Sign in to follow this  
Maihon

Radar / Spotting Mechanics

5 comments in this topic

[TAW]
Players
126 posts
4,635 battles

Firstly, am I correct in thinking that there is a 3 second render time that is applied (across the board) once a ship has been detected by radar in smoke i.e. you pop a radar consumable, the game decides you can see the enemy ship in smoke,  on the mini-map it appears instantaneously, but the ship appears on screen 3 seconds later and you can then shoot directly at it ?

Assuming I am, for example...

T8 US radar lasts 30 sec, so the 3 seconds render time absorbs 10% of the available visibility time, the ship is actually visible for 27 sec.

T8 USSR radar lasts 20 sec, so the 3 seconds render time absorbs 15% of the available visibility time, the ship is actually visible for 17 sec.

I understand that between US/UK radars and USSR there is a trade-off of duration for range...

but shouldn't the USSR radar last 1 second longer, i.e. 18 sec of actual visibility (or more for higher tiers) so that the proportion of available visibility time absorbed by the render is balanced across all nations?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,142 battles
14 minutes ago, Maihon said:

am I correct in thinking that there is a 3 second render time that is applied (across the board) once a ship has been detected

1...3 seconds, yes. Irrelevant oh how / where ship is detected.

Ship appears on your minimap instantly, but on your screen 1...3 sec later

As for the duration... No, I think it's fine as they are

Players
4 posts

Everywhere Radar everytime and from everybody. 5 Radar every match with HE spamming behind of islands is thew WG plan? This DM is OP and unbalance tier with full AA def with radar every minute and with good fire rate. So that is the new game mode? When you play with DD you die in 1 minute before you cap. When you play with BB you die by fire. When you play with cruiser you camp behind of island and you wait spot by the already dead by radar DD to hit with invisible mode. Its funny :)

Sorry for my english. Is bad and i know it.

Sign in to follow this