Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Up_The_Donald

A good old fashioned rage moan

37 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles

Ahoy there.

I write this in full expectation of the usual liberal helping of salt over my fries.  What's that?  You want more salt on your fries?  Yes please madam, keep it coming.  Of course sir, enjoy your day.  Anyway, where was I? 

Oh yes, over the last week, I've managed 57 battles.  Not too bad for a casual player and overall I usually achieve a W/R over 50% playing solo, not in divisions.  However, since the launch of the Halsey Campaign and the grind for the Indianapolis  just look at what has happened to my cruiser stats:

image.thumb.png.fcf1aab00d3042d3c0c3eaafd2168075.png

Now I know what you're all thinking. Probably one of two things, or maybe a combination but the general consensus has to be:

1.  Nice to see people paid attention to the previous post about not shooting at Yammy Pammy - these guys really appreciate what a beautiful girl she is with her HSF camo and lots of flags and commander pennants.  You got to love the stats on that beauty though right - check out the average damage.

2.  How can a unicum purple god have such a bad win rate stats in cruisers?  I mean this guy is a legend but look at his win rate.  That must be the fault of WG and the legion of potatoes right?  I mean this guy is the best cruiser player in history - it's just a fact right?  Correct. 

Anyway, bring on the salt if you want but is anyone else experiencing a crap life driving cruisers right now?  They used to be my go to ship for high performance and good win rate.  Not any more though and it's just not darn fair.

Finally, should any of the top 10 clans on the EU server see these stats and realise they need to get me on their clan asap then please get in touch. 

UpTheDonald

• Bad 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles

Welcome to the club dude. :fish_boom:Here are mine:

stats.jpg.04801455ddae3bc87cc6811affef5418.jpg

All this in a Mogami. Overall, a very discouraging enterprise. But it'll get better... Last time the losing streak lasted for a solid 3 weeks straight so this is nothing. Someday and with enough applied doping it'll recover. Perhaps. :Smile_great:

optimist.jpg.8640defdae09c83c07eaa34db9e87962.jpg

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles

:fish_boom:

And I thought cruisers are dominating and killing DD left and right for victory.

Maybe I should spend less time on the forum....

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,554 posts
8,065 battles

Well this is like you wrote another useless moaning thread.

But since you are an obvious troll and you made a Queen reference (on purpose?) I just can't be mad at you for spamming useless threads. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
4 ore fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

:fish_boom:

And I thought cruisers are dominating and killing DD left and right for victory.

Maybe I should spend less time on the forum....

I think that's still true generally and is consistent with my recent experience.  Cruisers charging in, quick fight with a DD, pause for breath thinking what a good job the cruiser did before being deleted.  I've seen this happen over and over meaning a team melts in the first few minutes leaving the other players on the defensive and just fighting a lost cause - hence the good personal rating but low win rate. 

4 ore fa, Miessa3 ha scritto:

Well this is like you wrote another useless moaning thread.

But since you are an obvious troll and you made a Queen reference (on purpose?) I just can't be mad at you for spamming useless threads. :cap_tea:

Not a troll thread - simply trying to find a different way of asking a question about poor win rates in cruisers lately.  

The Queen?  Really?  Where?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,554 posts
8,065 battles
Just now, Up_The_Donald said:

Not a troll thread - simply trying to find a different way of asking a question about poor win rates in cruisers lately.  

The Queen?  Really?  Where?

- I meant your other threads

- I linked the relevant yt video

- why the downvote? :<

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles
2 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

I think that's still true generally and is consistent with my recent experience.  Cruisers charging in, quick fight with a DD, pause for breath thinking what a good job the cruiser did before being deleted.  I've seen this happen over and over meaning a team melts in the first few minutes leaving the other players on the defensive and just fighting a lost cause - hence the good personal rating but low win rate. 

Then you know what you have to change...

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
2 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

- I meant your other threads

- I linked the relevant yt video

- why the downvote? :<

Sorry - I didn't see the Queen video when commenting before.  I didn't load but it's there now. Downvote removed.  And what do you mean about my other threads?  I am committed to high value original content.  Maybe being a polemic isn't always easy.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Yupp, sadly Colonello here is quite right. You have to stop doing the actual Cruiser stuff (hunting down or supporting DD's), camp behind the battleships and spam HE from maximum distance. Not particularly fun or useful to the team, but it works. But you can still shoot at DD's on occasion, if one accidentally bumps into you or something, it's still not actually against the rules, just neither rewarding nor healthy. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yup - I'll charge in with the rest of them and get deleted.  Will hasten the end and shorten the pain.  Or might just stick to my Yamato and knock the snot out of broadside cruisers.

