You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PaxMaggie

Please introduce MIRRORED MM

20 comments in this topic

Players
138 posts
6,082 battles

Who exactly had the glorious idea that 4 radars against 1 is fair? Please let that person play in the next few days before CW starts and ask him afterwards if he still thinks its a good idea.....

Yes its another Rant thread ignore it, delete it, whatever but at least i can pretend someone might think about it if enough people rant about it.......

Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.27 - 22.34.22.52.png

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,044 posts
8,134 battles

Oh well ... welcome to WoWS ... khm ... forums :)

[TIPC]
Players
271 posts
11,228 battles

Well they stated in their last Q&A that they wont change this BS,best option is to endure it.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,009 posts
10,403 battles

"Stats have shown that disparities in radar distribution among teams have no significant impact on winrates blahblah" (paraphrased).

Of course the fact that the average bob who's fueling those stats has barely any idea on how to play has absolutely no impact on how relevant such oversimplified statistic averages are ... no, that would be way too sophisticated for WG.

I'd love to have a couple matches of WG devs against teams of competent players and be handicapped with such unequal radar distributions, then after a dozen games see if they have the audacity to keep spreading that nonsense.

Still no to mirror matchmaking, but WG should certainly try to tweak the MM to at least attempt to balance typical radar ships equally among the teams or at least not have a radar difference greater than 2 (seen games where one team had 6 radars and the other 0, Domination mode ... the team with the radar ships has to suck MONUMENTALLY to lose that, some managed that which just proves my earlier point about "muh statistics bruh").

• Cool 8

[FDUSH]
Players
1,196 posts
6,813 battles
1 hour ago, PaxMaggie said:

Yes its another Rant thread ignore it, delete it, whatever but at least i can pretend someone might think about it if enough people rant about it.......

A fly can say crap it's tasty to convince you to eat it... But not even a million* flies can convince me of even try it.

That's why not even a million of people-who--wants-to-sit-confortable-on-it's-smoke-screen would convince us that radars should be reduced.

In fact, even aircraft carriers should be able to carry planes with radar.

* = Amount of flies that can convince me: X divided by 0.

Players
76 posts

It's a boring idea...

I think you dont want a mirrored MM, but what you want is to take the number of radar ships into MM consideration.

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

I cant see if you have played, CVs.... but mirror MM is shite ... dont wish for stupid things like that 

mang

[CATS]
Players
16,905 posts
11,588 battles

Yeah, and make sure that all maps are exactly mirrored and all player actions are too. Who would not want matches to be decided by just RNG of the guns?

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,309 battles

In theory, ships that have radar are balanced around that fact and often have other disadvantages that non-radar ships don't have. In practice, you need to know what you're doing and have competent team-mates to both make the best use of radar and to counter it. So I actually believe WG when they say in randoms this distribution doesn't matter.

Randoms should be varied and well... random! Unfortunately people believe ship balance dictates win/loss and whine and blame that instead of looking at their own play.

[HOO]
Players
1,248 posts
2,668 battles
13 hours ago, Aotearas said:

"Stats have shown that disparities in radar distribution among teams have no significant impact on winrates blahblah" (paraphrased).

Of course the fact that the average bob who's fueling those stats has barely any idea on how to play has absolutely no impact on how relevant such oversimplified statistic averages are ... no, that would be way too sophisticated for WG.

I'd love to have a couple matches of WG devs against teams of competent players and be handicapped with such unequal radar distributions, then after a dozen games see if they have the audacity to keep spreading that nonsense.

Still no to mirror matchmaking, but WG should certainly try to tweak the MM to at least attempt to balance typical radar ships equally among the teams or at least not have a radar difference greater than 2 (seen games where one team had 6 radars and the other 0, Domination mode ... the team with the radar ships has to suck MONUMENTALLY to lose that, some managed that which just proves my earlier point about "muh statistics bruh").

That is the real issue here I think.

Its not the balance of radars in a game, it's how they are used. It comes down to player skill and experience again, just like CV play. A good player who uses radar effectively and efficiently is gonna be worth two or three noobs on the enemy team.

Div's also play a part, radars in divs work in a coordinated way and are therefore so much more effective.

The same really applies to Hydro defAA and smoke, but Radar is the one gimmick that really shows the disparity.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,707 battles
18 hours ago, Aotearas said:

TBH this new upgraded MM already feels like mirrored MM cos you mostly play against the same ships and it's goddamn boring. I don't want mirrored MM at all. No. Never. BUT. Radar is a goddamn game changer. Even more than RPF that freaked people out. Radar should be taken in consideration when making a game and should be */-1 radar ship. (It shouldn't be matter as the ship is actually using the radar or not - Minotaur -, just that it counts as a radar capable ship) This would help a lot.

Players
957 posts
8,877 battles
13 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Yeah, and make sure that all maps are exactly mirrored and all player actions are too. Who would not want matches to be decided by just RNG of the guns?

ocean only! :Smile-_tongue: