Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Test radar jammers on RN DDs not one more gimicky hydro

28 comments in this topic

Players
907 posts
11,126 battles

I will put this wonderful thread into favs and will resurrect it when WG for once trolls back Boris and legitimately adds this kind of stuff.

I mean, they already said something along the line "we are thinking about radar counters" if I recall correctly.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,129 posts

The only radar (and hydro)-counter that's needed is that it works with an LoS-model, so not through islands. No gimmicks like chaff, cloaking devices or plumes of metallic cristals.

• Cool 2

Players
2,458 posts
15,503 battles

Ya know what, I really think they might swap out hydro for a jammer consumable at the last minute.

Without fully testing it obviously...

• Cool 3

Modder
1,671 posts
3,558 battles

radar jammer is nonsense, just dont let the radar go through islands and you have the much needed nerf and skill cap

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,205 posts
14,969 battles

Stepping up your game, I see.

Not sure if this is enough to put you in for a Skybuck tho considering the competition these days.

• Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,993 posts
10,374 battles
7 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Ya know what, I really think they might swap out hydro for a jammer consumable at the last minute.

Without fully testing it obviously...

No no, because testing will show the torpedoes aren't that great and the community is angry at another smoke+hydro combo, WG will instead change the hydro to torpedo reload booster ... after the last public testing round and then straight going on to live server!

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,480 posts
6,694 battles
1 hour ago, puxflacet said:

radar jammer is nonsense, just dont let the radar go through islands and you have the much needed nerf and skill cap

Exactly this....I think the single launch torps are unique enough to distinguish the british destroyers from the rest

Players
187 posts
2,673 battles

I would prefer to have islands blocking radar first,  and only then develop radar countermeasures, if at all.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,657 battles

Oh please just apply the LoS mechanics to Radar so it doesn't work through islands. It would be a relatively quick and easy change to implement, and it would mean Radar has an effective yet simple counter. All that is required is a bit of skill from players to understand this.

Please @MrConway @Crysantos pass on this simple yet effective request to the dev team.

• Cool 1

Players
1,771 posts
11,691 battles
54 minutes ago, Pametrada said:

I would prefer to have islands blocking radar first,  and only then develop radar countermeasures, if at all.

WG have already stated that having radar blocked by LoS is too complicated for the average player to understand.

Which is something of an oxymoron considering the detection system. WG, never change.

My money is on a radar counter consumable either globally distributed on RN dds or testet on one of the Tribals.

• Cool 1

Players
187 posts
2,673 battles
14 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

WG have already stated that having radar blocked by LoS is too complicated for the average player to understand.

Well, all I can say is that I'm a below-average player, and I understand the principle perfectly. Eyesight won't penetrate rocks - radar won't penetrate rocks. Simple pimple. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
780 posts
11,866 battles

For better or for worse, give them incindiary torpedoes that would cause both fires and flooding, since, well, thats RN BB gimmick

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Not sure if this is enough to put you in for a Skybuck tho considering the competition these days.

nah.. skybuck had his wall of text... boris has too simple propositions...

• Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles

21 minutes ago, robihr said:

nah.. skybuck had his wall of text... boris has too simple propositions...

Boris is also very much self-aware.
Skybuck was just....Skybuck.

Involuntary memelord extraordinaire.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,785 battles

You need to do one where you are the best CV player ever (but cant counter a division) and everyone else is worst unless they support you, until they don't.

• Funny 2

Players
767 posts
8,212 battles
6 hours ago, puxflacet said:

... or balance it by letting torps sail under islands.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Players
3,037 posts
8,122 battles
6 hours ago, Phlogistoned said:

... or balance it by letting torps sail under islands.

Ive had that once ... sadly no replay.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,479 battles

Okay, so. When you have torpedoes selected a template appears around you showing where your launchers can aim, right? And It can indicate when islands block the path of a torpedo.

Why don't they use this same feature and create an opaque circle all around the ship while Radar is active, so you can tell where it is detecting and not? Make it like orange or something to distinguish it from the torpedo template when they overlap.

Surely that would make LoS radar a lot easier to understand if complexity is WGs concern? And I doubt it would be too difficult to develop since it reuses an existing bit of programming.

[UNICS]
Players
1,246 posts
15,808 battles
15 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

He wil never be a skybuck , you need < 50% wr and 10 Frames per second for that

[NWP]
Players
1,987 posts
12,904 battles

You have to admire the effort put into this topic. Stating you do not want a gimicky hydro, and then asking for a gimicky anti-radar thing.

Too much effort now that I think of it. Skybuck was never this self-aware during his trolling.

Keep trying Boris, you'll get there one day.

Players
104 posts
6,547 battles
13 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Which is something of an oxymoron considering the detection system. WG, never change.

My money is on a radar counter consumable either globally distributed on RN dds or testet on one of the Tribals.

The next WG title should be: World of WarTrains, since WASD proven too complicated for the average player to understand. Nerf the damn keyboard!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,657 battles
13 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Boris is also very much self-aware.
Skybuck was just....Skybuck.

Involuntary memelord extraordinaire.

Boris is lacking Skybucks conspiracy theories. 

Sign in to follow this