You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Excavatus

Moskva After Update

60 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,484 posts
5,953 battles

Ahoy captains, I've written in somewhereelse but that is too far away at the back..

2 Questions here,

As you may or may not know,

Moskva's easily penetrated bow and stern armor belt will be buffed from 25 to 50mm with tomorrows update,

what do you think this buff will change? will it change the playstyle of the ship? will make it more tanky?

and for the love of god! I am having the same problem again.

I can't make moskva work IMO, 62K average damage after 42 battles. I don't like it..

What should I do.. need tips.. :)

I figured the way to stay alive for longer durations.

I am figuring out how not to give away broadside. but cannot become useful for the team 6 out of 10 matches.

May be I am staying too far away.. but I am afraid to go near :)

My citadel starts crying!

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,246 posts
15,810 battles

its got its armor infused with vodka punch , now the bad yamato shells just slippery slide of it. ofc its gonna be more tanky now. just dont let the vodka fumes go to you head

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,540 posts
9,867 battles

It will just change one thing:

If you are very close to a BB, he cannot wreck your face with frontal citadels anymore. 

This is very nice, as it supports aggressive gameplay. Camping Moskvas will not be influenced a lot, since the top/roof of the nose stays the same, so you are vulnerable from distance. 

A Montana aiming for the pike of your nose can still do lots of damage close up btw - he just shouldn't hit your citadel. 

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,484 posts
5,953 battles
9 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

its got its armor infused with vodka punch , now the bad yamato shells just slippery slide of it. ofc its gonna be more tanky now. just dont let the vodka fumes go to you head

But the fuel tanks are filled with vodka!!!

What can I do?

[DREAD]
Players
421 posts

So... the Moskva, and the "We can not place it as a BB, because it has weak armor"- Stalingrad now get's now stronger armor than battleships?°^

Wargaming really doesn't like to make sense.

Players
5,201 posts
8,071 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

What can I do?

There is never enough vodka.

When it comes to Moskva though, generic "keep enemy at range early game, don't even think about showing broadside, man up once enemy ships thin out" tends to work for her.

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,484 posts
5,953 battles
3 minutes ago, josykay said:

So... the Moskva, and the "We can not place it as a BB, because it has weak armor"- Stalingrad now get's now stronger armor than battleships?°^

Wargaming really doesn't like to make sense.

They can't be "THE WG" If they start to make sense though.. right?

Btw I've never seen someone asking a buff for Moskva.. :)

I guess they just look at numbers generated by their Random Number Generator to buff or nerf the ships :)

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,246 posts
15,810 battles
18 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

What can I do?

Just have a Taste of Moscow festival on said fuel tank

Or just go down with flashlight and look in tank you might find me there having a blast

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,484 posts
5,953 battles
35 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

Just have a Taste of Moscow festival on said fuel tank

Or just go down with flashlight and look in tank you might find me there having a blast

having scrub in the fuel tank is completely unacceptable!

Now I know why I got detonated last night!

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles

Nonsensical change. 

Unless it's to prepare us for the glorious and majestic RU BB branch with balanced 50mm bow and deck armor. 

"give my ships kickass bow armor in case they make a video game about them one day ayy lmao" - Stalin circa 1947, probably. 

• Funny 5

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,636 posts
8,549 battles

I rarely see Moskva players do the nose in tactic. Maybe that will change.

But at the ranges where most Moskva players operate it's not going to make much difference since plunging fire is the enemy back there.

Maybe if a Moskva can survive long enough to get in close, then it'll be a tough nut to crack from the front.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,423 posts
6,923 battles

This change is nonsensical.

If Moskva deserves one buff (provided it actually deserves one...) , it should be its concealment.

Moskva is a ship that first should be played as a roaming cruiser. Stay at range and rain HE or AP depending on the targets. Then when the enemy team thins out, starts being agressive and use the armor belt, the radar and the HP pool to stomp on anything in your path.

This change will makes Moskva a beast at close range that can takes a Yamato head-on, before outmaneuvering its slow turret and nuke it with AP. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,540 posts
9,867 battles
8 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

If Moskva deserves one buff (provided it actually deserves one...) , it should be its concealment.

