Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kevbar

Nuclear option?

4 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,424 battles

My elderly Mother-in-Law recently bought me a really nice bone china mug with numerous pictures of Royal Navy vessels on it ranging from Hms Victory to HMS Queen Elizabeth. This morning while I was making a brew using the afore-mentioned mug, we had a conversation which went like this. (Btw, I was in the RN for 23 years, 20 of which were on nuc subs.)

MiL   "This is a really nice mug isn't it, I had to get it for you when I saw it"  :Smile_Default:

Me    "Yeah, I really like it"  :Smile_great:

MiL   "Shame it doesn't have any submarines on it"  :Smile_sad:

Me    "Yes it does, there are 2 on there somewhere"  :Smile_smile:

MiL    "Oh!, I see them"  :Smile_glasses:

Me     "One of them is the Holland"  :Smile_honoring:

MiL    "Is it nuclear?"  :Smile_amazed:

Me        :Smile_facepalm:

HMS Holland 1

Holland.jpg

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,983 posts
10,373 battles

Shoulda told her to git gud and learn her techtree properly.

• Funny 2

Players
846 posts
13,386 battles
12 hours ago, Kevbar said:

MiL    "Is it nuclear?"  :Smile_amazed:

Me        :Smile_facepalm:

Don't be too harsh with her, she tried to the best of her knowledge to please you.

Slightly off-topic, it's said that winning your future mother-in-law over is more than half the way to a happy and successful marriage. Which means that, in a sense, you become your mother-in-law's lover if the quote from Balzac is extended to such a relationship: "it's easier to be a lover than a husband because it's more difficult to be witty every day than from time to time". Unless she lives next door or under the same roof, of course...

Salute.

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,424 battles
9 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Don't be too harsh with her, she tried to the best of her knowledge to please you.

Slightly off-topic, it's said that winning your future mother-in-law over is more than half the way to a happy and successful marriage. Which means that, in a sense, you become your mother-in-law's lover if the quote from Balzac is extended to such a relationship: "it's easier to be a lover than a husband because it's more difficult to be witty every day than from time to time". Unless she lives next door or under the same roof, of course...

Salute.

My MiL is absolutely bonkers, but I love her to bits. We have a great relationship and I wouldn't hurt her in any way, so, even though this was for me a facepalm moment, she had no idea of my reaction but I just had to share it with you chaps.

I did point out to her that this was way before nuclear subs in a very diplomatic and gentle way, but I was crying with laughter inside.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this