you can get the mushmush in arsenal now. Costs: 176k coal, pretty significant, but doable i guess. 
What im gonna do is take the krohn on free & try the mush on coal. Then again, i already have a yamato with K19 perma so i dont strictly need the mush. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainJacko said:

As I near my 750k free xp mark, I'm left struggling to decide what ship I want more, the Kron or the Musashi.

 

I can and do play both ship types regularly (Kurfurst and Minotaur) and have no real preference over which I'd prefer. I know there are pluses and minuses to both, but I really can't decide.

 

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. But seriously, thoughts? Help please!

Well lad, it seems clear to me that whichever you decide to take. You will end up regretting it eventually, so save yourself the horrors of heartache, agony and doubt, compromise and save up the 1,5M to get them both so you won't have to second-guess anything. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :cap_haloween::cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8 posts
1,277 battles
23 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Well lad, it seems clear to me that whichever you decide to take. You will end up regretting it eventually, so save yourself the horrors of heartache, agony and doubt, compromise and save up the 1,5M to get them both so you won't have to second-guess anything. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :cap_haloween::cap_like:

Quality haha. No one has called me lad in quite some time lol.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles
21 minutes ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

I know the ruddy feeling!  :Smile_facepalm:

Just stick with me Lads, well soon sort that out and you can have the pleasure all the time... :cap_haloween::cap_old::cap_like:

dark.jpg.846ca605755655ed222c8502970dc64e.jpggramps.jpg.a811aab244ab8e039b28ba946a6e3b6b.jpg

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
425 posts
8,944 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Just stick with me Lads, well soon sort that out and you can have the pleasure all the time... :cap_haloween::cap_old::cap_like:

dark.jpg.846ca605755655ed222c8502970dc64e.jpggramps.jpg.a811aab244ab8e039b28ba946a6e3b6b.jpg

 

To be fair I'm not sure that it shouldn't be me calling you two lads, I'm nearly as old as Methusala :fish_sleep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
1,678 posts
15,518 battles

I have all 4 freexp ships and kron is way more fun then musa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles
16 minutes ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

To be fair I'm not sure that it shouldn't be me calling you two lads, I'm nearly as old as Methusala :fish_sleep:

Pffth! Methusala was still in kindergarten, when I graduated college.... :cap_cool:

old.jpg.3aa99fcc8851cb50fec56bcb2f03eb9c.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×