Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

33 comments in this topic

[PARAZ]
[PARAZ]
Players
36 posts
5,605 battles

This clustered pile of what the hell is wrong with you of interface..

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10

[CRU_]
Players
171 posts
6,437 battles

My only reaction is how the hell do you play with that much crap on your screen. US Airforce developed a term for it related to pilot overload, when the information being fed actually has a negative impact on mission outcome.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

easy.
A shitload of info that i actually use. Well except the mods that show ship and enemy info that i am too lazy to remove.
Used to play eve online mate, you have no idea what overload by info means unless you play there! :D

Players
1,879 posts
10,556 battles

The title and tag makes absolutely no sense. Just because German BBs dispersion are bad doesn't mean they can't hit anything.

On a side note, not only is the UI cluttered, the graphic looks weird. Texture looks very mixed and wonky :Smile_amazed:

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

Unless someone explains how 1 overpen can cause 2 citadels it makes 100% sense to make fun of wg

• Funny 2

Players
1,879 posts
10,556 battles
14 minutes ago, Ouzo11 said:

Unless someone explains how 1 overpen can cause 2 citadels it makes 100% sense to make fun of wg

Easy. Citadels are considered separate from pens, overpens, shatters and bounce. That is why you can have 2 citadels and 1 overpen.

Seriously, people's ignorance and blaming WG for everything is getting kinda annoying. Go learn the game  mechanic first before making such stupid remarks.

• Cool 10

Players
2,169 posts
2 hours ago, pra3y said:

Easy. Citadels are considered separate from pens, overpens, shatters and bounce. That is why you can have 2 citadels and 1 overpen.

Seriously, people's ignorance and blaming WG for everything is getting kinda annoying. Go learn the game  mechanic first before making such stupid remarks.

Indeed, 3 shells hit, 2 were citadels, 1 was an overpen, not really that confusing @Ouzo11.

• Cool 3

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles

You must look every hit seperately, 2 hits are in the ship where a citadels are located and penetrate them to inflict damage, 1 hit maybe in the upper area where the target is only weak armored and no citadel to penetrate so it flies through the ship and count as overpen.

You could also have a bounce if one of the shells hit in an sharp angle.

• Boring 1

[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles

I think that interface is fine, mostly. It's exacerbated by lots of ships being in the same place. Though I'd advice you to have some transparency on the minimap. That large square can easily block your sight of say, an ally coming in fast just as you want to launch your torpedoes.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,498 posts
5,961 battles

1 citadel hit + 1 citadel hit equals to 2 citadel hits,

then add the 1 overpen to those,

the final result is 2 citadel hits and an overpen... which in result gave 23K+ damage and a kill and a devastating strike and a first blood achievement to you?

So whats the problem here?

besides your UI I mean... how can you even see what is going on there???

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,359 posts
11,200 battles
5 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

You got 3 hits, not 1.

Players
627 posts
4,978 battles

2.5K games and you thought with such certainty that citadel ribbons are CAUSED by regular pen ribbons?

I guess I shouldn't blame you, if I had all that clutter and crap on my UI I'd miss the obvious too.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles

I still see some ships, you can probably still add more UI elements to cover that up :Smile_trollface:

All teasing aside, the only time you should be concerned about results not matching up to ribbon is when you get a damage number that's simply incoherent with the ribbons given, ie: 1 overpen dealing twice the overpen damage, or more problematically (RIP DDs), 1 overpen dealing 2 regular pen's worth of damage.

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,606 battles

That's one busy screen buddy.   Do you suffer from migraines?  If you do, then I am no Doctor but I'm pretty sure I've found the reason why.  Good lord.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,338 posts
3,605 battles
7 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

:fish_palm:

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

1)Its 1 hit for 2 citadels. That does not make sense.
Its not 3 hits for 2 citadels.
The Ribbons first pop up on the side of the screen right after you shoot and hit something AND THEN they update the Ribbons and Damage on the top side of the screen.That means the 2 hits (which where shatters) are from a previous salvo.
Once again, 1 hit causing 2 citadels is stupid.And yes, if that is how it really works, well after 2+k battles its the first time i encountered it. Is it really so bad that i am buffled? Because it makes no sense in my mind.

