Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yaskaraxx

Doing some real crazy & insane risky stuff for tactics, why not?

50 comments in this topic

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles

Why not change yr tactics from time to time to "doing real crazy stuff, close to insane risk-takings" from time to time? So much FUN!! At those times  yr not predictable in any way by enemy ships & yr certainly not afraid to be sunk or so, makes ya even 4x more dangerous(!!!) for enemy ships: so, rush say towards a Mighty Texas with yr fast T5 DD speed boost&all, and try ta torp it up close, fun! Big chance that Texas blows you right out of the water(!!), but sometimes, & with bits of luck yr succesful (kind of: "yr not supposed to take such insane risks, yr not supposed to be so unpredictable, that's insane tactics! they say! Then you answer: "but yr the one that's dead/sunk, remember!!!"...fun,, makes em crazy, lol. This kind of "taking almost insane risks, not fearing to be sunk, just going for yr goal, trust on yr luck & depend on yr intuition can at times be VERY rewarding (& besides that: it's also incredible entertaining! Real Fun!)

From time to time, enjoying a good smoke & enjoying a nice drink I think by myself: "Yeah, lets go for the insane tactics now, that I like, make enemy crazy! lol" Like it, and from time to time I KEEP DOING that crazy stuff! For plain FUN! Tell me: WHY NOT???????

Just my opinion, now let us have yours!:cap_rambo::cap_cool::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_cool::cap_look::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:....YEAH!....:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,163 posts
14,968 battles

Because selfishly playing for "fun" in a team game is douchebaggery of the highest level.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
4,906 posts
6,049 battles
2 hours ago, Yaskaraxx said:

Tell me: WHY NOT???????

Because by playing like an utter moron, in your example, 4 times out of 5 you just robbed your team of a ship. This isn't some solo free for all, it is actually a team game where the least everyone can do is try to maximise the impact they have towards victory. The only time where near suicidal risk taking has any place in this game is basically if the game is going South hard and this approach is the sole actual chance of victory or you are about to die anyway.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,983 posts
10,373 battles

WoWs for Potatoes

Chapter #1: How to throw your ship away 101.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles

As to my #1 comment, to be somewhat more specific: don't  do such in Ranks, Clan Battles (...I was never a member of any Clan, but I guess they would kick ya out of the team very quickly anyway, lol) and hightiers (=tiers 8 -10) battles (unless battle 100% sure lost anyway, so ya can play all or nothing, play it to yr likings). No, I was more referring to tiers 4 u/i 6 battles. And I certainly don't meant some meathead-ships-suicide-run/rush right from the start (= that would be NO fun and NO entertainment at all, just giving yr ship away; "Go Resting With The Fishes, Next To Luca Brasi" re the legendary 1st Godfather movie, lol).

I meant: going in a battle as a real "mean-machine"...totally unpredictable ( with a real mindset for doing real insane crazy risky stuff for tactics)...waiting and recognizing the very exact moment when and where your "Insane Crazy Tactics Moment(s)" will present itself (..and it ALLWAYS wil!); recognize it, use yr hunter-instincts (intuition, human-survival-instincs), look what PREY is doing (are ya detected ??....), look how PREY-SHIP gunzzzzzz are positioned (takes time to rotate them)...can ya use an island to close distance somewhat more?....& wait for the perfect moment to strike/attack; some, say, 30%-40% chance for succes is good enough for me, so we are talking realy "insane high risks taking tactics". In practice some 50% pays off and realy benefits yr team greatly(!!)..gives team an enormeous mental boost! And you also face moments when the enemy PREY-SHIP destroys ya, beats you down easily as some kind of nasty bug, lol. So, re my #1 comment: makes the adrenaline rush, FUN and entertaining. Anyway, tiers 4-6 lots of players experimenting there with ships anyway, so this all fits in perfectly well in the learning process (meaning: kind of win-win-situation for all involved).

Players
4,906 posts
6,049 battles

I wouldn't even go for intentionally silly play in T4-6. Only at T3 and lower you likely find the kind of mess that makes it a free for all, everything goes.

