You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Duncan_Carrier

report reason

42 comments in this topic

Players
21 posts
5,986 battles

Is there any way of finding out why one is reported?, I personally would like to know if I was in the wrong or some one was miffed at me?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,983 posts
10,373 battles

Nope.

But you can typically give it a good guess and in case of doubt, it was the mouthy douchecanoe raging in chat.

Not that reports do much. Worst that can happen is you get chatbanned when they report you for misbehaviour in chat, everything else is just a loss in Karma which means literally nothing (except that you get a couple more reports/compliments to spend yourself if you have higher Karma).

People give those reports out pretty willy-nilly, so as long as you didn't potato super hard or were a raging explicitives dictionary it's just someone who was butthurt for whatever inane reason they thought was worth blowing their imaginary epeen shrinker at you.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
873 posts
19,396 battles

Would be nice to know if i got reported for big mouth or crap play.

• Cool 2

Players
21 posts
5,986 battles

More often then not yes its a 'keyboard' warrior who knows it all and makes a comment, this time I noticed it returning to 'port' and could not fathom why???? thanks any way..

Players
907 posts
11,126 battles

Well, a quick guide might look like this, maybe. You got...

1 report - You TK'd / You showed exceptionally low combat performance to the point you were a hindrance to the team / You sunk a guy from the enemy team

2 reports - You sunk two guys from the enemy team / You sunk one, but the guy wanted to be sure about it / You did not do what the guy on your team instructed in chat to do after he died in the second minute

3 reports - You cross-dropped a guy who brought hydro instead of defAA

6 reports - You made sure that you thoroughly destroy the enemy division's self-esteem and pride

8 reports - You brought a Kaga into battle

13 or more - You brought a triple Shiratsuyu division into battle

99+ and counting - You insulted :Spee:

Players
21 posts
5,986 battles
1 minute ago, AkosJaccik said:

1 report - You TK'd / You showed exceptionally low combat performance to the point you were a hindrance to the team / You sunk a guy from the enemy team

2 reports - You sunk two guys from the enemy team / You sunk one, but the guy wanted to be sure about it / You did not do what the guy in your team instructed in chat to do after he died in the second minute

6 reports - You made sure that you thoroughly destroy the enemy division's self-esteem and pride

Seems I can't do right for wrong !!!!!

[CG]
Players
57 posts
7,495 battles

I've litterally been reported for capping in a DD in standard battle. Don't sweat it.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
12,878 battles

I don't know about you but my UI (standard game client) seems to fail to show all reports received, i.e. I often lose karma (the few I have) without any notification at all. Anyone else getting reported without proper notification?

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
873 posts
19,396 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

I don't know about you but my UI (standard game client) seems to fail to show all reports received, i.e. I often lose karma (the few I have) without any notification at all. Anyone else getting reported without proper notification?

It shows when u get at least 2 reports. Even game knows that 1 report=compliment.

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
2,430 posts
3,302 battles
3 hours ago, Duncan_Carrier said:

Is there any way of finding out why one is reported?, I personally would like to know if I was in the wrong or some one was miffed at me?

Can't even see who did it, let alone why. Although nine times out of ten you should have some idea..

[NWP]
Players
1,987 posts
12,904 battles
7 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

2 reports - You sunk two guys from the enemy team / You sunk one, but the guy wanted to be sure about it / You did not do what the guy on your team instructed in chat to do after he died in the second minute

Don't forget playing Belfast in division, or player a tripple BB division at tier X or playing the true Monqueror ( hiding all the time spamming HE )….

I would like to know as well: who reported me and why. Cause sometimes you get reported for no reason?

Players
2,455 posts
28 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Don't forget playing Belfast in division, or player a tripple BB division at tier X or playing the true Monqueror ( hiding all the time spamming HE )….

I would like to know as well: who reported me and why. Cause sometimes you get reported for no reason?

Don't forget :-

apparent kill stealing,

not smoking up at the beginning of a battle on demand by a BB in spawn

shooting at an enemy CV even though being ordered not to by your CV for torp reasons (one from yesterday) 

It is not even worth reporting these (very red) players back as you know they are already on zero. :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
92 posts
8,131 battles
8 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

It is a beta tester thing:  I consider it a privilege not to be bothered with trivial things like who reported me for whatever reason.:cap_cool:

(karma is a [edited] dont you think ? It always floats down to 0 anyway,  either for being a very good/bad player or because  some unknown reporter had a bad day).

Technically, it must be the karma/reporting system was not completely programmed into the beta-tester client back in the days, and it was no priority to add/change it later on, in the original beta-tester client software.:cap_look:

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,675 posts
15,336 battles
9 hours ago, LiKwId said:

I've litterally been reported for capping in a DD in standard battle. Don't sweat it.

