Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bratwurst_Bob

Green bar over Compass; purpose please?

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
175 posts
5,919 battles

I can't find any information in the F1 screen or anywhere else, so this should be made more transparent to players I'd suggest. Meanwhile, can someone please tell me? Thanks in advance,

green_bar.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,877 posts
10,556 battles

When in a battle, press n and you'll see what the green bar is for :cap_haloween:

Edit: Its actually been there for a few patches.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,450 posts
11,402 battles
6 minutes ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

I can't find any information in the F1 screen or anywhere else, so this should be made more transparent to players I'd suggest. Meanwhile, can someone please tell me? Thanks in advance,

(...)

It's the "energy" of your ship's foghorn. You can press N in battle to make a TOOOT. This is limited by the resource displayed as this green bar. It starts recharging after a little while while not tooting :Smile-_tongue:

It's normally not displayed, I think - it appears when you use it and when recharging. So when you see it, it probably means that you pressed the key by mistake and gave a little toot accidentally :Smile_teethhappy:

PS: Foghorns can be disabled in settings - I'm not sure if the bar and ability to use them are then disabled too, or if they're only muted.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,288 posts
9,342 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

It's to avoid people honking their horns for 20 minutes straight.

Only if they honk their horns in continuous manner... you can "honk - stop1 second - honk" for long long time... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
4,906 posts
6,049 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Only if they honk their horns in continuous manner... you can "honk - stop1 second - honk" for long long time... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Don't give people dumb ideas, please. Thanks.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,288 posts
9,342 battles

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Don't give people dumb ideas, please. Thanks.

Unfortunately it is already known for long time (i.e. since horns were introduced)... in almost every game I have one such player abusing the horn... it is VERY annoying... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

Sign in to follow this