I like this change. Finally it is actually possible to push into BBs.

Moskva is a ship that first should be played as a roaming cruiser. Stay at range and rain HE or AP depending on the targets. Then when the enemy team thins out, starts being agressive and use the armor belt, the radar and the HP pool to stomp on anything in your path.

Unlike Kronshtadt, Moskva is actually best played like a Des Moines with more range, until the enemy team thins out - and then you become a roaming ship.

The reason for that is said concealment combined with that awful 1040m turning circle. 

This change will makes Moskva a beast at close range that can takes a Yamato head-on, before outmaneuvering its slow turret and nuke it with AP. 

Yamato will still deal massive damage if he aims at the pike of your nose. He will just not delete you instantly anymore.

Players
721 posts

It promotes peeps that only play for fun :fish_happy: to stationary bow on to a single target while broadsiding to the rest of the enemy team so I think it is a good update.

[POP]
Players
374 posts
8,346 battles

The most fun games I've had with Moskva has been the ones where I've been nose tanking and trying to keep the whole cap under radar at the same time. You'll get impressive amounts of potential damage while trying to lure the enemy hit your not so vulnerable parts. Beats the island hugging radar cruisering every time.

I welcome this change.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
45 posts
9,812 battles

Moskva deserved a buff .. but is it the good buff ? Concealment wouldn't has been maybe better ?

Players
5,201 posts
8,071 battles
28 minutes ago, Randschwimmer said:

From a DD's perspective? No. :Smile_Default:

I doubt WG would lower concealment below 11.7km... Camo buff would be welcome to stop being outspotted by Yamatos and Montanas tho.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,484 posts
5,953 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

I doubt WG would lower concealment below 11.7km... Camo buff would be welcome to stop being outspotted by Yamatos and Montanas tho.

I started not caring that I get spotted..

I start the matches with the idea "I am gonna spotted first!"

But those BBs, which can outspot me is a little wierd!

BTW, I have concealment module and CE on my captain... are these wasted? what do you think?

Players
5,201 posts
8,071 battles
2 hours ago, Excavatus said:

I started not caring that I get spotted..

I start the matches with the idea "I am gonna spotted first!"

But those BBs, which can outspot me is a little wierd!

BTW, I have concealment module and CE on my captain... are these wasted? what do you think?

I don't think these are wasted. In her case you're stacking camo to not ninja ambush someone, but to minimize being ninja ambushed by battleships. Though if Moskva had better camo I'd happily take extra rudder shift just for giggles.

Basically as long maxing camo remains the best build, not maxing it is deliberately gimping yourself with some exceptions

Players
993 posts
21,978 battles

Guess we can a full 100% focuss on Moskva's strenghts only,  as from patch 7.6 (= only 2 of em, (gunzzzz shell velocity + accuracy) and 50 mm armor) AND totally forget about its many weaknesses, as if those non-existing any longer as from tomorrow...sighhhhhhhhhh....

(...but then again, doing bits of brainstorming now: Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) would a 100% prefer to sail the Moskva(!), consideing he has the special powers to make-invisible/disappear things temporarily as a defence AND he has his Giant Eagles (his private airforce) protecting him at moments that realy count, tipping the point at battles.....yeah, he would play Moskva, pretty sure about that, to think of it)

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,215 posts
14,969 battles
19 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

AND totally forget about its many weaknesses

- concealment, which doesn't matter anyway because you're a long range roaming cruiser

Many weaknesses. Much wow.

Players
5,201 posts
8,071 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

- concealment, which doesn't matter anyway because you're a long range roaming cruiser

Many weaknesses. Much wow.

Don't forget totally not sticking out citadel, Moskva when caught broadside evaporates even faster than Minotaur:Smile_hiding:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,215 posts
14,969 battles
12 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Don't forget totally not sticking out citadel

Aside from the Hinden this is a universal trait among T10 cruisers and therefore not a weakness.

Players
5,201 posts
8,071 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Aside from the Hinden this is a universal trait among T10 cruisers and therefore not a weakness.

Except Moskau takes that to whole new level