You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralDing3Ling

This is getting out of hand

110 comments in this topic

Players
245 posts
3,680 battles

World of warships community has now surpassed world of tanks in being the most toxic and vile community in the gaming industry.

Not one single game goes by where I dont get yelled at, shot at by my teammates, called various slurs and slangs. The worst part is that this sort of behavior is completely okay it seems, cause absolutely nothing happens. People dont get banned, they dont get penaliced at all. Yes you go pink for a bit but what does that matter really?

Is anything going to be done about this? Or are you just gonna sit there and do nothing while you cash in the big bucks on new players who will leave within a few months because of this.

I for one have had enough, if this continues I will leave wargaming products all together, cause I dont log in here when I get home from work to suffer throu this absolute crap, this is supposed to be relaxing.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts

You must be playing a different game from me then.....I haven't seen a purposeful team kill for a good year (the odd accidental potato torp kill now and again) and a bit of comical death rage every 3 games or so. WOT is obviously a different story. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[TS1]
Players
529 posts
7,592 battles

Simply put, I don't believe you. I have days where the worst thing I hear is someone saying the team is bad one or two times, if even that, over a dozen games or so. Last time I personally got yelled at, shot at by my teammates or called anything offensive was... this time I got carelessly team-torped by some US DD hiding some 7km behind my Kebab (which means I'm a complete noob for not looking behind me while actively fighting half a dozen enemies :Smile_sceptic:), and that was weeks ago.

Also, WoT has not, nor has not ever had, the most toxic community in the industry.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
245 posts
3,680 battles

Time for some screenshotting then. I only have one game so far but Ill keep them coming.

*edit  

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Or are you just gonna sit there and do nothing while you cash in the big bucks.....

Why are you blaming me? Also, if I'm getting "the big bucks" why am I waiting another 2 weeks for payday to renew my Prem Account?

:cap_money:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts
7 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

Simply put, I don't believe you. I have days where the worst thing I hear is someone saying the team is bad one or two times, if even that, over a dozen games or so. Last time I personally got yelled at, shot at by my teammates or called anything offensive was... this time I got carelessly team-torped by some US DD hiding some 7km behind my Kebab (which means I'm a complete noob for not looking behind me while actively fighting half a dozen enemies :Smile_sceptic:), and that was weeks ago.

Also, WoT has not, nor has not ever had, the most toxic community in the industry.

Agree....the last time i got shot at was by a french bloke who took offence at my tirpitz (probably 18 months ago) called me a wallet warrior right at the start of the battle and hit me with a salvo.....I returned fire meaning to miss him and one shotted him by accident.....lesson learnt after a pink spell :Smile_smile:

• Funny 2

Players
920 posts
7,192 battles

There's quite a lot of salt about at the moment (quite a lot of it from me, to be fair). The Indianapolis marathon missions are causing the entire game to be deformed by people doing the current mission objective - the 150 hit mission means a surfeit of Atlantas with all the great fun everyone has when they're facing multiple divisions of radar equipped dakka ships (add some, Nurnbergs,  Belfasts and PA DDs for Fun And Engaging Gameplay). 

Players
1,157 posts
9,075 battles
Vor 23 Minuten, AdmiralDing3Ling sagte:

Not one single game goes by where I dont get yelled at, shot at by my teammates, called various slurs and slangs.

I cannot confirm that. If it is true, it must be something about you specifically that aggravates them.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
943 posts
13,448 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

...people doing the current mission objective - the 150 hit mission means a surfeit of Atlantas...

True I was one of those Yesterday :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Players
425 posts
8,791 battles
2 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

I cannot confirm that. If it is true, it must be something about you specifically that aggravates them.

Thinking the exact same thing Captain :Smile_honoring:

• Bad 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
660 posts
6,701 battles
On 6/23/2018 at 11:13 AM, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Time for some screenshotting then. I only have one game so far but Ill keep them coming.

