You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Up_The_Donald

Players with hidden stats

31 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
122 posts
7,606 battles

Anyone noticed the positive correlation between players with hidden stats and players who whine, can't play and then get super salty when they die in the first few minutes?  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4

Players
753 posts
3,168 battles

Nothing wrong with hiding your stats. Heck I've only just made mine viewable and even then im not happy with them. 

• Cool 1

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Can't say I have OP. I might see stathiders to be taken less serious on the Forum though.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,623 posts
9,647 battles

because lots of people are now using matchmaking monitor i've seen many more people hiding their stats...

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,460 posts
11,423 battles
31 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Anyone noticed the positive correlation between players with hidden stats and players who whine, can't play and then get super salty when they die in the first few minutes?  

There are so many whiners without hidden stats and so many people with hidden stats who don't whine that there doesn't seem to be any obvious correlation. If there is one, we would need much better data sources and much more precise statistical analysis to discern such correlation. With the data we have and the scientific precision of "have you guys noticed" level, actually "noticing" this correlation is just baseless whining about people's hidden stats, nothing more.

• Cool 3

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Hiding stats is like trying to hide your feet fetish: since everything becomes pretty apparent during, uh, playtime - what's the point?

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,589 posts
13,507 battles

I have had hidden stats before. Sometimes it feels like some CV players use that stat checking thingy and specifically goes after you all freaking game. But used to it, so no point hiding. 

• Cool 1

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
6,965 battles

Don't forget the *edit   who whine because other people hide their stats.

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SPAM-]
Players
11,105 posts
7,603 battles

Hidden stats = Good player ? 90% of the time ? NUSFQTB.png

1529956132-dogue-i-want-to-believe.jpg

• Funny 3

Weekend Tester
612 posts

I honestly don't understand why ppl look for stats ingame.

Can you not see how they are playing. What will stats prove for a single match ?

• Cool 1

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles

I say, hide your stuff in plain view and people will never find it. I'm smart that way :cap_cool:...

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,694 battles
3 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

I have had hidden stats before. Sometimes it feels like some CV players use that stat checking thingy and specifically goes after you all freaking game. But used to it, so no point hiding. 

Imagination. In fact, especially at the start of the game, a good CV palyer would rather take out the bad players first because it's easier to kill them and means your teammates have less targets to shoot at, naturally focusing the better players left.

A really good player doesn't use MM monitor at all because it can only negatively impact his decisionmaking.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,589 posts
13,507 battles
53 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Imagination. In fact, especially at the start of the game, a good CV palyer would rather take out the bad players first because it's easier to kill them and means your teammates have less targets to shoot at, naturally focusing the better players left.

A really good player doesn't use MM monitor at all because it can only negatively impact his decisionmaking.

I'm sure it is. Although it sure as hell felt like it for a while. Still does. Even when i play ships like the DM. (Do not mind CV's going for me at all then). 

Players
753 posts
3,168 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Who cares what Stat Rankers think?

Indeed. Have to be honest I don't really give a dam about stats. They just take the fun out of life.

• Cool 2

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Just came back from my vacation and the first thing I see is such a topic... Makes me want to leave again. :Smile_hiding:

5 hours ago, Salentine said:

because lots of people are now using matchmaking monitor i've seen many more people hiding their stats...

So... Those cursed things have finally found their way to WoWS?

This is exactely the reason, why I hid my stats from day one on. Let those using this program believe only bad players hide their stats. Time will come when they recognize their errors.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles
6 hours ago, Up_The_Donald said:

So you are on your way to become the forum a.....e?

Well you made another big step forward!

• Boring 2

[PVE-D]
Players
147 posts
6,987 battles

Just had it today in thew Newport operation. Was playing CV. A Gaede pops within the first 2 minutes and a Leander drives full speed straight into 5 torps because WASD is haxx and torps are always unavoidable.

Obviously we cant hold the line until 10:00 so the Hiryuu spawns with her what feels like 20 squadrons. My Indi has one fighter squad, which was busy 24/7 and even running out of ammo twice.

A Fuso somehow survives some of those enemy planes that came through and starts shouting what a *edit CV player *edit " etc "for no air support". Hidden stats player.

After the game I message him wtf that was about. He actually has the guts to tell me that with 3 fighter squads he never had any problems with fighters coming through.

So glad that this hidden stats player knows how to help his team by not doing any significant damage by using an AS setup and for not knowing either that Indi has only 1 squad each.

But I'm glad that apparently other teams could carry him.

Another game was a Mutsu, died in the 2nd wave (srsly HOW?). Hidden stats.

Gallant, died in the first wave. Hidden stats.

De Grasse, also dies in the second wave. Hidden stats as well.

Could go on for ages here, especially DD players. Why do they bring a DD to T6 ops (even though there are like 10 people who know how to do it well).

And usually it's exactly those people who dont know shet about the game but somehow made it to T6. With hidden stats. Not that it would be any better or worse than someone with 8.000 battles and a winrate of 32%...

As for me, hidden stats means not only a bad player, but a bad enough player to hide their stats.

There are obviously exceptions, but from what I see, this is the majority. Unfortunately.

Edited by Mlddim
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
2 minutes ago, Yanayuki said:

Another game was a Mutsu, died in the 2nd wave (srsly HOW?). Hidden stats.

Gallant, died in the first wave. Hidden stats.

De Grasse, also dies in the second wave. Hidden stats as well.

Could go on for ages here, especially DD players. Why do they bring a DD to T6 ops (even though there are like 10 people who know how to do it well).

And usually it's exactly those people who dont know shet about the game but somehow made it to T6. With hidden stats. Not that it would be any better or worse than someone with 8.000 battles and a winrate of 32%.

Are you familiar with the sharpshooter fallacy? Because your "reasoning" looks like a perfect example. Besides that it is only anecdotal anyway.

How many of the players doing the stuff above DON'T have their stats hidden.

And on the other hand, how many of the players you meet and have hidden stats do ok to very well (and might just have a bad game)? Don't tell me you check every player you meet and actually keep an unbiased record (i.e. you not only keep the "rotten cherries" in mind").

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
14,133 battles

Over the years I've seen many thundercunts and simpletons with both hidden and public statistics. There is really no correlation to it. I mean think about it, a buffoon that trash-talks his team every game, has no idea how to push with a BB or contest caps properly with DD actually is going to figure out how to use his profile settings to hide his statistics? I think that's asking too much of it. 

• Funny 1

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,259 battles
2 hours ago, OttoZander said:

Over the years I've seen many thundercunts and simpletons with both hidden and public statistics. There is really no correlation to it. I mean think about it, a buffoon that trash-talks his team every game, has no idea how to push with a BB or contest caps properly with DD actually is going to figure out how to use his profile settings to hide his statistics? I think that's asking too much of it. 

Worst simpletons cant like the sub 38% win and 35k avrage dmf haku i have enjoy of having in my team.

Below avrage players will hide theyr stats much more than better than avrage players. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
594 posts
4,051 battles

90% of people not showing their statistics, are usually below average.

Feel free to check mine all you want, and maybe you don't notice my amazing w/r in the Warspite.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2