Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TGD_2016

lol this is stupid

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
14 posts
500 battles

when you just started a random battle and your game crashed

 

Are you going to get a warning cus your game crashed xd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Err usually I get back in time when restarting in that case. Missing the first minute or two. Never had any warnings for that. Also never any reports. Just chatted: sorry, I crashed.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,743 posts
7,759 battles

I had a massive problem running any kind of mod whatsoever and so had to run it in safe mode.  Very annoying having to see the godawful camo jobs WG allow in this game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,453 posts
11,412 battles
1 hour ago, TGD_2016 said:

when you just started a random battle and your game crashed

 

Are you going to get a warning cus your game crashed xd

Yes.

You see, the general premise is that people don't like to see their teammates AFK. Strange things happen so the first time a game crashes for you, you'll just get pink (if even that) and no actual punishment will happen to you (other than, perhaps, getting 0XP for the battle you didn't even really participate in). But if your game crashes every second match (especially when you fail to reconnect promptly), you're ruining the fun of other people. You are expected to deal with your problems to the extent that having your game (or computer) crash is a very rare occurrence - if you're unable to do that, you probably shouldn't be playing team multiplayer games at all. In WoWs you don't really get banned, but you can end up relegated to coop where the impact of you crashing regularly affects less people and is less serious (since even a less-than-full team usually can still handle all the coop bots without much issue).

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,357 posts
11,171 battles
20 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Strange things happen so the first time a game crashes for you, you'll just get pink

 

Not necessarily.

 

My game crashed last weekend, and when I reconnected (3 minutes in the battle) I was already sunk.

Didn't get pink though, just a warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SNUBS]
Players
1,303 posts
6,908 battles

blegh had the bug today where u cant enter the battle annymore. just a loading screen.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,453 posts
11,412 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

 

Not necessarily.

 

My game crashed last weekend, and when I reconnected (3 minutes in the battle) I was already sunk.

Didn't get pink though, just a warning.

 

1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Strange things happen so the first time a game crashes for you, you'll just get pink (if even that)

I'm pretty sure your statement doesn't exactly contradict mine unless you cut the latter prematurely :Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,037 posts
8,126 battles
14 hours ago, lameoll said:

blegh had the bug today where u cant enter the battle annymore. just a loading screen.

Thought they fixed that one. Havent seen it for couple of months now....

 

14 hours ago, lup3s said:

 

Not necessarily.

 

My game crashed last weekend, and when I reconnected (3 minutes in the battle) I was already sunk.

Didn't get pink though, just a warning.

Still its an irony.

They warn (punish) you for something you can not control.

Punish people exiting the battle (the ones going in port to play another ship) and not the ones DC. Common sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,215 posts
14,969 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Punish people exiting the battle (the ones going in port to play another ship) and not the ones DC. Common sense?

 

So whenever I don't like MM I can just pull the network cable and be fine?

Anything beyond general punishment can be easily exploited. Every other game does this as well because what you're asking for is impossible. Unless you develop something that's literally spyware (at which point you'll get much bigger problems) there is simply no way to distinguish accidental and intentional drops.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

So whenever I don't like MM I can just pull the network cable and be fine?

Anything beyond general punishment can be easily exploited. Every other game does this as well because what you're asking for is impossible. Unless you develop something that's literally spyware (at which point you'll get much bigger problems) there is simply no way to distinguish accidental and intentional drops.

 

There is pattern recognition though. 

 

If someone keeps dropping his connection just when entering a battle in which he's not top tier, it's suspicious behavior. 

 

If big data firms are able to craft your online persona and profile with your basic browsing habits, surely WG can elaborate a basic risk level for things like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
14 posts
5 hours ago, lameoll said:

blegh had the bug today where u cant enter the battle annymore. just a loading screen.

 

Me too... I gave up on this half baked mess a few weeks back but was tempted back by the promise of RN destroyers... 

 

First game:

Spawned in immediately and it then ran at 80 FPS throughout with no issues...

 

Second game:

I'm watching the enemy team go black one by one on the scoreboard as they die.... eventually there's only one left.... I then spawn in a few seconds before he also dies and the match ends... 

 

Whether World of Warships functions is a complete lottery from one game to the next... something in the guts of its code is deeply deeply flawed... 

 

Now before any sycophants show up to trash my specs or my connection... there is another VERY similar game from another Russian studio you may be aware of... it exhibits NONE of the issues I've experienced in Wargaming's offering... nor frankly does any other online multiplayer game I have ever played. I can't imagine Wargamings offering is doing anything radically different or spectacularly more taxing under its hood... conclusion... exceedingly poor coding likely at fault.... even just the menu screens exhibit absurd lag at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,037 posts
8,126 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

 

So whenever I don't like MM I can just pull the network cable and be fine?

Anything beyond general punishment can be easily exploited. Every other game does this as well because what you're asking for is impossible. Unless you develop something that's literally spyware (at which point you'll get much bigger problems) there is simply no way to distinguish accidental and intentional drops.

 

The ones pulling out cable and reconnecting get thrown into same battle (at least thats my experience when I DC). 