As for seizing an opportune moment to make a more daring, but still calculated play... you can do that till T10. Just, you need to really know what you are doing and have made the proper risk assessment, but it can be quite valuable when you can pull it off. That's not dumb suicide rushes, normally also not being crazy just for the sake of being crazy. Typically, it should be a play for the sake of maximising your team's chances of victory, doing something the enemy didn't foresee is just added bonus. For example, using German BB hydro to actually go on the offensive against DDs at caps and take the cap off them. If I notice an enemy DD doesn't enjoy too much support, you can really ruin their day and there are enough people who wouldn't expect a BB to be this aggressive. But that follows a proper analysis and accounting for potential risks and alternatives and relies on me knowing how the ship handles and what I can expect. And typically, if you didn't miscalculate, it isn't hard to pull that off, because even if you eat a torp, a dead DD and a secured cap is worth the sacrifice. 40% odds aren't worth it, if you don't have to.

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles

Going for doing some calculated-high-risky-play, from time to time, I mean, for instance: inspired by Tokyo Rose started playing my Shimakaze again; have several 19 points capts for IJN destroyers available, I thought: well, lets take one of my spare (reserve) captains for doing experimenting with settings, going to play it far more the risky way (playing on knife-edge). So, I came up with following highly experimental build:

1)PM

2)TA + LS

3)TAE + SI

4)RL +CE

Fcaus played with Type93 Mod 3 Torps; now at 72 knots(!) range 9,6 km; detect 1,7km; damage 23.767

Upgrades: unchanged, thus the standard ones; when I have accumulated enough coal I will ad Engine Boost as special upgrade for extra speed.

Experimenting some alternative high-risk playstyle, I play it like: fast; only launching towards enemy ships closing in (comin towards you); IJN torps most times cause flooding which enemy ship has to stop by using Damage Control Party..so…wait a bit and try “to give em a nice light afterwards!” lol (with or without smoke, anyway, IJN destroyers set fires relatively easily).

Having very nice (even surprisingly nice) results with it(!) Nice tense play, good adrenaline rushes, lol, sharp/fast play, and some luck is always welcome. Torp-speed often taking the enemy by surprise, including enemy destroyers, yeah, they see yr torps coming…but…do they have enough time to avoid them?!..often not ..since those torps are kind of NASTY FAST, lol

Last battle tier9 + t10 ships in it, I ended 1st place credits 389.703; XP 5082 and 1x enemy ship sunk, capping etc, did well. Was nice battle.

……..dont forget…re enemy radarcruisers, just let them chase you, fool them around (Cat&Mouse-play), fun…listening some Tokyo Rose sounds lifts yr Born Survival Skills to immense hights:

Golden Earring - Radar love + Lyrics

Don’t forget, advice(!): only experiment this way when you have a 19-points-capt in spare (reserve), since this is not the best build for Shimakaze! This to avoid any re-setting of skills. So, play wisely!

image.jpeg.536003ff98007e37f7280600986136a4.jpeg

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles

See my comment #8.......I mean, it’s all about “the right state of mind” required for steering a fearsome Shimakaze in daring & succesfull ways

……and see, this nice person below pictured, is still asking himself: “WHY did I fail to become a succesfull 19-skill-points Shimakaze captain in WoWS??????

image.jpeg.a73becd16a1ae1cb258fe578aa5d7190.jpeg

…..aghhh….I guess he will never come to realy understand the reasons for that….:cap_wander_2:

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles

See my comment #8

I mean, compare it to a Minotaur(X) played with radar instead of smoke (though smoke = best), from time to time I encounter several excellent Mino players fooling destroyers around (taking them by surprise) by using radar i.s.o. smoke, those tricky b#s@!?%s, lol

Kind of same thinking whereas Shima is concerned, meaning: when having 2 separate 19-skill-points-capains available for it, WHY not doing some experimenting? Can tell you: it really provides lots of new experiences + lots of fun AND often very, very good results. After all, Shimakaze is a very fast and high concealment destroyer (5.6 km detection!)

So, having 2 captains for it, I actually can play the fearsome Shima in 4 different ways: 2x with my main captain (having standard build) AND 2x with my 2e captain (having the hyper-aggressive build).

Build with 9,6 km + 72 knots torps (detection 1.7 km) I already played several battles with, is doing real fine, high torp speed 72 knots does good hits and proved to surprise enemy ships (=incl. destroyers!) consistently and effectively.

