You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gavtheconquerer

Is minotaur worth it

5 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post
6,217 battles

I'm up to neptune in British cl and love the ship im stuck on whether to get the minatour as looking at the stats it doesn't look much better than neptune. Plus I'm  building up my American and Japanese cl up tier 7 at mo on both. Am I better off spending the credits on them or get that tier 10 minatour

4 answers to this question

Players
112 posts

Minotaur has some advantages over Neptune...

- Superb detection range (8.9 km)

- Torps can outrange detection  (10 km vs 8.9 km)

- DPM

- Better frontal torp angle

- Is more agile

- Is a bit smaller

Better overall.

But strangely, I do way better in Neptune. In fact I almost suck at Mino, until lately.

Maybe Tier9 MM. Trying to fix that...

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles
4 hours ago, Zimbit said:

But strangely, I do way better in Neptune. In fact I almost suck at Mino, until lately.

It's a phenomenon I've been observing since I've started playing WoT back in 2011, and my theory is that it has to do with the tier system.

Essentially, when you're in a T9 in an average match meeting T10, you don't feel as important of a target compared to a T10, and the enemy doesn't either, so you tend to put less pressure on yourself, and the enemy tends to put less pressure on you.
It's just a theory, but I can attest that despite being an objectively worse vehicle, I always felt more at ease in a T10 match in an E50 than an E50M (*) , and I feel more at ease in a T10 match in a Neptune than a Mino.

(*) For those who don't play WoT, those two tanks are essentially identical, one is T9 and the other T10, using the T9's gold ammo as standard ammo an being a tad more agile.
I first noted my theory on those two tanks, thanks to the nigh-identical nature of both, and my noted serenity playing the T9 (to this day my most played tank) and not feeling that with the T10 despite performing better with it.