Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
evp66

dd play in future

41 comments in this topic

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles

There is now a lot of radars and hydros in high tier games and in next update do very much to some t10 DD playstyle. If wg really drops Shimas treload 25% and rises tturn time 80% it means Shima is after that torp soup maker not even near caps.Khabas range wil rise but same time its rudder shift time wil be nerfed...and so on.Ibelieve that in future we see less capping in early game and maby less DDs in high tier matches.If ht dd players move to low tier matches it has huge impact there and make beginners play pure pain.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles

It will not change much. Maybe some DD players will learn not to suicide at the start.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It will not change much. Maybe some DD players will learn not to suicide at the start.

80%+ to Shimas tube traverse speed + all those radars and hydros really have effect how to play Shima.With fast torp reload it can be effective when playing out of radars range...this means about 5 km from cap if there is islands near cap in enemy side and cap is small.And ofcourse 16 km torps.

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles

Traverse Speed is good enough, buffs make no difference, especially not at 16km.

Hydro was there before. Did not change.

Radar was there before and in numbers. Now it is a bit more, but it will go down again.

Been playing Shima with 12km torps for over a year, because I noticed back then that 8km torps are too limiting, especially in the early game. No new playstyle required for me. Maybe some people will learn now.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
1,777 posts
11,724 battles

We already see dds not caring much about caps, especially not those with a regular Radar camping spot nearby.

Nowadays we see 3-6 radar ships each game instead of the regular which is quite enough.

I do find DD gameplay has gotten more boring and safe  with max-range torp strikes for most of the game (using YY and Chung Mu).

Not much dd vs dd action, instead it is "avoid radar zone = half the map" play with dds skirmishing it out on the 1 and 10 lines.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
4,253 posts
7,934 battles
58 minutes ago, evp66 said:

There is now a lot of radars and hydros in high tier games and in next update do very much to some t10 DD playstyle. If wg really drops Shimas treload 25% and rises tturn time 80% it means Shima is after that torp soup maker not even near caps.Khabas range wil rise but same time its rudder shift time wil be nerfed...and so on.Ibelieve that in future we see less capping in early game and maby less DDs in high tier matches.If ht dd players move to low tier matches it has huge impact there and make beginners play pure pain.

you do realize those are not changes to the ships, but completely optional upgrades that you can choose to mount or not (and have to get in the first place)

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
On 6/24/2018 at 6:49 PM, ColonelPete said:

Also for you...

Each game?

Yesterday:

shot-18_06.23_19_37.22-0022.thumb.jpg.82cbad914e02ef65065b82d091ec4da5.jpg

Go to game with T10 ship and situation is totally different...at least one buffalo,des moines and others...and quite often Z-52 with rad...hydro.

On 6/24/2018 at 6:41 PM, GulvkluderGuld said:

We already see dds not caring much about caps, especially not those with a regular Radar camping spot nearby.

Nowadays we see 3-6 radar ships each game instead of the regular which is quite enough.

I do find DD gameplay has gotten more boring and safe  with max-range torp strikes for most of the game (using YY and Chung Mu).

Not much dd vs dd action, instead it is "avoid radar zone = half the map" play with dds skirmishing it out on the 1 and 10 lines.

When it goes boring people go to play low tier matches with DD.I have now played shenyang with 19 p captain and seen  there other DDs who cant be beginners...they really know how to play.Very fun games.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles
12 minutes ago, evp66 said:

Go to game with T10 ship and situation is totally different...at least one buffalo,des moines and others...and quite often Z-52 with rad...hydro.

This was a Tier IX game. Do you really think there is a difference?

• Boring 1

Players
1,109 posts
8,557 battles

I had to adapt my gameplay on all the Destroyers in my port T8-T10 and my stats have improved. My Shima has gone from 42% WR to 45% WR since March and some of my DD's are well over 50% now.

I too used the fast short range torps in Shima, at one point 6.4k at 81 knots, but when gameplay changed I went back to 12km and adapted accordingly so as I like my DD's, from Tier 2 to Tier 10, I will try to adapt my play styles to meet any game changes.

DD's are still fun and can change the course of a game as I recently did in my Kagero taking 3 important kills and keeping a CV detected so he could be deleted.. I came through the game to a victory after a bruising encounter with an Atago, which I eventually sank, and a Gallant with 819hp.

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

This was a Tier IX game. Do you really think there is a difference?

I played yesterday with Aki and Shima...and yes there was differense.When I played with Aki there was normally 1-2 radars.With Shima 2-4.

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles

Yeah, two radar ships per team are totally different from one....

And we never had that before.... ever!  :fish_palm:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yeah, two radar ships per team are totally different from one....

And we never had that before.... ever!  :fish_palm:

but four is...and it is normal today and wait when new usn line comes...couple of month ago I didnt see 4 radars in game...there is more radars today and it is fact.It just mean DDs must adjust their playstyle and others must understand why DDs dont cap in early game.It now feels boring to stay far away from caps and long range torp but mabe it goes intresting when learning that new playstyle and bbs stop whining if not cap early...

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles

Four is not the norm. And yes, we had four radars per team before in the game, even more sometimes. Missouri divisions are not a new thing.

But it is temporary. Cruisers numbers are already going down.

Yes, they will go up with CL again. But that is temporary again. The BB meta will not change by adding cruisers. BB wil feast on cruisers until the die-hard cruiser players remain, as before.

Players
1,777 posts
11,724 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Four is not the norm. 

No, 5-6 are. Usually 2-3 DMs (thanks to Adm Halsay missions) + 1-2 clevelands and a Krohnstadt per team.

Add the usual Missouri or two and you get up to 6. I cant even remember my last game with less than 3 radars per team.

I guess it will probably go down, but not back to normal levels (1-2 per team).