Actually, made me wonder: I always preferred playing  my LoYang (VIII)..excellent ship, btw!.....with the 6,7 km range torps. So, what would happen if I from time to time would play my fast +low detection Shima with 6,4 km range torps having 81 knots(!!) and detection 1,8 km? Fun, I really am looking forward to try this out soon! One thing for sure: can only use such immense fast torps when surprise-rounding isles and when enemy ships headed towards you, well, lets see, fun!

So, having 1x Shima, which I actually can play in 4 different ways (depends on what I prefer at  some point in time). FUN!...so…from time to time I play play the fearsome Shima kind of this way:

image.jpeg.ac3f61cc4838f45c313acc30848cdb2f.jpeg

Kill Bill Theme

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles
7 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Even for some Yolo playstyle on Shima, extra hp or extra reload is better than one more smoke.

Dunno, could well be yr right. Anyway, of greatest importance is having, possessing "the right Mindset" when performing high-risk-play during battles. Below clip (YT) kind of perfectly illustrates what I mean to say:

For a few dollars more - smoker scene

(...recognize it?....great one that is, that clip, no doubt you agree!)

Players
2,825 posts
3,145 battles
On 25-6-2018 at 6:36 AM, Yaskaraxx said:

From time to time, enjoying a good smoke & enjoying a nice drink I think by myself: "Yeah, lets go for the insane tactics now, that I like, make enemy crazy! lol" Like it, and from time to time I KEEP DOING that crazy stuff! For plain FUN! Tell me: WHY NOT???????

Oh I do that a lot, but usually with the whole team or at least half of it. Examples:

- Steamrollering right through the channel on the Two-Brothers map (we won);

- All DDs & CLs go left, all BB's go right (we won that too);

- Everybody Lemming train race straight through the middle, on a 2-bases domination map (didn't end that well LOL);

- ORGANISED lemming train from C via B to A, works surprisingly well though. 

This sort of 'organised madness' sometimes works surprisingly well.

And then there is such stuff that you should not do with a BB (which I usually do at least once  per 'session'):

- cap base in a BB;

- attack a capping DD head on (works very well on DDs with long reload that just wasted their torps);

- try murder a BB that is 2 tiers higher and not care (which works well, as they do not expect it);

- shoot at a DD that is capping at least 10km away (I hit it too, usually 3 hits and they're dead);

- Search and destroy the enemy CV (in a New York... OK it just happened like that somehow).

....sometimes I find out that the ones that I was supporting have actually buggered off but I guess that is more the usual. 

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles

This "species of high-(calculated)-risk-takers in battle are there, indeed & I often watch them in battle (when I myself am sunk, I watch) and seeing lots of very experienced Shima players doing "close to insane stuff"(!!)...they realy make the difference & can make the outcome of the battles "a -winning-one". Seems those experienced players take calculated risks & make things happen: kind of they create their OWN REALITY (based on circumstances at hand, thus tactics + strategics, combined, one view). I like watching those guys and after battle they end-up 1-2-3rd place (how much damage done? must be close to 200K with Shima. I kind of realy got an honest respect for those guys (or woman-capt some of them?..could very well be). If we gonna name "Way-Of-The-Katana"...for sure those players show it! If it would be up to me I would suggest a special flag for such great Shima captains: "TWO CROSSED KATANA'S...on RED VELVET BACKGROUND would do very fine & deservedly!

image.thumb.jpeg.b4278d68c110cfe3cb01392de80640e8.jpeg

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles
I myself allways did ok with the mighty Shimakaze when I consider entertainment + fun and results (= meaning sometimes real good battles and also the many low performance battles). I never succeeded to HIGHLY PERFORM with Shima consistently. Great ship Shima is(!!)..my honest opinion..go for it when you are not afraid to take high (calculated) risks)...playing Shima is kind of: ones personal character (rl-char) must be compatible with Shima...meaning Shimakaze must suit ya to make it excel, accellerate to real very high performance, consistently . Anyway, real great ship that is, no doubt there.

What I mean to say with my previous post is: there are players out there(!)...the very, very best at playing the Shimakaze: they do consistently perform very great (for them, it seems launching torps is ONLY first thing/stage of their attack...they anticipate what an enemy ship is gonna do very excellently...and they launch their last salvo of torps purely based on their anticipation of "future" enemy ship manoevrings. Seems those "best of the best" are consistently great at doing so(!!)

So, why don't grant such excellent players with a special "Crossed Katana's Flag"...as being a deserved reward for their great performances! In short": some best of the best players" consistently showing great play ----> reward them with a special Flag (they sure deserve it..they show the way to others to follow!)

