Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

WOW Grozovoi Big Buff (not radar)

25 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,566 posts
15,869 battles

Well if I am reading the changes to the Grozovoi correctly.

She can know have Defensive fire or Heal and speed boost has been moved to a new slot. Heal she gets MAX of 3 (2 with prem consumable +1 with commander perk)

Gun range has been increased.

Down side Reduced Speed boost and Smoke form Max 4 to 3

Defensive fire stays MAX 4

That's  going to make her Very Very strong

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,499 posts
9,821 battles

Nothing really new.

Will be a lot nicer in Randoms, but not OP.

We will have to see how it performs in CW compared to Radar-YY, since it can never heal more than 50%, and is very big/sluggish.

[IDDQD]
Players
1,787 posts
16,463 battles

good buff for grozo, it was needed.  

But more interested in Zao's 12km torp buff :fish_cute_2:

• Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,106 posts
14,966 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

She can know have Defensive fire or Heal

Aren't heal and DFAA in separate slots?

At least I've seen nothing in the patchnotes that suggests otherwise.

Beta Tester
2,499 posts
9,821 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Aren't heal and DFAA in separate slots?

At least I've seen nothing in the patchnotes that suggests otherwise.

Patch Notes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Soviet destroyer Grozovoi, in slot 4, we’ve added the Repair Party consumable with the following characteristics:
HP recovery per second: 0.5% points;
Active for: 28 seconds;
Reload time: 120 seconds and 80 seconds for the enhanced consumable;
Number of charges for the standard consumable: 1; for the enhanced consumable: 2.
The firing range has been increased from 10,970 to 12,300 m. The Engine Boost consumable has been moved to a separate slot.
Thus, Grozovoi will inherit the gameplay of Udaloi and will be a logical continuation of the branch. She will be able to oppose enemy destroyers in an attempt to gain control of key areas, using the Repair Party consumable to restore her HP. An increased firing range together with the Advanced Firing Training skill will enable you to fight enemy battleships and cruisers, while maintaining a relatively safe distance. Separation of the Defensive AA Fire and Engine Boost consumables will prevent a player from being torn between the destroyer's mobility and her effective AA defense.
The number of charges for the Smoke Generator and Engine Boost consumables has been reduced from 2 to 1 (from 3 to 2 for the Premium consumable). The number of charges for the Defensive AA Fire remains unchanged. Because of this, the ship will retain the ability to use the consumables to gain advantage, but the reduced number of charges will require a more careful choice of when to use them, which will mostly affect the final stages of a battle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, Grozo has 3 slots.

DefAA and Speedboost are sitting together in slot 3.

To me it seems like they actually mean that

Repair Party will be added to slot 3(!),

and Speedboost will move to a seperate slot (4).

If that is true, you will have to decide between DefAA and Heal, which is perfect.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,106 posts
14,966 battles
2 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

To me this reads like they actually meant that Repair Party will be added to slot 3(!) and Speedboost will move to a seperate slot (4).

Reads like adding heal to the new slot 4 just like the headline says while separating speed boost and DFAA, putting speed boost into a new slot 5 to me.

Eh, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Or can @MrConway please clear up this bit of confusion? :)

Beta Tester
2,499 posts
9,821 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Reads like adding heal to the new slot 4 just like the headline says while separating speed boost and DFAA, putting speed boost into a new slot 5 to me.

Eh, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Or can @MrConway please clear up this bit of confusion? :)

While that was my first thought too, I think that the other explanation makes more sense - they probably just meant 3 instead of 4.

From the wording, Speedboost could also be at slot 4 now, together with the Heal.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,566 posts
15,869 battles
58 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Patch Notes:

Currently, Grozo has 3 slots.

DefAA and Speedboost are sitting together in slot 3.

To me it seems like they actually mean that

Repair Party will be added to slot 3(!,

and Speedboost will move to a seperate slot (4).

If that is true, you will have to decide between DefAA and Heal, which is perfect.

Thats how i read it.. Though smoke or heal is more like Khaba so would make sence 

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
304 posts
14,623 battles

Not really big buff because amount of consumables was lowered to ONE only for smoke and ONE for heal (only 14% heal!)... It's pretty low :(

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,802 battles
10 minutes ago, Max_Kammerer said:

Not really big buff because amount of consumables was lowered to ONE only for smoke and ONE for heal (only 14% heal!)... It's pretty low :(

Yeah, by lowering the amount of charges they really hobbled the buff. Now Grozo needs both premium consumables and SI. But it's still a buff, we'll see how the ship performs.

I think that the improved range is the larger buff to the ship, compared to the heal.

PS: I'm really considering ending my Udaloi grind just to get the ship faster.

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
304 posts
14,623 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Now Grozo needs both premium consumables and SI. But it's still a buff, we'll see how the ship performs. I think that the improved range is the larger buff to the ship, compared to the heal.

Yes , we probably need couple of battles with this high-tech beauty (IMHO the most beautiful DD in the game...) for final decision. So, I'm looking forward for Thursday's morning :), the first battle will be with Grozo...