Heey! happened tro me once also. We won by capping but the team had wanted to "kill them all" - Nevermind that we only had a couple of minutes  left and no-one had any idea of where the enemy actually DD was (not to mention that I just could not see How a Kaiser and a New York might magically catch up to one - Presumably heading for our base)... Hehe, it happens. :Smile_teethhappy:

[NOCAP]
Players
1,538 posts
15,496 battles
10 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

Even if you dump all 11 reports on one player, only one is counted. All you did is waste 10 reports. It's better to spread your love.

Same for compliments.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,252 posts
7,272 battles
9 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Even if you dump all 11 reports on one player, only one is counted.

are you sure about that ? considering karma (+1/-1) its correct, but I am convinced that it counts towards some internal counters for afking, botting etc also

i mean using reports for all of the possibilities, not 5x report for bad play

39_03.png

[NOCAP]
Players
1,538 posts
15,496 battles

@von_chom

I was referring to karma going up and down. I believe the different report options only exist to give you a good feeling, a way to vent. I don't think they do anything (aside from the chat ban one). There is an automated system that detects AFK players and paints them pink or orange so there is no need to rely on players' reports any more. I can only guess, who knows how it really works. I wouldn't be surprised if WG don't know it themselves. Or they just can't be arsed to edit the report options.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,575 battles

The whole reporting and complimenting system is failed and needs reform.  The reports have no effect meaning that player behaviour in chat is still atrocious.  Just yesterday someone wished cancer on my whole family - really nice.  Equally the complimenting system has no obvious effect apart from maybe making you feel better about yourself for a while by being a nice guy.

WG talks a lot about improving player behaviour for the benefit of all and it would be interesting to know if anyone has experience of being restricted to Coop battles since the new patch as a result of poor behaviour?

[DREAD]
Players
421 posts

So far i have witnessed in streams, by streamers:

Report vor having a 10+ captain in a CV (while playing with a Nikolai)

Report for playing in GZ, Enterprise, Kaga, Saipan...

And other things... but never for the intended reasons. What a shitty, abusable system.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,252 posts
7,272 battles
39 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Equally the complimenting system has no obvious effect apart from maybe making you feel better about yourself for a while by being a nice guy.

high karma was rewarded on CCCP server

however we are not worth it obvisously

[ONE2]
Players
2,675 posts
15,336 battles

I once got reported by a charging enemy Bismarck player for quite unsportingly and cowardly torp'ing him while hiding in smoke just 4km away. He apparently had not heard of a Hydro yet and besides, who could guess there might be an enemy DD in a smoke - Who does that kinda thing anyway?:Smile_teethhappy:

I admit the charge. :Smile_sceptic:

[NED]
Players
1,695 posts
6,405 battles

Karma should be scrapped until wg actually makes it work without the abundant abuse.

Last 10 points i lost where all BS so why even have such a poor system in place at all ?

[ONE2]
Players
2,675 posts
15,336 battles
3 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Karma should be scrapped until wg actually makes it work without the abundant abuse.

Last 10 points i lost where all BS so why even have such a poor system in place at all ?

AWW, don't be like that friend. I suddenly gained 11 points last weekend without doing anything awesome at all (really, I have absolutely NO idea why). So it's all good now. Of course, it may all change soon, once I start losing them again. Hehehe! :Smile_Default:

[FDUSH]
Players
1,196 posts
6,787 battles

For some reason the message of "you were reported" doesn't appears anymore, despite knowing that I was (ingame moron complaining and also a drop of a point in my karma system). However I do get the message of "you were complimented".

[CU]
Players
313 posts
3,478 battles

Lets see:

• Reported for firing at a DD hiding in smoke, broadside on, island behind him, not moving and hitting him a few times. Apparently that's hacking.
  • Reported for not smoking up another team mate, in my heal Khaba.
  • Reported for not smoking up a team mate 15km behind me, when I'm contesting cap, he also called me out for not spotting despite the fact I was in cap not using my smoke screen with 4 reds clearly shown in front of me.
  • Reported for torping from smoke and sinking a BB as my torps couldn't reload that quickly. I had sent one set earlier and saved the second set for when he got closer.
  • Reported for shooting over an island and not getting spotted.
  • Ooh, and my favourite one, reported by my own team for not pushing into a cap with a Missouri and DM sat in it, with my Fletcher on 3k health.

I could keep going but you get the general idea. I have long given up caring about my karma when idiots like that exist.

• Cool 1