2)
-Side bars with hp. I dont even need to move my mouse or turn my camera to know the hp of every1 who has been spotted. Ever. Late game on dds i know instantly when i can actively hunt enemy dds or not.
-Huge minimap +lines+ names. Besides me having issues noticing small details the size is perfect.I know everything without turning my camera.Even ships will appear on minimap before on screen.
-Ugly notification icons. Vanilla ones are stupidly small and as i said have a hard time noticing the small vanilla ones.
-Improved chat. Because the default sucks. Idgaf what som1s name is.I care what ship he is in when he says something on chat. In conjuction with sidepanels and minimap i dont even need to move my camera for anything other than shooting.
-Navigator mod. Why would i stay vanilla here? Instead of taking 2 seconds to calculate if som1 is moving upwards or downwards i just check the mod.Again saves me a shitload of time.
-Self and enemy info panels. Installed them few days ago when i was setting the mods for 2 friends who just started and didnt bother to remove them. Although i am probably gonna keep the self info one because on low tiers i tend to forget my ships stats.A LOT. :Smile_hiding:
-Compass mod because its so utterly useless that i love it.And still prettier than vanilla one.

Is it cluttered? No if you can just look at your screen and breath at the same time.Things become more complicated if you also need to move your mouse while breathing and looking at your screen.
Is it usefull? Hell yeah. And way more usefull than vanilla.
Should that bother you? Absolutely not. My game, my ui.

• Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,338 posts
3,605 battles
1 minute ago, Ouzo11 said:

The Ribbons first pop up on the side of the screen right after you shoot and hit something AND THEN they update the Ribbons and Damage on the top side of the screen.That means the 2 hits (which where shatters) are from a previous salvo.
Once again, 1 hit causing 2 citadels is stupid.And yes, if that is how it really works, well after 2+k battles its the first time i encountered it. Is it really so bad that i am buffled? Because it makes no sense in my mind.

Allow me to repeat myself: :fish_palm:

The citadel ribbons are also hit ribbons. You don't get a separate, "small" ribbon for the citadel hits in addition to the citadel hit indication. You scored three hits: One was an overpenetration, which means the game shows you the overpenetration ribbon. Two were citadel hits, triggering the citadel ribbon.

• Cool 5

[QUAK]
[QUAK]
Beta Tester
623 posts
9,193 battles
2 minutes ago, Ouzo11 said:

No, it is not!

If you don't that, look at the number of hits in the end screen (second page) and compare them with the hits in first page.

You'll find, that your total hits are the sum of normal hits AND citadels.

• Cool 1

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

And that is what i didnt know after 2,5k battle as so elegantly some people mentioned before.
Damn, now i cant make fun of wg :Smile_sceptic:

[HOO]
Players
1,248 posts
2,668 battles
8 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

Used to play eve online mate, you have no idea what overload by info means unless you play there! :D

Oh God I remember that!

I was in a fleet battle once with over 600 ships in combat. It was info overload

[SCRUB]
Players
8,009 posts
10,403 battles
8 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

Three shits: two for citadels, one for an overpenetration.

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,652 battles
22 minutes ago, Ouzo11 said:

And that is what i didnt know after 2,5k battle as so elegantly some people mentioned before.
Damn, now i cant make fun of wg :Smile_sceptic:

Well, If it makes feel you better, there's someone that replied at this post that after more than 6K battles still doesn't knows this...

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

What i never noticed is that citadels wont appear as "1 hit ribbon" AND "1 citadel ribbon".
People replying with "you got 3 hits 2 citadels" when there are only 2 hit ribbons on the top screen made no sense.
Uglesett and ks1975 explained it perfectly!
Should play bbs more.

As for the overload by info :  Eve-Online-Spreadsheet.jpg.optimal.jpg

http://www.accessiblegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/excel-in-space.png

Even these pictures are light compared to how i used to play there!
More info meant more chances to survive.
Optimizing everything so you could do x-thing 0.1s faster could again save your life.
So seeing people complain about my cluttered ui really feels weird since its not even close to being cluttered imho :cap_cool:

Sign in to follow this