Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dutchreaper

What to do?

20 comments in this topic

[N2-DT]
[N2-DT]
Players
7 posts
2,456 battles

Hi m8's

I like to ask you what to do?

For over more then 2 years now i have to loze my first match always. It is even so that in the first 4 matches i loze 3 of them and may win 1 (don't forget the draws).

It is very frustrating. No matter what i do, i can't seem to get out of that circle.

I contacted WG support for this matter, but they are all but helpful (you know the "working as intended" answers you get en how MM work) and do not take this problem serious.

When you keep sending tickes you finally get a real answer saying: We at support can't do anything for you if it concerns in game problems. You have to ask a Dev for help on the forum. We can not help you on this matter.

This concludes that the rest of the supports that say: "we have lookt at your accound and there is noting wrong with it " seems to lie. But hell that is my opinion. Even when you say somthing is "my opinion" you get a chat ban for insult. Well after 2 years of having this problem you go thinking that they rigged the game. And even if you say the words ïn my opinion" they see that as an insult. That was my mistake to say so i got a chat ban.

But back to the top.

Any ideas what to do? Would hate to quit playing the game.

Tanks for any advise.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I can't believe it's every first game. However no direct advice. My "rule of thumb" is I don't play when there are less than 10 k players on the server. Too big a chance I'm being thrown in the lousy team. (Summing a base chance of 75% for that anyhow.)

Also maybe starting with a co-op match to "warm up" might do the trick.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,357 posts
11,171 battles

I'm not sure why you had to contact support for this .. 

And about "Any ideas what to do?", play more than 4 battles then ? (as it only affects the first 4 battles as you say)

Players
4,925 posts
6,062 battles

Well, there's basically three options on the table and they might all sound not too great, but no point beating around the bush:

• Quit the game, because you don't enjoy the game and there is no point playing something unenjoyable.
  • Accept the status quo and just stop caring.
  • Try to improve your own gameplay.

First two options are basically self-explanatory. Third option though... yes, you are not good at this game. That has little to do with mechanics and likely more to do with you lacking an understanding of them. I'd say, if you do pick the third option, then you are best off trying to watch youtubers who play WoWS and read up on what people say how ships are played, look up mechanics on the wiki, maybe seek out people who are willing to help you, like a clan, stating you are willing to learn and want help.

This game is not exactly intuitive in all its mechanics, so much is missed if one does not have sources to information outside the game (like these boards), so it's not really something that's specifically on you, but if you want to avoid losing most of your games, it's better to learn how to play the game properly.

Or you accept that things will stay as they are, in which case, option 1 or 2. Pick whichever you find more enjoyable.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles
20 minutes ago, Dutchreaper said:

Hi m8's

For over more then 2 years now i have to loze my first match always. It is even so that in the first 4 matches i loze 3 of them and may win 1 (don't forget the draws).

It is very frustrating. No matter what i do, i can't seem to get out of that circle.

I contacted WG support for this matter, but they are all but helpful (you know the "working as intended" answers you get en how MM work) and do not take this problem serious.

When you keep sending tickes you finally get a real answer saying: We at support can't do anything for you if it concerns in game problems. You have to ask a Dev for help on the forum. We can not help you on this matter.

This concludes that the rest of the supports that say: "we have lookt at your accound and there is noting wrong with it " seems to lie. But hell that is my opinion. Even when you say somthing is "my opinion" you get a chat ban for insult. Well after 2 years of having this problem you go thinking that they rigged the game. And even if you say the words ïn my opinion" they see that as an insult. That was my mistake to say so i got a chat ban.

But back to the top.

Tanks for any advise.

You lie, you have 45% winrate...

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,588 battles

Is this a genuine post?  Doesn't say in what tiers or ships he's playing?  And people accuse me of chumming the water?  Jeez.  This thing is bordering on the supernatural - maybe the ghosts of WG players past are prowling the server and targeting just the first 4 games of hapless sailors?  

