Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Not enough game modes in WOWS!

14 comments in this topic

[TEA]
Players
1,199 posts
4,987 battles

Im a bit bored of the current status quo of the gameplay modes offered in WOWS.

It seems like all we do is the same thing again and again, while it can be fun at the start when you have a nice new shiney ship to play with but after a while you fall back into the same old routine and that feeling of lulz. Wondering to yourself what can I do next in-game? Oh there is just Co-Op, Random or Mission of the Week to choose from.

Missions are boring because the AI is predictable and the outcomes are always the same. Co-Op and Random suck too because there are only two game modes you get to play: Capture the Flag and Epicenter Domination.

Is that it? For a game such as WOWS with all the advanced game mechanics put into every ship and how much they boast about how amazing an experience you will have yet the most simple things that a game should already have as standard do not exist in WOWS. Where are the Team Deathmatch, Free-For-All or Domination modes? Many other online games have such modes, yet in WOWS they are missing.

Fix the game fundamentals before over-engineering everything else.....

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,984 posts
Vor 13 Minuten, HMS_Argosax sagte:

Im a bit bored of the current status quo of the gameplay modes offered in WOWS.

don't ignore the dev blog...

[SNUBS]
Players
1,303 posts
6,908 battles

altho i would be nice to see a new game mode.

I have no clue what that game mode will be tho 

[TTT]
Players
4,249 posts
7,934 battles

you're in a clan... why not do something with them? And I dont mean random divisions. Do Ops, do them with weird comps (but only with a 7 div please, don't screw over random guys with your trolling), go into training rooms and do silly stuff there.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you're in a clan... why not do something with them? And I dont mean random divisions. Do Ops, do them with weird comps (but only with a 7 div please, don't screw over random guys with your trolling), go into training rooms and do silly stuff there.

Sometimes, the most fun thing to do in a clan is to get a whole bunch of people, get into low or mid tier ships, and everyone clicks battle at the same time, with no one in a division. You'll get to fight a bunch of clanmates with clanmates in matches where you can just play around and have fun. And then there's always that lone guy who doesn't get into the same match you can point and laugh at.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,356 posts
11,171 battles
13 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Where are the Team Deathmatch, Free-For-All or Domination modes?

Domination has been there from the start, and Standard Battle is basically Team Deathmatch.

• Cool 1

Players
0 posts

OP has only played BBs. You hardly played cruisers and barely touched DDs. If your bored of BBs than try DDs. The game plays completely different than BBs.

And don't get me started with CVs. You haven't played a single game in 1. Maybe give it a try.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,984 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Ranger_NL sagte:

not only tier 8, 9 and 10

there are no clan battles at tier 8 or 9, they are only tier 10...

and of course distributing the clan battle players over all tiers (or even one more tier) would be very counterproductive...

Players
32 posts
3,284 battles

Yes please add Clan Battles for all tiers. I'd like to play Clan Battles with the mid-tier ships/playstyle. Why not divide the Clan Seasonal Battles in Low Tier- (1,2,3) Mid Tier- (4,5,6,7) and High Tier Battles (8,9,10) and every player and all clans can choose on which tier levels they want to participate. Stats and ranks can be kept separate per Tier Class (low, mid and high). Or create a separate Clan Battle Season for each tier. 

I don't like the very high tier battles since the play style is slower and also grinding for the high tier ships take a long time. I will probably never unlock tier 9 and 10 since I only play about 5 hours a week or less. I'm already having a hard time to unlock 8 without having bought Doubloons to convert for free XP. Even my dad who plays daily for hours since the game launched thinks the grinding is too slow, also for captain points (same slow speed). Imagine what the avarage players who only play an hour a day or a few hours a week thinks about this. They will never unlock the high tiers. And many players don't even like the high tiers because of the slower play style and having too serious kind of gamers there who play only to win and have good personal stats and less for having fun together.

I would like to see clan battles possible for every tier and not only tier 8, 9 and 10 because I would like to play in a mid-tier clan myself and play clan battles with the tiers 3 4,5 and 6 (and also 7  perhaps). Why not make it possible to play with every tier. Every tier has it's own nice ships and play style and speed. Not only hardcore gamers (mostly students with a lot of free time and retired/jobless people) who play for hours and hours everyday and/or people who spend hundreds of dollars/euro's on this game to buy Premium, Free XP or Flags to boost XP etc. should be able to play clan battles....

Players
32 posts
3,284 battles
8 minutes ago, Bismark_ohne_Zeh said:

there are no clan battles at tier 8 or 9, they are only tier 10...

and of course distributing the clan battle players over all tiers (or even one more tier) would be very counterproductive...

My clan asked my dad to join a clan battle as soon as he unlocked his first tier 8 ship.  (https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/clan-vs-clan-season-3/ When the season starts, any player who plays a Random or Clan Battle with a Tier VIII–X ship, will be given a set of three special Tier X ships for temporary use: flag_Japan.pngelite.pngX Shimakaze, flag_Germany.pngelite.pngX Hindenburg, flag_United_Kingdom.pngelite.pngX Conqueror. ).

You mean that if you unlock tier 8 you have to get the tier 10 loan ships and use them for the Clan Battles? Then the website is not very clear.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,483 posts
5,953 battles
1 hour ago, Ice_Queen_NL said:

My clan asked my dad to join a clan battle as soon as he unlocked his first tier 8 ship.  (https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/clan-vs-clan-season-3/ When the season starts, any player who plays a Random or Clan Battle with a Tier VIII–X ship, will be given a set of three special Tier X ships for temporary use: flag_Japan.pngelite.pngX Shimakaze, flag_Germany.pngelite.pngX Hindenburg, flag_United_Kingdom.pngelite.pngX Conqueror. ).

You mean that if you unlock tier 8 you have to get the tier 10 loan ships and use them for the Clan Battles? Then the website is not very clear.

Clan battles are only for tier X ships, 7vs7 with no CV and max 1 BB allowed.

They are (WG) renting 3 set of ships (BB/DD/CA) through out the clan battle season duration,

to allow people who doesn't have tier 10 ships to play in CBs.

To earn this Rental ships, you need to have at least a tier VIII ship.

you can mount any upgrade on these ships, but you cannot put camo on them.

You can put any captain from the same nation on them without penalty and you can spec captains for free during the duration of the clan battle season If you played at least 1 CB match this season.

These are all written in the article BTW.. and much more..

Sign in to follow this