[MJK]
Players
269 posts
7,835 battles
27 minutes ago, Max_Kammerer said:

It will be a nice boost non the less. The best news to my ears are the increase in range. Something that this ship needs badly. Im a total potato in a BB and earlier today I met a Groz in my Conq. At 15+ km I hit him 2 times for a total of 18000hp. And if I can do that then anyone can. So its still vulnerable to BBs at 15+km. At 10-12km its suicide to engage them.

I used the discount yesterday to respec my Groz-capitain according to the Reddit-build (Dolphin_Princess), but added SI to get max smoke and heal. It now has 6.7 detection and 3.2sec reload. With the range buff Aft will put the range to 14.76km and the legendary module will put the reload down to around 3sec. I think we have a firebreathing monster in the making.

:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,802 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Kammerer said:

IMHO the most beautiful DD in the game...

The only reason I started the Ognevoi grind was just to get the Project 40N, and that was before the buff was announced. That is one sexy ship.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,447 posts
11,398 battles
9 minutes ago, Systergummi said:

It will be a nice boost non the less. The best news to my ears are the increase in range. Something that this ship needs badly. Im a total potato in a BB and earlier today I met a Groz in my Conq. At 15+ km I hit him 2 times for a total of 18000hp. And if I can do that then anyone can. So its still vulnerable to BBs at 15+km. At 10-12km its suicide to engage them.

I used the discount yesterday to respec my Groz-capitain according to the Reddit-build (Dolphin_Princess), but added SI to get max smoke and heal. It now has 6.7 detection and 3.2sec reload. With the range buff Aft will put the range to 14.76km and the legendary module will put the reload down to around 3sec. I Think de have a firebreathing monster in the making.

:cap_rambo:

Going for "reddit build" is really a way to play Grozovoi as inferior Khaba, though. The buff certainly helps this playstyle, but it still looks like a waste of potential - Grozovoi can't really compete with Khaba when it comes to the speed-based open-water gunboating. She lacks the lightning speed and trollish armor for that, even with the range advantage. Grozovi's advantage lies in the fact that (unlike Khaba) she can do the job of a DD... but that requires CE.

• Cool 1

[SPAM-]
Players
11,100 posts
7,603 battles

Good DD > Players who complain > WG Work = *Magic* OP Ship.

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,584 battles
3 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Well if I am reading the changes to the Grozovoi correctly.

She can know have Defensive fire or Heal and speed boost has been moved to a new slot. Heal she gets MAX of 3 (2 with prem consumable +1 with commander perk)

Gun range has been increased.

Down side Reduced Speed boost and Smoke form Max 4 to 3

Defensive fire stays MAX 4

That's  going to make her Very Very strong

No because game is full of radars...every DD has nerfed...or DD game has nerfed totally

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MJK]
Players
269 posts
7,835 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Going for "reddit build" is really a way to play Grozovoi as inferior Khaba, though. The buff certainly helps this playstyle, but it still looks like a waste of potential - Grozovoi can't really compete with Khaba when it comes to the speed-based open-water gunboating. She lacks the lightning speed and trollish armor for that, even with the range advantage. Grozovi's advantage lies in the fact that (unlike Khaba) she can do the job of a DD... but that requires CE.

I dont agree. Ive played 400+ games in the Kebab and I love it to bits. But its not that great. Especially not in the current meta, all BB and CA/CL. Its fun though. My Udaloi stats are  better then my Kebab stats, even damage. And I think in general that Udaloi plays better then Grozovoi, despite having 4. something reload and 7.2 detection. Grozovoi is just sooooo sluggish and handles like a brick of turds. 6km detection just lures you in to close and then you cant get out. Its better to stay at longer range and use the insane speed to rush down DDs without support. Just like you do in the Kebab and Udaloi. 6.7detection is enough to pull of torp attacks vs cruisers and BBs. And with 3 smokes and 3sec reload you will be burning down a lot of ships. I think that full consealment build will net you some great games, but staying a little further back will give you consistently better games. The power of this ship increases towards the endgame. So staying alive and not dying to radar or random torps in the beginning is vital. And it happens to often in the Grozovoi. I have the same issue with the z52.

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
139 posts
13,883 battles

I agree with Systergummi. Getting close in the Grozovoi often ends you quickly. She is too big and clumsy and her amazing guns can't realiably save you from that. I will probably respec her after 0.7.6 hits live and switch CE with SI and then play her like Udaloi which I also enjoyed massively (plus, both Udaloi and Grozovoi look massively more sexy than Tashkent and Khaba).

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,647 posts
2,431 battles
17 hours ago, Riselotte said:

It is five seperate slots, as can be seen here.

Well spotted, that should answer the above question!

• Cool 2

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,628 posts
6,003 battles

the first with 5 , or am i wrong?

EDIT: the new T9/10 USN CLs get 5 slots too i see.

lets the gimmick arms race begin (again)

[-GG-]
Players
191 posts
12,036 battles

Grozovoi ??? Whatever - Zao is now the ultimate-DD with 4x4 12km torps and 9,7 concealment:cap_like:

[MJK]
Players
269 posts
7,835 battles

Had my first 3 games in the Grozovoi. First I screwed up so badly its not even funny. Second and third was ok 100-150k dmg, 2-3 kills, 1-2 caps. But the fun bit was playing vs CV. OMG :Smile_great:

I hope every game is a CV game in this boat. It has everything. If I was a CV player I would dread this ship...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this