MrConway

New Operation "Cherry Blossom"

12 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles

Please share your feedback on our new Operation "Cherry Blossom" here.

[OLEUM]
[OLEUM]
Players
3 posts
8,405 battles

I have the, seemingly very common, loading screen bug where my screen gets stuck on loading.

I've searched both here and reddit but cannot find anything official, just one reddit post saying WG have responded on the forums looking into the problem. Can you update us on what's happening please?

Players
339 posts

Hi All.

When players ships equipped with radar why the hell don't you use it when asked at start and then wonder why you sail into a bunch of DD's & torpedos. 

And why do you ignore the enemy ships close to shore firing on the defences, then wonder why the game is over within a few minutes as those ship have wiped out the shore defences.

See videos and read up on this scenario before you play it.   

To WG only.

Why are the carriers there if their fighter don't provide cover or go after enemy planes that are attacking friendlies some way away from the carriers or the bomer bomb the aerodromes in a limited roll makes better logic for then to do that. 

Apart from the repair area from one, they are all but utterly useless. 

[TRRC]
Players
540 posts

Played once, 3 stars, much better than in P.T. Did u make some changes to make it a little easier than before? Or I was jut lucky to get a nice team?

Players
339 posts
1 hour ago, RedAnark said:

Played once, 3 stars, much better than in P.T. Did u make some changes to make it a little easier than before? Or I was jut lucky to get a nice team?

Hi YOU JUST GOT LUCKY.

Nothing has changed in fact i think there was more torps and seems some had longer ranges too and faster torp loads. 

Many of my game were lost at the start from first DD attack where no one would use radar to the beach defence, just like PTS. (Did get a 5 star game 1 in PTS and 1 in this update.) 

• Cool 1

Players
597 posts
9,678 battles

Operation is pretty easy at least in regards to getting four stars as long as one plays it in a division of three or more players, full one isn't really needed. There are only two key points :

1. Steaming pedal to the metal towards the landing zone and getting rid of the cruisers before they kill one of the regiments. 

2. People not yoloing way ahead of the rest in the second part of the mission. 

The only bad thing about is the fact that I free expd the Worcester already, in hindsight it would have been better to grind the Cleve in this mission and then just skip the Seattle. But alas, that's first world problems IMHO... 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,860 posts
1,179 battles
On 6/28/2018 at 10:28 AM, theBishopp said:

I have the, seemingly very common, loading screen bug where my screen gets stuck on loading.

I've searched both here and reddit but cannot find anything official, just one reddit post saying WG have responded on the forums looking into the problem. Can you update us on what's happening please?

It has been fixed for the Steam version (in case you modified it to use your regular account or you use it for a second account).

If you are using the regular client, please run an integrity check and try again. If it is not working after that, please get in touch with our customer support team for further investigation: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/

Players
339 posts

Hi WG.

What *edited* in the Dev's thinks the carriers fighters should not go out to attack enemy planes before they get to the carriers and stay behind the carriers only attacking after the enemy planes have launched and none of the bombers attacking Aerodromes, WG YOU Blithering idiots what the hell are those CV fighters cowering behind the carriers doing there, you idiots they should be infront.

Ideally one fight squad should stay with carriers but a little way in front so as to tackle enemies that get through and then support ships AA?, lastly the cv AA guns, the other flights go out further to meat the attackers and the carriers send 1-2 flights of bombers to attack aerodromes with some or little damaging effect and seems logical. (The team will still have to do the most and not rely on bomber at all)

You have it all fighters behind carriers attack after enemy launched and then go behind to far away the be any good to carriers and team, WHAT *edited* at best the carriers survive at worse one get sunk while the fighters do nothing to help, even when we are getting torpedo, HO LOOK NO FIGHTER COVER, just like a human player with no clue how to support their team. 

DEV's this scenario from start to finish MAKE YOU LOOK STUPID as almost all is wrong enemy ships spawn too close to shore destroying all before we can see them let alone hit them, and the 2 aerodromes would not alway launch torp bomber so enemy CV's would be more logical for torp planes/fighters and air bases for bombers, our cv's arrive to late should be sooner to help with shore attackers and help with spotting then we would stand a better chance with the torp soup.

On the Torp soup do the torp bombers carry 2 torps as i see 4-6 planes attacking and 8-12 torps in the water and seem no different even after most have been shot down before launch.  

Edited by NickMustaine
Insults and Provocations

Players
339 posts

Hello NickMustaine

Sorry for the blunt wording but it made me angry that thing are so wrong, yes i hold my hands up.

Any way why was i insulted by another poster and they were not warned or their post edited and that poster for now remain nameless keeps trolling other players about their intelligence more or less saying the same as i did but a bit worse.

Players
721 posts

I always disregarded Operations and I probably played less than 10 before this one but I'm a fan now.

What I like:

• Fun and relaxing;
  • Not much effort needed besides a couple pointers to the team on what and when to do some stuff.
  • Mindless pew pew.
  • Allows a good xp and Fxp grind.
  • Restriction to tier and class makes it easier for everyone.

I've spammed like 20 games of this operation and I think I should be averaging above 4.5 stars per game, so very easy.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,142 battles

I fail to understand where the need to make Cherry Blossom so so so much easier came from?

On PTS it was perfectly doable. Not guaranteed win, just like it normally would be, random potatoes could still screw something up, but it was perfectly doable with 5 stars. As long as you follow 3 simple rules, that is. Don't ignore the Myokos, don't be a moron who snipes aerodromes before the 2nd plane wave is out & shot down, and lastly if 3 teammates have already sunk - try to stay alive.

Right now on live I've played it well over 25 times, almost every single one completely solo (a few with 1 division mate and maybe 2...3 with 2 of them) and the worst score I've ever got, despite playing with the typical random potatoes, is 4 stars - someone forgot about one of the 3 previously mentioned "rules".

The operation is so ridiculously easy you could be half asleep while drunk out of your mind playing only with your left foot and still expect to get at least 3 stars. No wonder it is getting farmed for massive amounts of FreeXP, which will inevitably lead to Narais faith of getting removed for a "rework".

And not just the "it's easier now" - with literally no threat to lose it, there's literally no fun left in the operation. Best fun you can have is to agro the Zaos, which basically means you have to go out of your way to find some little bit of it.

These "making it easier" changes were absolutely unnecessary, so what the hell?