Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tekacko

Remove the repair ships from Operation Newport

28 comments in this topic

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

Please do?

Maybe people will actually try to complete the operation, instead of hiding in the back repairing pointless amounts of HP and being *edited* useless.

I really want to gouge my eyes out after seeing how incompetent the usually random team on this operation is. Yet to get 5 goddamn stars on it, because everyone is hugging the goddamn repair ships like donkeys and the enemy always breach the perimeter...

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,493 posts
5,914 battles

So far I found that the repair ships matter little to the perimeter breach. Every time they breach the perimeter most of the team sits around in the open not focusing the closest ship but trying to snipe the CV or something along those lines. Removing the repair ships only screw over those actually trying to complete the operation at a later stage when those repairships are actually needed.

Don't remove the repair ships, teach people about focus firing. But considering the average player in an operation match I would not get my hopes up.

• Cool 6

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
305 posts
14,656 battles
2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Removing the repair ships only screw over those actually trying to complete the operation at a later stage when those repairships are actually needed.

Don't remove the repair ships, teach people about focus firing. But considering the average player in an operation match I would not get my hopes up.

Well written, no more comments needful...

• Cool 1

Players
3,439 posts
7,997 battles
19 ore fa, Tekacko ha scritto:

Please do?

Maybe people will actually try to complete the operation, instead of hiding in the back repairing pointless amounts of HP and being *edited* useless.

I really want to gouge my eyes out after seeing how incompetent the usually random team on this operation is. Yet to get 5 goddamn stars on it, because everyone is hugging the goddamn repair ships like donkeys and the enemy always breach the perimeter...

So everybody is hiding in the back?

Really?

Everybody?

Don't you think you are a bit overreacting here? Perhaps you had a bad game just now?

If anything in this scenario, I see more people actually rushing the enemy waves till their death resulting in our loss instead of staying a bit more back and this is what seems to cause most of the losses in this operation.

Most times the perimiter is breached, it is because of a lack of firepower or due to people reacting too late and staying at the wrong side of the perimiter so they can't be stopped in time.

The quality of players is often a letdown but not because they are all cowardly campers in the back against the edges. It's because they are poor players no matter where you put them.

• Cool 3

[SPAM-]
Players
11,105 posts
7,603 battles
4 minutes ago, principat121 said:

typical purple chatter

if you can't carry a whole team just gitgut

Typical silly answer. :Smile_Default:

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,068 posts
7,494 battles
15 minutes ago, Sana_Khan said:

Because you are constructive ? X89PueX.png

Next plz.

So... beside your butthurt you have nothing to add?

please cry more

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles

Please do?

Maybe people will actually try to complete the operation, instead of hiding in the back repairing pointless amounts of HP and being *edited*useless.

that it's what you think.

Actually you can cover both sides.

1)  the mass and Nurberg

2) the Konig and Myoko.

and the other one.

1) Aoba and friends

2) Bayern and Izumo.

In this ops I need the repair, usually after the 3th wave unless I'm in my Bayern.

Tell me, have you stand your ground against the Konig with LaGal or any other CL?

apparently not.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,618 battles

In all operations the repair circles should be removed. It's a cancer mechanic that give potatoes an excuse to run away leaving their team in an even bigger inferiority.

Remove them all and rebalance the bot teams accordingly.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles
47 minutes ago, principat121 said:

typical purple chatter

if you can't carry a whole team just gitgut

Typical average BB potato

Go back to being irrelevant

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,606 battles

I like repair ships if they are used correctly.  They should encourage aggressive play and then a fall back in between waves to heal.  The problem on Newport is the repair ships are at the back - way way back.  Why not move them up, have a repair station around some of the gun emplacements so that players are encouraged forward for aggressive play?

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles
26 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

that it's what you think.

Actually you can cover both sides.

1)  the mass and Nurberg

2) the Konig and Myoko.

and the other one.

1) Aoba and friends

2) Bayern and Izumo.

In this ops I need the repair, usually after the 3th wave unless I'm in my Bayern.

Tell me, have you stand your ground against the Konig with LaGal or any other CL?

apparently not.

The way you do this operation on 5 stars is you push out to the batteries and get crossfire into the retarded bots that sail in a straight line, and share damage between all your ships.

If you camp at the back near the repair ships you only shoot the bots´ noses and don´t deal nearly enough DPM to kill them before they breach the perimeter. (notwithstanding the fact that you are TOO FAR AWAY to shoot and hit effectively)

I can easily rack up 150 - 200k and still only get one or two stars, because imbeciles camp in the back the whole game and deal like 30k damage on max range, bow-on targets, instead of utilizing their ships´ HP pools.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,606 battles
2 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

The way you do this operation on 5 stars is you push out to the batteries and get crossfire into the retarded bots that sail in a straight line, and share damage between all your ships.

If you camp at the back near the repair ships you only shoot the bots´ noses and don´t deal nearly enough DPM to kill them before they breach the perimeter. (notwithstanding the fact that you are TOO FAR AWAY to shoot an hit effectively)

I can easily rack up 150 - 200k and still only get one or two stars, because imbeciles camp in the back the whole game and deal like 30k damage on max range, bow-on targets, instead of utilizing their ships´ HP pools.

Legend.