*edit  

i don't see anything wrong with it, you have been steamrolled. It happens

• Bad 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,236 battles

This is ridiculous.  You must consistently be doing something to  attract abuse.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

I'm going to call you a liar, because the alternative is that you yourself are acting horribly to draw this kind of "toxic" response upon yourself.

For a game with a completely open chat between teams, WoWs is by far among the least "toxic" out there.

I'll have at most 1-2 bad experiences each month with someone team torping me then going off at me like it's my fault that he's now pink or in general calling me out, plus a handful of variations on: "team is bad".

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,654 battles
1 minute ago, Flavio1997 said:

i don't see anything wrong with it, you have been steamrolled. It happens

Facepalm... He is talking about a teamkiller with -1 frag not a loss, then again he also had an afk who that dude was probably shooting at.

• Cool 1

Players
920 posts
7,192 battles
8 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

True I was one of those Yesterday :Smile_hiding:

I hope you got the rewards! Any salty comments are only within the game, of course, no hard feelings afterwards. But I do find a look at the campaign list (even if I'm not doing them) is prudent for keeping :etc_swear: to a minimum....

• Cool 1

Players
245 posts
3,680 battles
2 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Facepalm... He is talking about a teamkiller with -1 frag not a loss, then again he also had an afk who that dude was probably shooting at.

No the buffalo teamkilled me. Because I refused to rush solo into C when I had no support.

But I guess its good that this only happens to me then, means all of you are the ones doing this.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,020 posts
5,453 battles

I haven't seen it. I don't know exactly what happened but I will side with OP on one thing.

No matter how angry you are on a teammate, teamkilling them is super low.

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
943 posts
13,448 battles
2 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

No matter how angry you are on a teammate, teamkilling them is super low.

Agreed :cap_like:m8 That’s why there is chat for some venting and u move on, in the next fight u might be the one that f** up

Players
245 posts
3,680 battles
10 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

I'm going to call you a liar, because the alternative is that you yourself are acting horribly to draw this kind of "toxic" response upon yourself.

For a game with a completely open chat between teams, WoWs is by far among the least "toxic" out there.

I'll have at most 1-2 bad experiences each month with someone team torping me then going off at me like it's my fault that he's now pink or in general calling me out, plus a handful of variations on: "team is bad".

Oh rly. 3 times now in the past week Ive gotten either teamkilled outright or just shot at by teammates because I havent played my DD as they thought I should be playing it. All 3 games I ended up top on xp way ahead of the dudes complaining, and yes we won all 3 games. I even have a screenshot of one of these games.

Yesterday I got shot at by a teammate in my KGV because I "stole his kill" even thou I did 70% of the damage to "his kill".

Today I got teamkilled by a Buffalo because I refused to rush headlong into C without support while they themselves sat at the back of the map and camped.

As someone else said this might be due to the campaign as this wasnt the case a few weeks ago. But still teamkilling needs much much harder punishments than currently is.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Players
245 posts
3,680 battles

The dude I circled was the one shouting and shooting at me during most of the game.

*edit  

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Players
245 posts
3,680 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

@AdmiralDing3Ling

It should be a very easy thing for you to share some links to some of the replays of your recent matches, or isn't it?!

Dont know I dont save replays because 1. Im on a mobile broadband and 2. I dont know how :P

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles
On 6/23/2018 at 11:43 AM, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

The dude I circled was the one shouting and shooting at me during most of the game.

*edit  

Well that should be a pretty easy one to prove/disprove. I'll just ping @EdiJo

Modder
3,876 posts
6,947 battles

No Replay?! Sure...

Did I really expect something else from you?

To be honest: no!

You are a pathetic writer here in the forum and that is the reason why no one believes your "fairy tales".

:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Players
245 posts
3,680 battles
6 minutes ago, principat121 said:

No Replay?! Sure...

Did I really expect something else from you?

To be honest: no!

You are a pathetic writer here in the forum and that is the reason why no one believes your "fairy tales".

:Smile_sceptic:

You just proved my point with that post.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2