The only mystery is if you DC and you dont get into the same battle again... idk whats the session timeout... probably session is still active for some minutes.

 

The ones, pushing ESC and exit battle while their ships is still afloat, are the ones to be punished. You cant get back into battle like that.

 

If people would exploit like that ... well ... i think they got punished by mother nature already.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Moderator
1,484 posts
5,953 battles
11 hours ago, lameoll said:

blegh had the bug today where u cant enter the battle annymore. just a loading screen.

wait for it..

It is not stuck on loading screen..

but sometimes WG client gets a brainfreeze..

 

a couple days ago, I had that,

It took me around 7 mins to load into battle :)

thankfully my team was pushing and obliterating the enemies..

I just sailed around, and looked pretty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,253 posts
3,482 battles
14 hours ago, TGD_2016 said:

when you just started a random battle and your game crashed

 

Are you going to get a warning cus your game crashed xd

 

Actually, OP raises a valid point. The ISP at the place I've been for the last week has been kind of shitty, disconnecting at random times and random intervals which have earned me a pink name twice, because I disconnected on the loading screen and once early in battle. So yeah. 

Would be nice of the server could check for online status before issuing you a warning for quitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles

Interesting to see that the OP believes the game should change rather than accept personal responsibility for their own hardware/software.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,453 posts
11,412 battles
12 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Punish people exiting the battle (the ones going in port to play another ship) and not the ones DC. Common sense?

Ridiculous idea.

Alt+Tab, kill the WoWs process or disconnect and you're never punished for quitting?

 

5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

The ones pulling out cable and reconnecting get thrown into same battle (at least thats my experience when I DC). 

 

Who says you need to re-connect to WoWs right away? You just launch it again once you think the match's already over, in the meantime you can go make yourself some tea or browse some meme site or whatever.

 

3 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

 

Actually, OP raises a valid point. The ISP at the place I've been for the last week has been kind of shitty, disconnecting at random times and random intervals which have earned me a pink name twice, because I disconnected on the loading screen and once early in battle. So yeah. 

Would be nice of the server could check for online status before issuing you a warning for quitting. 

But why should it? The system is there to minimize the number of people AFK in a match. The other players don't really give a f*ck if you have internet problem or are chickening out and switching off your router when you see an MM you don't like. You're ruining their fun by being AFK, it's simple as that. Deal with your problem. If you can't, don't play. Otherwise, deal with the consequences.

The system is plenty accommodating enough already and being pink isn't a punishment yet.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,253 posts
3,482 battles
6 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Ridiculous idea.

Alt+Tab, kill the WoWs process or disconnect and you're never punished for quitting?

 

Who says you need to re-connect to WoWs right away? You just launch it again once you think the match's already over, in the meantime you can go make yourself some tea or browse some meme site or whatever.

 

But why should it? The system is there to minimize the number of people AFK in a match. The other players don't really give a f*ck if you have internet problem or are chickening out and switching off your router when you see an MM you don't like. You're ruining their fun by being AFK, it's simple as that. Deal with your problem. If you can't, don't play. Otherwise, deal with the consequences.

The system is plenty accommodating enough already and being pink isn't a punishment yet.

 

So basically what you are saying is: you guys are all just looking for excuses and you are all afkers anyway. 

 

Well g [edited]g, thanks for turning up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
14 posts
3 hours ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Interesting to see that the OP believes the game should change rather than accept personal responsibility for their own hardware/software.  

 

Isn't it... it's almost as interesting as people like yourself who apparently cant fathom that perhaps... just perhaps... there is something wrong with the game. I mean its not like games... or software in general has ever been known to have bugs or to crash through a fault in its code... nope... never ever happens... 

 

As I said in my last post the other similar game doesn't exhibit any of the buggy lags and crashes World of Warships constantly does... nor does any other game I play. The inescapable conclusion is that WoW is at fault.

 

The level of sycophantic fanboy-ism on this board is unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
5 minutes ago, FallenPhoenix1986 said:

 

Isn't it... it's almost as interesting as people like yourself who apparently cant fathom that perhaps... just perhaps... there is something wrong with the game. I mean its not like games... or software in general has ever been known to have bugs or to crash through a fault in its code... nope... never ever happens... 

 

As I said in my last post the other similar game doesn't exhibit any of the buggy lags and crashes World of Warships constantly does... nor does any other game I play. The inescapable conclusion is that WoW is at fault.

 

The level of sycophantic fanboy-ism on this board is unreal.

Calm down, calm down.  The point here is that in his case (and most cases) the answer lies with the user not the system.  Game works well for over-whelming majority of users.  End of discussion.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Moderator
1,484 posts
5,953 battles
3 minutes ago, FallenPhoenix1986 said:

 

Isn't it... it's almost as interesting as people like yourself who apparently cant fathom that perhaps... just perhaps... there is something wrong with the game. I mean its not like games... or software in general has ever been known to have bugs or to crash through a fault in its code... nope... never ever happens... 

 

As I said in my last post the other similar game doesn't exhibit any of the buggy lags and crashes World of Warships constantly does... nor does any other game I play. The inescapable conclusion is that WoW is at fault.

 

The level of sycophantic fanboy-ism on this board is unreal.

