Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mangrey

WG you lied

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester, Players
711 posts

when you told us that you removed Invisi shoting, Cleavland is stilling doing it and have done it since CBT... even worse you not make an intire [edited]line of invisi shoting ships GG 

 

/rant off 

 

 

mang

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CMP]
Weekend Tester
605 posts
5,076 battles

Hehehe. No

 

Invis shooting was done by DDs that could spot you and shoot at you form outside their detection range.

All current invis shooting is done with another ship doing the spotting.            

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CU]
Players
266 posts
22,301 battles

Keeping someone a little outside max spotting range as they head in your direction means you can spam in their path without being seen (although without the benefit of aim locking on). As mentioned above this needs someone else nearer to enemy. Long range CAs are quite good at doing this tho.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,229 posts
14,704 battles

Well we can still explain this.

If you are kiting away from someone which is at 15km but your max range is 14.5km. You are able to shoot him because he is coming right to you. But still, he is beyond your max range. It means he can't spot you but you can keep invisible shooting him.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
Just now, Hummus said:

All current invis shooting is done with another ship doing the spotting.            

 

A wild Perth appeared!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RL7S]
Players
248 posts
3,276 battles

Yeah I found out about this form of invisi-shooting recently with the Karlsrushe. Effectively if you have a fairly long shell flight time and are sailing away from a target that is chasing you while spotted (even if that’s just because they have worse detection) you can shoot them and never get spotted.

 

Of course it requires a slower enemy willing to push into this fire and not take any measures to change the range so it’s hardly an OP tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,565 posts

i sense some sarcasm in this one ...

 

but I do appreciate that stealth firing is still possible in the game when really bad weather hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAIN]
Players
117 posts
13,011 battles

Maybe the cleveland player is smart and was sitting behind an island :cap_haloween:

 

But it’s probably Accelerated’ explanation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,818 posts
15,115 battles
54 minutes ago, Mangrey said:

when you told us that you removed Invisi shoting, Cleavland is stilling doing it and have done it since CBT... even worse you not make an intire [edited]line of invisi shoting ships GG 

 

/rant off 

 

 

mang

No wonder when you play with your eyes closed...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
203 posts
4,569 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No wonder when you play with your eyes closed...

Wut? U have to play eyes open! Knew I was missing something!! :fish_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,730 posts
9,803 battles

You smell that? That's chloroform, now let's get you in the van.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
35,510 battles
56 minutes ago, principat121 said:

so [SCRUB] is trolling again

:Smile_sceptic:

time for a ban

you sure that not need ban your 56%? kinda low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 hours ago, Hummus said:

All current invis shooting is done with another ship doing the spotting.            

Also works with radar, hydro and spotter plane. Or blindfiring into some spot you know ships are at, but is behind cover/inside smoke.

1 hour ago, Alex_Connor said:

Yeah I found out about this form of invisi-shooting recently with the Karlsrushe. Effectively if you have a fairly long shell flight time and are sailing away from a target that is chasing you while spotted (even if that’s just because they have worse detection) you can shoot them and never get spotted.

 

Of course it requires a slower enemy willing to push into this fire and not take any measures to change the range so it’s hardly an OP tactic.

You don't even need long shell travel times and range. Yesterday I did this to a Buffalo that had its radar on cooldown with a Harekaze, just outside my gun range of 9.4 km. You just need some guns that really don't care too much about the lock on dispersion bonus. I absolutely don't recommend doing something like that though, given how risky it is. Only did it because we were losing and I couldn't allow them to cap. At that range, it's practically a few metres before the Buffalo strays into range and murders you as a DD. Or just shoots at where the tracer comes from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
711 posts
1 hour ago, TBNRtom said:

Maybe the cleveland player is smart and was sitting behind an island :cap_haloween:

 

But it’s probably Accelerated’ explanation.

 

 

yes it is .... it is still invisi shoting..... and next patch youll have 50 "cleavlands" (or worse) behind thoes islands and camping the leving crap out of us ..... with INSANE AA.... good work again WG and you brain dead balance

 

 

mang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
45 minutes ago, Mangrey said:

yes it is .... it is still invisi shoting..... and next patch youll have 50 "cleavlands" (or worse) behind thoes islands and camping the leving crap out of us ..... with INSANE AA.... good work again WG and you brain dead balance

 

 

mang

You know what's the best way to deal with this? Have a BB rush them. Best a Bismarck. Though you can also try sneak up in some of the heavy cruisers. From up close, murdering them is easy (cruiser can just unload their torps), the Cleveland has little to dissuade getting rushed. It's mostly just because people are "Oh crap, all these shells, gonna get out of range." But basically, this is where a Bismarck can shine, going in and kill the annoyance, doing the job it was designed to do.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
711 posts
14 hours ago, Riselotte said:

You know what's the best way to deal with this? Have a BB rush them. Best a Bismarck. Though you can also try sneak up in some of the heavy cruisers. From up close, murdering them is easy (cruiser can just unload their torps), the Cleveland has little to dissuade getting rushed. It's mostly just because people are "Oh crap, all these shells, gonna get out of range." But basically, this is where a Bismarck can shine, going in and kill the annoyance, doing the job it was designed to do.

oh yea ill just sneak my massive shoe boat (Nelson class) past the othere team and sink it. No one will notice me 

 

mang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ZEN]
Players
1,309 posts
14,190 battles
16 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I'll just leave this one here :Smile_trollface:

 

  Hide contents

 

 

I guess this must be something to do with the viewing range on the DDs, as even though the BB should be detected when the detection blooms, the DD has a much smaller Visual range so is unable to see the BB so I assume that the game is counting the BB as undetected as nothing can see it directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
5 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

I guess this must be something to do with the viewing range on the DDs, as even though the BB should be detected when the detection blooms, the DD has a much smaller Visual range so is unable to see the BB so I assume that the game is counting the BB as undetected as nothing can see it directly.

Yes, exactly that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,428 posts
4,495 battles
15 hours ago, Mangrey said:

yes it is .... it is still invisi shoting..... and next patch youll have 50 "cleavlands" (or worse) behind thoes islands and camping the leving crap out of us ..... with INSANE AA.... good work again WG and you brain dead balance

 

 

mang

 

Stop it Mangrey. If a Cleveland is shooting you from behind an island with no friendly units with line of sight to it, while enemy units have line of sight to you, you are being fired at indirectly. He's not detected because he positioned himself so. If there was line of sight to him, he'd be detected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SLAPP]
Players
1,436 posts
9,091 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I'll just leave this one here :Smile_trollface:

OH ye multiple games where i just was at the b cap with my yamato stealth firing :X 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×