(NB: I myself am NOT one of the very, very best Shima players, no, no, I am just somewhat above average...so...regard my comment as purely objective and as a real tribute to THE VERY BEST SHIMA CAPTAINS OUT THERE):cap_popcorn:

image.thumb.jpeg.9b3229844c1394bc147a797a191ca437.jpeg

Players
612 posts
5,971 battles
On 25/06/2018 at 5:36 AM, Yaskaraxx said:

Why not change yr tactics from time to time to "doing real crazy stuff, close to insane risk-takings" from time to time? So much FUN!! At those times  yr not predictable in any way by enemy ships & yr certainly not afraid to be sunk or so, makes ya even 4x more dangerous(!!!) for enemy ships: so, rush say towards a Mighty Texas with yr fast T5 DD speed boost&all, and try ta torp it up close, fun! Big chance that Texas blows you right out of the water(!!), but sometimes, & with bits of luck yr succesful (kind of: "yr not supposed to take such insane risks, yr not supposed to be so unpredictable, that's insane tactics! they say! Then you answer: "but yr the one that's dead/sunk, remember!!!"...fun,, makes em crazy, lol. This kind of "taking almost insane risks, not fearing to be sunk, just going for yr goal, trust on yr luck & depend on yr intuition can at times be VERY rewarding (& besides that: it's also incredible entertaining! Real Fun!)

Just my opinion, now let us have yours!:cap_rambo::cap_cool::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_cool::cap_look::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:....YEAH!....:cap_popcorn:

5:57 - 7:20. There's your answer

• Cool 1

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles
Hi, and yes: it's always real entertaining + instructive to watch battles played by Flamu/Notser/Flambass/Panzerknacker, real great players you prove to be, no doubt. Always nice to watch you guys.

And about yr vid: omg, what an incredible bad team you were fighting there??? And at rank-level ca 5(????) Surprising. And what was enemy Yamato thinking he was doing? And seems ConQ didn't even shoot at you?? lollol

I myself usually play till rank 10 or 8 and then stop, = ok with me. Battle vid ya showed, well, I certainly would not like to be a member of that loosing team (to think of it, omg). Yr team won that battle 6-1 and remaining enemy  ConQ was still searching for his left-mouse-button?...he could have trown rocks instead(??), I mean "do something"??? lol

Anyway, what enemy team did there was certainly not calculated-risk-taking-play (=playing and balancing on knife-edge). So, that's certainly not what this thread is all about. ths for sharing the vid.

image.thumb.jpeg.5de6d5bfcda89b86e58fcaba9b9cceab.jpeg
  • Bad 1

Players
612 posts
5,971 battles
On 12/09/2018 at 5:11 AM, Yaskaraxx said:
Hi, and yes: it's always real entertaining + instructive to watch battles played by Flamu/Notser/Flambass/Panzerknacker, real great players you prove to be, no doubt. Always nice to watch you guys.

And about yr vid: omg, what an incredible bad team you were fighting there??? And at rank-level ca 5(????) Surprising. And what was enemy Yamato thinking he was doing? And seems ConQ didn't even shoot at you?? lollol

I myself usually play till rank 10 or 8 and then stop, = ok with me. Battle vid ya showed, well, I certainly would not like to be a member of that loosing team (to think of it, omg). Yr team won that battle 6-1 and remaining enemy  ConQ was still searching for his left-mouse-button?...he could have trown rocks instead(??), I mean "do something"??? lol

Anyway, what enemy team did there was certainly not calculated-risk-taking-play (=playing and balancing on knife-edge). So, that's certainly not what this thread is all about. ths for sharing the vid.

image.thumb.jpeg.5de6d5bfcda89b86e58fcaba9b9cceab.jpeg

I think you got up to early and are confused.
The video posted is not mine, I wasn't playing in it.
I highlighted the minutes you need to listen to.

To summarise those minutes;

Dont do "doing real crazy stuff, close to insane risk-takings from time to time"

It's been done before and doesn't work, which is why no one does "doing real crazy stuff, close to insane risk-takings from time to time"

Because it's crazy/insane/stupid and doesn't work often enough to work.

Please, go to the video and watch/listen to minutes 5:57 - 7:20

• Cool 1

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles
19 hours ago, DB2212 said:

I think you got up to early and are confused.

