MrConway

Clan Feature: Dual Teams

7 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles

Please share your feedback on the new ability for clans to field two separate teams in clan battles..

[AAO]
Players
98 posts
5,324 battles

Why is the ability to choose a second rating for your clan hidden behind the upgrade for your clan base to 40 players (20k oil)!? For smaller clans which didn't focus on expanding the available places in their clan that's quite an obstacle now or aren't they supposed to have another rating and have to play tryhard all the time?

I really like the feature but I don't get why it has to be behind this obstacle.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,860 posts
1,179 battles

I don't have an answer to that question, but I will check it with the team. @Tyranno85

[PARAZ]
Players
46 posts
15,183 battles

I really appreciate the 2nd rating, but may I ask why it starts that far behind? (Alpha Rating at season start >> beta rating at season start)
Do not know what the intention of the developers is, but how we as HAMI prefer to use it, is to have a 'tryhard' best team fighting for the best rating somewhere in Hurricane, while still having a 2nd team for tryouts, fun, and training newer players, expected to land somewhere in Taifun. 
Issue is, when main team approaches Hurricane (which will be pretty soon), the 2nd team has to either play in the lowest possible or in the highest possible league. 

For this season it is to late to change anything, but may I ask for an improvement regarding this for the 4th season? E.g. A clan starts with only 1 rating. When it decides to open up a 2nd, the 2nd rating starts 300 points (= exactly 1 league) below the alpha rating. That way the hurricane Clans can start at their respective strenght, while weaker clans won't gain too much from it.
I know this is a pretty specific request regarding only the best clans, but it would help us a lot. Or make it at least pls start on the same note as the alpha rating.

Ty for your time
Warlead HAMI

[NUKED]
Players
386 posts
10,332 battles

I have a question: We have those 2 teams and we played some games on the 2 days where it was possible. One team is in "Gale" and the other team is in the starting league ("Squall"). 

Now we have a player who had played in Beta team only, which is and was in Squall-League only, but his wins in Squall were also counted for Gale. Is that intended, because the Alpha-Team is in Gale and is counted as the clan rating? I just want to clarify if that is intended or just a display bug from the client (which happens some time). I mean, when the Alpha-Team is getting into the Storm-League, will victories (for that mission) also be counted for Storm-League, when you play with the Beta-Team in Squall-League???

In general: The two teams are a very good idea! As @DataDemon pointed out: The team with the lower rating is good for training and just4fun, even though some member dont like to be named as "the second team", but that is nothing you can change, i think, because there is a need to name them somehow.

unknown.png.c2c97da63eb46dfd638353df91501c6b.png

[PARAZ]
Players
46 posts
15,183 battles

@Sehales Can you pls tell if it is intentional that the Beta rating plays against the same guys like the alpha rating? Before tonight Hami was #9 on the list, we did not have our main team so we only formed the 2nd row team to play in the GALE league. That is 400 points lower. That said, our opponents were 50% of the top storm league. WGP2W, HOME to mention some of them. Indeed the rewards were 'better', that is we lose less points for losing and win usually 30-35, but we did not join the beta rating to how 'unrated' alpha team. 
So the question is, even if I admit that Hami 2nd team is stronger than GALE II league (watch my first comment), which is why exacty we just wish to get to the respective rank; is it intended to get Alpha ratings opponents?! If so, fine, but pls communicate that aswell. Playing against weaker oponents for trying and learning is not the same as playing against the same teams without beeing 'punished' too much for losing.

• Cool 1