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yupp, sadly Colonello here is quite right. You have to stop doing the actual Cruiser stuff (hunting down or supporting DD's), camp behind the battleships and spam HE from maximum distance. Not particularly fun or useful to the team, but it works. But you can still shoot at DD's on occasion, if one accidentally bumps into you or something, it's still not actually against the rules, just neither rewarding nor healthy. :Smile_Default:

That could be a possible change, but I doubt that will improve his WR.

I suggest to sail the ships just slightly less agressive.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,244 posts
2,661 battles
54 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Anyway, bring on the salt if you want but is anyone else experiencing a crap life driving cruisers right now? 

If I play to try and focus on a mission or event objective, then yes everything goes to crap.

I'ce learned to start selecting the ship I'm most likely to get the requirements in and then just play normally. If you start trying to change your natural play style for a mission then things will start to go wrong and your stats will suffer. Well at least in my experience at the moment. In time as I get more experience, this should change.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Agree with that - but it's the swarm of potatoes maybe not used to playing cruisers at higher tiers who are swamping the game lately in their blind rush for a Halsey flag and premium USN cruiser.  It's like they are all on meth.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,431 posts
9,444 battles
58 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Ahoy there.

Finally, should any of the top 10 clans on the EU server see these stats and realise they need to get me on their clan asap then please get in touch. 

UpTheDonald

And there is the real reason for the post.......why not just apply like everyone else?

• Boring 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yupp, but that is level 2 hard-core Cruiser stuff already. Very difficult to pull off and always risky but occasionally quite rewarding. => STILL trying to do Cruiser stuff, but making an escape & panic maneuver plan even before entering the combat zone. Still could end in a quick disaster tho. Have been practicing that for the last 5 months or so (particularly, since Mogami's guns are so bloody short-range anyways so you have to be relatively close no matter what). It is unbelievable the number of times I have actually ended up capping with the Mogami lately instead of the very DD that I was supposed to support in the first place. But hey, whatever works right? One day I'll learn it proper. :Smile_great:

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
2 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

And there is the real reason for the post.......why not just apply like everyone else?

Like pearls before swine........

• Boring 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,431 posts
9,444 battles
7 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Like pearls before swine........

That your best effort? Your post was just a cheap shot to draw attention to yourself. It's rather transparent and narcissistic.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
1 minute ago, Shaka_D said:

That your best effort? You post was just a cheap shot to draw attention to yourself. It's rather transparent and narcissistic.

Unlike your post.  

• Bad 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,431 posts
9,444 battles
1 minute ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Unlike your post.  

Whatever blows your hair back sunshine. What goes around comes around.

• Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles

Is it really such a crime to ask a question about recent cruiser win rates in a way that is different from the usual hum-drum posting style?  I expected the salt but come on.  Maybe a quick refresh on the anti-bullying, being nice people guidelines of the forum would benefit some on here?

3 ore fa, Shaka_D ha scritto:

Whatever blows your hair back sunshine. What goes around comes around.

I only got half way through this before falling asleep. 

• Bad 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,431 posts
9,444 battles
8 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

I only got half way through this before falling asleep. 

It's not my fault your attention span only relates to yourself. Like I said, narcissist. You seem to favour ignorance, ego and arrogance over the truth?

PS: Because someone calls you out it's 'bullying'? Haha, that's a poor attempt at fostering sympathy.

• Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
5 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

It's not my fault your attention span only relates to yourself. Like I said, narcissist. You seem to favour ignorance, ego and arrogance over the truth?

PS: Because someone calls you out it's 'bullying'? Haha, that's a poor attempt at fostering sympathy.

Anyway - looking back over all your replies to this thread you're reported.  Enjoy your day and thanks for your positive and helpful contribution to the forum.  

• Boring 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,431 posts
9,444 battles
1 minute ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Anyway - looking back over all your replies to this thread you're reported.  Enjoy your day and thanks for your positive and helpful contribution to the forum.  

Reported? Good luck with that and I sincerely don't mind, but I'd suggest you grow up a little. If it's a ban, it's one I'd welcome. Next time perhaps you could make your attempt to draw attention to yourself a little less obvious.

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles
3 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Reported? Good luck with that and I sincerely don't mind, but I'd suggest you grow up a little. If it's a ban, it's one I'd welcome. Next time perhaps you could make your attempt to draw attention to yourself a little less obvious.

Peace and love.  Hopefully your wish for a ban will be granted.  

• Boring 1