Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KevinofCathay

Just played a battle which has only 4 players

31 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
6,009 battles

So, when this crap matchmaking can be fixed?

shot-18.06.23_22.02.42-0718.jpg

shot-18.06.23_22.03.19-0960.jpg

--6/25/2018--

Thanks for all replies.

I know that there were not many players on the server at that time. Actually, I played such battles like 4 players on each side (8 players in total), or 6 players on each side (12 players in total), and these battles were acceptable to me considering the time.

But, this battle was just ... amazingly awful.

Edited by KevinofCathay
new stuff added
  • Funny 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles

- not enough players in queue

- blames MM

Brilliant.

• Cool 4

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
969 posts
10,267 battles

Its very early in the morning.

This crap can be fixed when people play at normal hours.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,354 posts
5,766 battles

Easily solved: Don't play this late/early :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

[CRU_]
Players
363 posts
9,700 battles

Unfortunately this game doesn't have the player base for addicts to be able to battle 24/7, treat the few hours in the early morning as forced withdrawl, get cold sweats, scream at your monitor or alternatively sleep.

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,682 posts
45,091 battles
4 hours ago, KevinofCathay said:

It is difficult if you have a CV but sometimes also in other tiers, watch the numbers of players in the waiting list and if it takes over a minute log out and try again.

However that you will have fights with less players is pretty normal, on lower tier with 6-8 players/team is rather OK.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,516 posts
11,043 battles

Sooo you complain that people sleep at 3 am? :D

This guy going places... Not university, but places... :D

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[KTS]
Alpha Tester
1,004 posts
11,832 battles

the main problem is when MM like this happen at 2-3 P.M, and it happened to me

[SLAPP]
Players
1,436 posts
9,091 battles
4 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

This guy going places... Not university, but places... :D

is the insane asylum not the new university these days? 

• Funny 1

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles

Not everyone knows how MM works when there are few players online, so reduce the ridicule, please.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,013 battles
41 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

Not everyone knows how MM works when there are few players online, so reduce the ridicule, please.

Nah, the dude moaned that the MM had issues to create a match at 3-4 AM  CET, has nothing to do with knowledge and all to do with the lack of common sense...

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,516 posts
11,043 battles
1 hour ago, lameoll said:

is the insane asylum not the new university these days? 

Well, thinking about my uni experience... It actually is. :D

• Funny 1

[WTFNO]
Players
639 posts
11,380 battles

Actually, that kind of match with very small teams could be interesting. From time to time.

I also sometimes wished for 2-3 players only ops*, but maybe that would wreck the MM/queues overall.

* meaning the usual ops with an option to play them with smaller teams, maybe with reduced opposition and/or rewards.

Could be for additional challenge, or just playing with people you know.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,418 posts
11,488 battles
8 hours ago, KevinofCathay said:

This was about one of CV guys waiting 5 minutes... 

8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

- not enough players in queue

- blames MM

Brilliant.

Not enough CV in queue. Poor cruisers were dragged into this nonsense game randomly. Still, "5-minutes" rule is hopelessly stupid - you wait in your CV 5 minutes and get crappy pseudo-game, while you could wait maybe 6-7 or even 10? minutes and get what you came for = normal game. :cap_money:

And dragging in people which didn't decide to wait full 5 minutes is simply not fair.

8 hours ago, RobS80 said:

Its very early in the morning.

2am is not morning, even now (solstice!) at my geographic latitude it is still quite dark :cap_tea:

This crap can be fixed when people play at normal hours.

I very often play until the day change (4am in my place). I don't think it is enough reason to force me to such crippled waste of time...

4 hours ago, zengaze said:

Unfortunately this game doesn't have the player base for addicts to be able to battle 24/7, treat the few hours in the early morning as forced withdrawl, get cold sweats, scream at your monitor or alternatively sleep.

The problem is the stupid 5-minute rule, and not-enough player base for CV, not generally. I haven't had truncated teams for weeks, and I play very late night routinely - but not in CV.

The other problem is keeping the servers separate. I wrote about it already. For some (marketing? nationalistic?) reasons WG keeps servers separate, while the only real problem in merging them is the latency, which is not so important for at least US-EU/RU. In fact one of RU nodes is physically located in Western Europe. 

With even AS left separate (OK, they have their pings...) the population would be much more evenly spread. And larger. 

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
28 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Not enough CV in queue.

If you had bothered to look beyond "OMG CVS!!!!1111" you'd realize that the low tier CV population is actually reasonably healthy as proven by statistics. Games such as the above are practically impossible UNLESS you play at unreasonable hours.

[ALONE]
Players
1,418 posts
11,488 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

If you had bothered to look beyond "OMG CVS!!!!1111" you'd realize that the low tier CV population is actually reasonably healthy as proven by statistics. Games such as the above are practically impossible UNLESS you play at unreasonable hours.

Hey, I play at unreasonable hours almost every day and it seems the only class affected are CV - nothing "personal" or offensive in that, it is just noted fact. 

