Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GulvkluderGuld

Strap-on engines

16 comments in this topic

Players
1,777 posts
11,724 battles

WG should add strap-on engines to DDs.  My Harekaze is too slow. Atagos and Zaos are faster. This is not right, DDs are much smaller ships. 

Also USN BBS on lower tiers could use strap on engines too as they are glacially slow.

• Cool 1

Players
4,925 posts
6,062 battles
45 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

WG should add strap-on engines to DDs.  My Harekaze is too slow. Atagos and Zaos are faster. This is not right, DDs are much smaller ships. 

Also USN BBS on lower tiers could use strap on engines too as they are glacially slow.

Speed flag.

16 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Yeah but it doesnt even break 40 knts. Needs 10 more knots like this:Smile_trollface:

With signal and speed boost, she actually breaks 40 knots.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,998 posts
10,396 battles

Slightly disappointed you weren't talking about the Akizuki with strap-on ... *cough* engines.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[WCWVE]
Players
863 posts
13,030 battles

Trolls are animals 

Image result for funny signs - do not feed the animals

• Cool 1

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Slightly disappointed you weren't talking about the Akizuki with strap-on ... *cough* engines.

Aki has its historical speed.It cant be changed therefore...it had also radar in real life but not in game and this is called balansing

[KAKE]
Players
1,335 posts
3,588 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

It sounds like more of a German thing if you ask me :Smile_hiding:

[NOCAP]
Players
1,538 posts
15,496 battles
7 hours ago, Aotearas said:

I only read 'strap-on', tags: slow pain. I was even more disappointed.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,937 posts
6,260 battles

Same i saw only "strap on" so i thought "Mmmm 610mm's" but i realised im on the wrong forum for those discussions soo.....

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,453 posts
11,412 battles
5 hours ago, evp66 said:

Aki has its historical speed.It cant be changed therefore...it had also radar in real life but not in game and this is called balansing

Akizuki actually doesn't need more speed. I mean, she does need it but she really shouldn't be allowed to get it. Improving her speed would break balance.

Kitakaze, on the other hand, being at t9 with what's basically slightly nerfed Akizuki stats right now... Not to mention the historical fact that the main thing Japanese wanted out of "improved Akizuki" was precisely more speed... Yeah. That ship certainly could use a nice strap-on.

Players
618 posts
9 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

The Dacia Sandero 1.0 SCe is a much smaller car than a Volvo XC90 T8. The Dacia is too slow. The Volvo is faster. Dacia should strap on engines to the Sandero.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,707 battles
On 2018. 06. 24. at 5:06 PM, Aotearas said:

hold-it-my-spidey-sense-is-tingling-dey-

• Funny 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,506 posts
On 24/06/2018 at 2:51 PM, GulvkluderGuld said:

This is not right, DDs are much smaller ships.

To a point, larger vehicles generally have greater potential for speed, as they can put out more power. This is why the Soviet destroyer leaders can move at upwards of 42kts, because they're bigger than normal but still only carry standard DD armament. Meanwhile Deutschland class cruisers, being small for the weight of armament they carried, were relatively slow for their time.

[UNICS]
Players
391 posts
5,524 battles

And what about guided torpedoes?
Unlike this *stuff* they are historically accurate (Kaitens)

Sign in to follow this