[CU]
Players
313 posts
3,478 battles
47 minutes ago, Dutchreaper said:

I doubt it was support that banned you unless they were fed up of you sending support tickets that have nothing to do with support and people like you are the reason it takes so long to get a proper answer for those actually needing support.

Risolette has given you the 3 options. If you go for option 3 watch Flamu or iChase or Notser to get an idea of tactics, positioning etc. T6 is a bad tier as well as you are quite often up-tiered and get to meet T8 who will shred you. 

I don't know Up_the_donald, maybe you could click and have a look? Posts like that are exactly why people say you are chumming the water (nice turn of phrase btw, not heard it before) completely useless.

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

Improve your game.
Watch official wg youtube channel. the playlist "how it works".
Youtube for "captains academy" and watch them all.
Watch them several times till you know everything by heart.
It will take time for all the new info to settle in.

Then watch games on youtube by notser, jingles, flambass, flamu that have commentary. Jingles is more of an entrepreneur but still has great games.
45% wr and an average damage of 30-36k on t8 bbs is kinda bad.

On the aforementioned yt channels pay attention to the positioning of the ships since that is the next most important thing after knowing the game mechanics.
Last but not least, try the aslain modpack.
Good luck!

Players
4,925 posts
6,062 battles
7 minutes ago, Ouzo11 said:

Then watch games on youtube by notser, jingles, flambass, flamu that have commentary. Jingles is more of an entrepreneur but still has great games.

I guess you meant amateur, but yes. Though for the mere basics, still good enough.

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

I meant that he is actively trying to entertain people by commenting out mistakes in funny way, making jokes, laughing.
Watching flamu is more like documentary where he keeps talking about the ships stats, playstyle, strong and weak points etc and also comments on occasion various tactics or strategies that are not being used by his or the opponent team.
Flambass has audio from his teamspeak3/discord with his team and does not actively comment on each ship he plays. But filtering through his dialogues, jokes, sarcasm and jokingly-complains, one can find several good advices and ideas.
Notser for learning when to tactically beach and when not.Also great to teach you how often you need to look at your minimap.Because, well, he beaches a lot :D

[SNUBS]
Players
1,303 posts
6,908 battles

Dear WG for over 2 years now  Potato's  are the reason i lose my game. 

its very frustrating. I keep playing the same ship OVer and OVER again But nothing changes!

its like i am cursed. Plz advice.

But in all seriousness it Does feel like sometimes MM is rigged. 

But no it is not the case  sometimes u just win 8 in a row and sometimes u just lose 8 in a row.

And u losing every first match  i find that very strange But it is possible. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,987 posts
14,881 battles
1 hour ago, Dutchreaper said:

Yeah, the sheer amount of draws in the last time is really terrible...

Your problem is a quite common one for prople with the Arkansas B in their harbour. So the only chance to avoid it would be selling all Your ships, then starting a new account. On that new account You will be playing a lot better than on the current account, believe me...

• Funny 1

[N2-DT]
[N2-DT]
Players
7 posts
2,456 battles

Hi m8's,

Tanks for the advise. There is a enough info that is help full for me. 

Will look at the Youtube channels mentioned above, will not play if there is less then 10k online and will try to inprove my own gameplay.

Agin, thanks for the help.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,244 posts
2,661 battles

OP ....

Start your day at a low tier 3 or 4 for example. Stay there til you win, then move up a tier, and repeat.

Also pick ships / classes that suit your mood that day.

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles
3 hours ago, Dutchreaper said:

Hi m8's

But back to the top.

Tanks for any advise.

Had that "feeling" for quite a long time - if not every game then at least most first games was a loss for me. What I did was accept that it would happen that and I needed to "warm up" to get in the "zone". And I also began taking a ship out I felt very comfortable playing on mid tier 5 or 6  for a battle or two, before changing to then ship I really wanted to play that day. That did it for me, now I just play whatever ship and while I can still loose a first game of the day, its not frustrating and do not happen a lot anymore.