And I think that even for the CV player it would be better to wait a bit longer and get a real game. :cap_hmm:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
9 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Hey, I play at unreasonable hours almost every day and it seems the only class affected are CV - nothing "personal" or offensive in that, it is just noted fact. 

Except that you literally can't judge that.

Whenever the 5 minute mark is exceeded by any class MM will grab whatever ships available and creates a match with them. That naturally includes CVs. And with low tier CV population reasonably healthy you'd also expect CVs to be present almost every time someone exceeds the limit. High tier CVs are rare enough that they're usually to blame, same can't be said about low tier ones.

So in the case of OP it could've been very well the case that he or the other cruiser is the one who sat in queue for too long while the CVs are actually the "victims".

As for the 5 minute mark, this is a game without a lobby system. In that light it's reasonable to put such a system in place. Perhaps not ideal, but reasonable.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts

I'd prefer MM to simply not give me a match at all than give me anything less than a 10v10. Even at peak times at tier 2 you sometimes get empty slots.

[ALONE]
Players
1,418 posts
11,488 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Except that you literally can't judge that.

Whenever the 5 minute mark is exceeded by any class MM will grab whatever ships available and creates a match with them. That naturally includes CVs. And with low tier CV population reasonably healthy you'd also expect CVs to be present almost every time someone exceeds the limit. High tier CVs are rare enough that they're usually to blame, same can't be said about low tier ones.

So in the case of OP it could've been very well the case that he or the other cruiser is the one who sat in queue for too long while the CVs are actually the "victims".

If every single truncated game I've seen contained a CV, it rather suggests that it is the CV guy who waited the longest? Other ships could even just enter the queue, when suddenly the other CV enqueued and the game was matched instantly. Also, even on lower tiers, CV are much less frequent than other classes, so they wait the longest for being matched, so that again is an argument that CV usually reach 5 minute mark most frequently.

15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

As for the 5 minute mark, this is a game without a lobby system. In that light it's reasonable to put such a system in place. Perhaps not ideal, but reasonable.

What "reasonable" is in the system which arbitrarily decides for you that "time's up" and assembles crippled useless pseudo-game with CV and a target practice on a full large map? 

Most importantly, it should be player's decision to agree for a truncated game. 

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,013 battles
13 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

If every single truncated game I've seen contained a CV, it rather suggests that it is the CV guy who waited the longest? Other ships could even just enter the queue, when suddenly the other CV enqueued and the game was matched instantly. Also, even on lower tiers, CV are much less frequent than other classes, so they wait the longest for being matched, so that again is an argument that CV usually reach 5 minute mark most frequently.

What "reasonable" is in the system which arbitrarily decides for you that "time's up" and assembles crippled useless pseudo-game with CV and a target practice on a full large map? 

I have a solution, CO OP. so you can play anytime you like and will not be 4 vs 4.

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
10 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

We probably can't imagine it as we're not filthy casuals that kind of player, but the people that primarily populate the game most likely won't like to wait for over 5 minutes for a match and are content even with "crippled" games.

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
4 hours ago, EdiJo said:

And dragging in people which didn't decide to wait full 5 minutes is simply not fair.

Yes.

4 hours ago, EdiJo said:

2am is not morning, even now (solstice!) at my geographic latitude it is still quite dark :cap_tea:

The English language and the people who use it is kinda weird in this. "Morning" according to some (including Dictionary.com) covers everything between midnight and noon. This is not helpful.

3 hours ago, EdiJo said:

My guess is also the CV player. Though I have seen these kinds of matches withoutn any CVs. But the general rule in WoWs is, when in doubt, blame the CV. :cap_like:

3 hours ago, StringWitch said:

I'd prefer MM to simply not give me a match at all than give me anything less than a 10v10. Even at peak times at tier 2 you sometimes get empty slots.

Eh, I think matches can be pretty fun even at some 5-7 player per team. It's 7 in ranked after all. Though some game mode and map also has an effect on how fun it'll be.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

not impossible. extremely rare.

More than a year ago, at the beginning, only with a few battles under my belt. I was in one of this games...me, in a black swan against the t1 Japanese cruiser.

1 vs 1.

I was so nervous, we spend half of the game in our bases (at that time I though that at least one ship had to drive in and out  of the spawning area to have new points ).

I don't know about the other guy, but I spent around 5 minutes in the spawn thinking.

Ok, his points are climbing, so he must be in his base, at least I know where he is!:Smile_teethhappy:

As the time was passing by, both of us were in a stalemate, so I started to panic.

I can't go in there, if I go my points stop going up, plus he'll know that I'm after him.

Long story short.

I end up rushing the guy with my latest tactic, autopilot on with 3 nav points while I was in the guns.

I won that one, don't me ask me how. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,354 posts
5,766 battles
14 hours ago, zengaze said:

I reccomend the last. Easily the best option in the long term.

Sign in to follow this