Krohnstadt will be as popular (and broken) as the Missouri, so we will likely see at least 1 of each on each team on average.

Add the usual DM and people grinding the new CLs and at a guess, minimum 3 radars per team on average, likely often 4.

2 hours ago, evp66 said:

When it goes boring people go to play low tier matches with DD.I have now played shenyang with 19 p captain and seen  there other DDs who cant be beginners...they really know how to play.Very fun games.

Yeah WG dont like sealclubbing on tier 2-4. Guess it is time to show our displeasure with the state of the game by making som newbies leave the game.

I was going to take my kamikaze out, but maybe it should be Tachibana Lima/Vampire/Umikaze instead!

(pity they nerfed the Orion or that could work too, only ever played one game and it was a 6 kill hardcarry)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
855 posts
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

What this man said. 

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,037 posts
8,126 battles

Well... do what I do. Counter the meta. Now is the time to play BBs.

As for low tier dds ... they have hard enough time with double cvs.

Im thinking of rebuyin Koenigsberg and puttin that german special captain in him. Should be interesting hunting dds with that.

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
304 posts
14,650 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Also for you...

Each game?

Yesterday:

shot-18_06.23_19_37.22-0022.thumb.jpg.82cbad914e02ef65065b82d091ec4da5.jpg

IMHO it's a very rare MM during last weeks. Playing high tier DDs mostly and presented print screen is an exception. In majority I took 3-4 (but also 5-6) radar ships per one or both teams. My record is 7 radars (2×Missouri, 2×Krondstadt, 2×DM and Moskva) in red team vs. 2 in our... Thats DD-unplayble reality....

• Cool 1

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
On 6/24/2018 at 9:30 PM, nambr9 said:

Well... do what I do. Counter the meta. Now is the time to play BBs.

As for low tier dds ... they have hard enough time with double cvs.

Im thinking of rebuyin Koenigsberg and puttin that german special captain in him. Should be interesting hunting dds with that.

Double cvs is not problem to Shenyang...only two good targets in late game.Koeningsberg is bad but I dont sit in smoke if that is in area...I use torps to it...or just spot it to bbs.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:45 PM, Max_Kammerer said:

IMHO it's a very rare MM during last weeks. Playing high tier DDs mostly and presented print screen is an exception. In majority I took 3-4 (but also 5-6) radar ships per one or both teams. My record is 7 radars (2×Missouri, 2×Krondstadt, 2×DM and Moskva) in red team vs. 2 in our... Thats DD-unplayble reality....

Thats what I mean.but it is not unplayable IF you play DD with long range torps...you need chance your playtsyle totally.Is that style fun depends on player.

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles

Looks fine to me:

5b2fea65595e0_2018-06-24DDHT.thumb.jpg.daf2af27d513cbe1c49f4f1aa60c6e85.jpg

One of the Shima kills was a DM I took out with a Devastating Strike...

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Looks fine to me:

5b2fea65595e0_2018-06-24DDHT.thumb.jpg.daf2af27d513cbe1c49f4f1aa60c6e85.jpg

One of the Shima kills was a DM I took out with a Devastating Strike...

Couple of days ago I played 11 batles with Shima with over 70% winrate but ONLY 42 k average damage...ok there was one game under 10 k when I went too near cap and was radarred and killed by half of enemy team. I try to say it is not impossible to play today but playstyle must be changed and special attention to places where radar ships can be...even if you dont see them.In map north I have seen how two radar ships behind midle island keep that area whole the game...so two caps where you just cant go.

• Cool 1

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
304 posts
14,650 battles
51 minutes ago, evp66 said:

Thats what I mean.but it is not unplayable IF you play DD with long range torps...you need chance your playtsyle totally.Is that style fun depends on player.

yes... true :), only 3 radars in red team, so it was nice :)

shima-36.jpg

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles

You have to play like that since radar was introduced into the game.

When you ignore radar, you get sunk. That did not change one bit.

And since you mention North. I tend to attack the B cap even with radar ships hiding behind the main island. They cannot shoot you. Just make sure that no other enemy ships have a firing solution on your position.

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You have to play like that since radar was introduced into the game.

When you ignore radar, you get sunk. That did not change one bit.

And since you mention North. I tend to attack the B cap even with radar ships hiding behind the main island. They cannot shoot you. Just make sure that no other enemy ships have a firing solution on your position.

I tried from both side os island to get position to shoot torps and always detected and other ships fired me.Then I left that island and went to spot enemy khaba to side area...I was able to spot it to our team and same time torp one DM.

Players
465 posts
5,039 battles

On the subject, as a player that performs best in a DD, this radar orgy has lead to a very passive DD play. Caps with notorious radar islands are rarely capped at the start, and DDs divisions with radar ships are more common.

Flanking DDs are the norm these days, and 19 point captains with radio location easily counter that approach so not many options remain.

If enough DD players give up then knife fights will be a thing of the past and DDs that excel in that area of play will slowly be dropped for long range torp DDs. Probably rage will increase on camping BBs as cruisers are forced to cap, while DDs merely spot from range and drop fish.

There is a point where a gimmick ceases being a gimmick, and that is when more than one ship/line gets it. I see the point of CAs being tanks that can push in and need radar, but CLs that spam from far are not logical radar beneficiaries, imho.

This radar soup has thrown a few bizarre situations, like a Kagero just following me (in a Benson) aimlessly as I flanked, despite me warning him I was radio located and flanking. He was completely unable to understand that my radio located flanking was a prime opportunity for him to cap, but he ended just crapping his pants when I was radares and blew a smoke when I did, then proceeded to continue following me as I solo capped, watching me passively as I fought alone a Kiev and a Black (in a division with a Baltimore), dying quickly to the Kiev that I managed to kill while I was radares and capping still...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this