?????? confused you say???...I don't understand...WHAT has this (vid etc.) to do with the contents of this Topic??????...., so I better "give ya the Duck"again!....

image.thumb.jpeg.d4479b7d08d233cfd20bc0366573ccdf.jpeg

...CAN YA SHOOT THAT DUCK, BOY????..When you shoot it ya can have it as a meal(!!!)...but first thing for you to do:...CAN YA SHOOT THE DUCK???? ...CAN YA???? (...or are you "confused" lol)....keep it simple & easy: NO DUCK SHOOTING = NO MEAL!!!!...now: CAN YA SHOOT THE DUCK???...simple question...????

• Bad 1

Players
612 posts
5,971 battles
On 15/09/2018 at 8:57 PM, Yaskaraxx said:

?????? confused you say???...I don't understand...WHAT has this (vid etc.) to do with the contents of this Topic??????...., so I better "give ya the Duck"again!....

image.thumb.jpeg.d4479b7d08d233cfd20bc0366573ccdf.jpeg

...CAN YA SHOOT THAT DUCK, BOY????..When you shoot it ya can have it as a meal(!!!)...but first thing for you to do:...CAN YA SHOOT THE DUCK???? ...CAN YA???? (...or are you "confused" lol)....keep it simple & easy: NO DUCK SHOOTING = NO MEAL!!!!...now: CAN YA SHOOT THE DUCK???...simple question...????

Did you get confussed when you got up too early and then decided to take alcohol or other mind altering substances?

Go to the video and watch between the times quoted. Those minutes directly answer the question you asked in your first post.

• Cool 1

Players
1,543 posts
4,075 battles
15 hours ago, DB2212 said:

Did you get confussed when you got up too early and then decided to take alcohol or other mind altering substances?

Go to the video and watch between the times quoted. Those minutes directly answer the question you asked in your first post.

I think this guy believes he's some kind of super-hilarious troll, but in reality he isn't. He's just a sad, unfunny fool.

There's this other thread where he occasionally posts incoherent arguments and other times he posts a picture of an old lady and starts treating everyone as if he's more mature. He pretends the incoherent stuff is from his little brother and the stuff with the old lady are from his grandmother. It's so sad it's not even funny.:cap_old:

Oh, and he seems to have a problem with embedded Youtube videos...something about not clicking on links on webpages. It's the dumbest excuse you could imagine.

• Cool 3

Players
612 posts
5,971 battles
10 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

I think this guy believes he's some kind of super-hilarious troll, but in reality he isn't. He's just a sad, unfunny fool.

There's this other thread where he occasionally posts incoherent arguments and other times he posts a picture of an old lady and starts treating everyone as if he's more mature. He pretends the incoherent stuff is from his little brother and the stuff with the old lady are from his grandmother. It's so sad it's not even funny.:cap_old:

Oh, and he seems to have a problem with embedded Youtube videos...something about not clicking on links on webpages. It's the dumbest excuse you could imagine.

So, he has a thing for duck's arses and old ladys?

I'm guessing he's 13

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
993 posts
21,945 battles
...see what's happenin here? me making a real honest tribute to the few real creative and heroic Shima captains out there (...see..Shima atm is most difficult T10 destroyer to play nowadays, though, some very, very highly reallife skilled players succeed doing consistently (!!) incredibly good with the Shima = fact!)...so...why not honor such players with a special "Crossed Katana Flag": Shimakaze is an excellent destroyer, BUT, reallife-skill-level to do extremely well with Shima is getting very, very high

So, real fact-based constructive comment me made there...and then all kinds of dangerous creatures popping-up from deep below oceans surface and ya find yrself in kind of situations, kind of this??!! :

image.jpeg.9954fe3ebddc9ddc68abd2af18c829d5.jpeg

...seems to me placing contructive comments on OFF-TOPIC-FORUM nodays = 10 times more dangerous than even,say, playing a RANK battle with Flamu+Notser+Flambass+Pantserknacker all in enemy team!!!!....aggghhh....:cap_wander_2:
  • Boring 1

Players
22 posts
1,864 battles
On 6/25/2018 at 8:56 AM, El2aZeR said:

Because selfishly playing for "fun" in a team game is douchebaggery of the highest level.

Most people play games for fun. 

Playing games for...whatever it is you play for is even more of a douchebaggery.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this