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
14,094 battles

I love how many victories I enjoy. I think this MM rigging does not apply to everyone mate. Have you tried buying any premiums? Do you have a premium account? I hear it genuinely increases the odds by at least 15%. 

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
13 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You lie, you have 45% winrate...

To be fair, he is only speaking about the first four matches, so if he plays more and wins some of the following ones, he can still reach 45% WR.

11 hours ago, Dutchreaper said:

1 last thing,

How do i close the topic :Smile_hiding:

Forum members can't close topics. You can ask the moderation team to do so (which you basically did more or less with this post already).

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles

Hiya Dutch! Welcome to the forum, right place for advice, though it can be brutal. Take it the right way and we can help you out though. Best thing to do now is to take a serious look at your personal stats (as I am doing right now) and see in which ships and tiers you have been doing well and in which you have not been so successful. This will surely help to unlock the knot a bit. Now lessee here...:cap_book:

BTW, you can use this site to check them yourself: https://wows-numbers.com/player/502075551,Dutchreaper/

Simply put, check from there what ships you did well in and play them some more. It is more fun and educational. :Smile_glasses:

To start with, it seems you have committed the usual cardinal error of trying to advance up the tiers way too quickly. Slow down the phase a LOT and take your time to improve before you go up the tiers, the game and maps will get progressively harder the higher you go and at your current level you will just get butchered ever so often and lose more games than you care to count. This is not a game bug, but means that you are not yet ready for the higher tiers. That is nothing to worry about you'll get there but you will have to put some 3000 more games into it, so no hurry.:cap_old:

Your scores fall drastically after passing tier 4, so it would be best to return back to that tier and practice some more. Do not move up the tier until you pass the 50% mark with flying colors. That will only make you an average player like myself, but it is a start and a lot less discouraging than getting killed and losing every game.:Smile_Default:

As for ships, try to find your "Own" ship line, you are currently just fluttering quite aimlessly trough any and all kinds of ships and consequently have no focus or expertise in any of them. This needs to change so you can get a head start. Your scores in a Battleship seem to be considerably higher than any other ship class so it might make sense to primarily stick with them for the time being. Tirpitz seems OK so you might give it a go from time-to-time and you were doing good in Bayern, so stick with the German BB line for now. Learn how to play Gneisenau and Schanhorst. Once you master those you will do well in Bismarck also.:cap_win:

Of course, this does NOT mean that you should not try any other shiplines ever, of course you should. Knowing what other ships can do will also improve your gameplay and as a BB player you should definitely become familiar with DD play or else you will be subject to eating excessive amounts of torps every game you play. Pick a DD line and learn to play them adequately so you can understand what they can and cannot do, this will help you to become much more effective BB player also (since you'll live longer that way). It also will not hurt to check the Cruisers out, this will help you to deal with them better, when facing those in the game. Live and learn and you'll git good, no worries. :cap_like:

Oh yeah and the "Curse of the First 4 matches" then? Oh well, happens to me every time I fail to wake myself up properly before starting, so have your cereals and coffee before playing to make sure your brain is properly booted up. Also you might wanna look at how many players are in the game server and what time it is before beginning the day's grind. And of course, if the queue shows there are 120 BB, 5 DD's, 2 Cruisers and 1 CV in waiting, it is perfectly legit to change your ship to the type, which is not overflowing in the queue (from BB to Cruiser or DD, for example). This will let you get into the game quicker and perhaps result in more favorable MM overall.:Smile_great:

@Dutchreaper

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles
14 hours ago, Dutchreaper said:

Hi m8's

But back to the top.

Tanks for any advise.

Complex problem, the solution is simple really. 

Play the first two games in coop, get your first and second victory and then switch to randoms. 

Problem solved, you’re welcome. 

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this