If only a tiny fraction of the player base has the same problem, so no, It is not the games fault.

It is about the harmony between your EQ and the game.. thats it.. and it is a problem YOU have to solve.. not the company..

And believe me, constant and frequent crashing is not a problem a lot of people have here..

 

Yes WOWs is not perfectly optimised,

If you have <6gb ram, then I suggest you reset your client after evey 8 to 10 matches.

and do not keep any web browser open while you are playing the game..

 

And If you have an AMD GPU (like me) use the oldest driver as you possibly can..

 

newest drivers fecks up with WOWs.. really big time..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,453 posts
11,412 battles
3 hours ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Interesting to see that the OP believes the game should change rather than accept personal responsibility for their own hardware/software.  

Well, it's really somewhat understandable. If you try to think about the system in the form of personal punishment for the player, it's not all that unreasonable to think "I didn't do nuffin" and feel dejected that you get warned (not even punished, but oh well, people like to overreact anyway :Smile_sceptic: ) for something that happened outside your control.

What this approach misses, however, is that the point of this part of the system is not to dispense justice upon quitters. That's but a secondary objective, the main one is to ensure that people don't have (as many) AFKers in their matches. And from the point of view of the other players the effect of quitting every second game out of spite is exactly the same as getting a crash every second match and being unable to reconnect. The system just gets people who end up ruining games like this and it puts them in coop where they won't affect others so heavily (not to mention less players per match in the first place) until they get themselves a stable enough gaming environment to play without ruining matches by their absence. It's not to kick them in the balls for being evil. It's to preserve the gaming experience of others, easy as that.

 

1 minute ago, piritskenyer said:

 

So basically what you are saying is: you guys are all just looking for excuses and you are all afkers anyway. 

 

Well g [edited]g, thanks for turning up. 

Yes. Only without the "looking for excuses" part. These might be legit problems, as in: legit reasons for being AFK rather than excuses. But ruining matches through your absence involuntarily doesn't mean you don't ruin matches. So yeah. You are all afkers anyway. One freak incident won't get you orange anyway, if you get to that point, there's clearly some problem at your end - and this problem affects other players, so deal with it or it's obvious that you shouldn't be in PvP if you can't.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, it's really somewhat understandable. If you try to think about the system in the form of personal punishment for the player, it's not all that unreasonable to think "I didn't do nuffin" and feel dejected that you get warned (not even punished, but oh well, people like to overreact anyway :Smile_sceptic: ) for something that happened outside your control.

What this approach misses, however, is that the point of this part of the system is not to dispense justice upon quitters. That's but a secondary objective, the main one is to ensure that people don't have (as many) AFKers in their matches. And from the point of view of the other players the effect of quitting every second game out of spite is exactly the same as getting a crash every second match and being unable to reconnect. The system just gets people who end up ruining games like this and it puts them in coop where they won't affect others so heavily (not to mention less players per match in the first place) until they get themselves a stable enough gaming environment to play without ruining matches by their absence. It's not to kick them in the balls for being evil. It's to preserve the gaming experience of others, easy as that.

 

Yes. Only without the "looking for excuses" part. These might be legit problems, as in: legit reasons for being AFK rather than excuses. But ruining matches through your absence involuntarily doesn't mean you don't ruin matches. So yeah. You are all afkers anyway. One freak incident won't get you orange anyway, if you get to that point, there's clearly some problem at your end - and this problem affects other players, so deal with it or it's obvious that you shouldn't be in PvP if you can't.

What @eliastion just said.  Correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
453 posts
9,935 battles
4 hours ago, Excavatus said:

wait for it..

It is not stuck on loading screen..

but sometimes WG client gets a brainfreeze..

 

a couple days ago, I had that,

It took me around 7 mins to load into battle :)

thankfully my team was pushing and obliterating the enemies..

I just sailed around, and looked pretty!

Off topic: I remember you! :P

You are the Donskoi guy who worked with  (I mean we played our class role to win) me on Loop. I pushed with Tirp, he radared with Donskoi when it was needed. Rare event, plus went.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
14 posts
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

If only a tiny fraction of the player base has the same problem, so no, It is not the games fault.

It is about the harmony between your EQ and the game.. thats it.. and it is a problem YOU have to solve.. not the company..

And believe me, constant and frequent crashing is not a problem a lot of people have here..

 

Yes WOWs is not perfectly optimised,

If you have <6gb ram, then I suggest you reset your client after evey 8 to 10 matches.

and do not keep any web browser open while you are playing the game..

 

And If you have an AMD GPU (like me) use the oldest driver as you possibly can..

 

newest drivers fecks up with WOWs.. really big time..

 

Tiny fraction or not, that doesn't absolve the developer of making a bugged game.

 

The fact that performance varies so radically from one game to the next pretty much proves its the game at fault. If the same hardware can exceed 80FPS in one match then freezes and hangs constantly the next before returning to 80+ FPS in the next then it can only be the game.  The first and third examples prove the hardware to be adequate. 

 

For what it is WoW has ridiculously excessive resource demands, as you said it isn't perfectly optimised... its not even remotely close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×