Players
3,439 posts
7,997 battles
7 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

I like repair ships if they are used correctly.  They should encourage aggressive play and then a fall back in between waves to heal.  The problem on Newport is the repair ships are at the back - way way back.  Why not move them up, have a repair station around some of the gun emplacements so that players are encouraged forward for aggressive play?

I like the repair stations as they provide a way to make a last stand.

I just played a couple games and in none did we have players who camped at the back.

If they made use of the repair stations at all, it would be cruisers who were a bit too yolowy and barely made it into the repair zone alive (alas I didn't make it last battle in my Budyonny :Smile_hiding:).

I do like your suggestion, but I'm just not sure it will matter in the end (just look at Raptor :Smile-_tongue:). Besides, the repair ships would make easy targets if they were up close at the front...but I think you are correct in that it would (shall we say) 'persuade' newer people into staying more at the front lines :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

Players
3,439 posts
7,997 battles
17 ore fa, JapLance ha scritto:

In all operations the repair circles should be removed. It's a cancer mechanic that give potatoes an excuse to run away leaving their team in an even bigger inferiority.

Except that these 'potatoes' hardly even make use of this excuse to run away and leave their teams in an even bigger inferiority.

These 'potatoes' seem to not really know what to do (so they for instance stay behind raptor and are oblivious to the torpedo bit) or they are less new players but simply don't really seem to care for their teammates (like people who sailed to NW of Raptor, shooting tons of damage quick and die, just so they could blame their teammate 'potatoes' for their failure of them having shotten LOTS of damage, but hardly any xp due to the team losing).

Removing all repair stations + rebalance everything will result in nothing, except costing WG employees time which could be spend better elsewhere :Smile_great:

Please do?

Maybe people will actually try to complete the operation, instead of hiding in the back repairing pointless amounts of HP and being f*cking useless.

Ok, so I propose another 'solution'.

To solve these 'goddamn donkeys' not being able to protect the perimeter..how about we simple remove the perimeter from the game! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles
6 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Ok, so I propose another 'solution'.

To solve these 'goddamn donkeys' not being able to protect the perimeter..how about we simple remove the perimeter from the game! :Smile_great:

I just tried again.

Our Pensacola camped near the repair ships the whole time and in the end got rammed by the enemy Aoba. :Smile_facepalm:

He got 300XP.

I will try again tomorrow.

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
12 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

If you camp at the back near the repair ships you only shoot the bots´ noses and don´t deal nearly enough DPM to kill them before they breach the perimeter. (notwithstanding the fact that you are TOO FAR AWAY to shoot and hit effectively)

No, you can do 150k and 200k and get 1 or 2 stars it's not because of campers, but it's because of those guys that go wondering off, rushing the waves and get sunk or being out of position, like in the other side of the perimeter. (just yesterday a guy in a turd, must have pressed W and was focused by the second wave far, far from everything, Minus one ship to stop the third wave, with 3 dds in it. there was just me and a Nurnberg the rest of the team were reposition still, one bb took the long route).

In the stage you are talking about there's no need to go outside the green perimeter, being close by the rocks and following the waves it's enough, going to safe the cv (but not too far).

when the green disappears then you go back to the repair zones (after the 3rd or 4th wave) either way if one of the flanks fall the other is in trouble.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
802 posts
10,731 battles

*edited*

My recent experience - the team was sitting in the base next to repair ships.  My kill , citadel and damage counters tell the story . Of course we could not stop all the DDs , the attack started earlier and I was focused and died. They've managed to get 4 stars although that could be an easy 5 stars if the team was around the front shore batteries.

Edited by NickMustaine
Image removed due to naming and shaming

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
15 ore fa, Episparh ha scritto:

*edited*

My recent experience - the team was sitting in the base next to repair ships.  My kill , citadel and damage counters tell the story . Of course we could not stop all the DDs , the attack started earlier and I was focused and died. They've managed to get 4 stars although that could be an easy 5 stars if the team was around the front shore batteries.

So, do you have a cure for stupid? Because your solution is killing...

Just to point it out, if you want a smotth saling operation, get a clan run, its fairly simple.

If not, that is the gist of randoms, we are not going to limit players under 45% WR off random battles now are we?

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,068 posts
7,494 battles
3 hours ago, Tekacko said:

I will try again tomorrow.

Why? Just why? Why do a purple dandy bother to play with random idiots and then is even surprised if those random idiots play like idiots? Can you not motivate enough of you precious clanmates to gather a 7-player-division and get 5 stars in the first try?

Complaining about bad teammates in Scenarios when playing solo is the same level of stupidity as bad players complaining about too strong Coop-Bots. What do you expect? Did you lost the overview of the average playerbase of this game when being on your high (clan) horse?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,526 posts
9,851 battles
6 hours ago, JapLance said:

I do like the "you've gotten this far now your entire team who was around the actual objective gets 1-2 minutes to repair" type.

Preferably I'd see the other ones changed to repair a bit faster, but only work for a set amount of hp or time per ship in an op. In Newport they just repair too slow and are too far back for those who plays the op aggressively trying to get max stars but rewards those who just sit max range. And with the way bots focus targets that guarantees those trying the least also get focused by enemy ships least too.

Sign in to follow this