Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

How to understand this?

25 comments in this topic

[WGP2W]
Players
1,424 posts
9,973 battles

New consumable Main Gun Reload Booster are added in game for testing.

Reload Time of the Main Caliber -50%;
Duration 30 s;
Cooldown 120 s and 80 s for Main Gun Reload Booster II;
Charges 2 and 3 for Main Gun Reload Booster II;
Main goal of the new consumable get a chance for ship's owner boost for a small period of time reload main guns and fire a final salvo.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

But when you ask for secondary buff for short time... you get ignored... seems like brawling BBs are good only in theory.

Someone else feel this is retarded  except me as well? No comment...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i thought you were trolling at first... cause this would be something you would write :Smile_trollface:

then i saw WG is actually serious... :Smile_facepalm:

WG pls buff BB, BB weak...

• Funny 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles

We haven't had a good "We recognize a BB overpopulation and are taking steps to fix it" meme in a while, so here we are.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
11,944 battles

Ahh, I see that the gimmick for the Russian BB's has finally leaked...

• Funny 3

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
20 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Ahh, I see that the gimmick for the Russian BB's has finally leaked...

they will probably have it unlimited supply of those like atlanta with dfaa...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,771 posts
12,149 battles

I don't know how to judge this. For a potato it'll be a useless consumable, but in the hands of an experieced player… This gives the BB that much more power in punishing enemy mistakes.

On the other hand, if it's this, or some gimmicky RN HE, or US BB Radar or DefAA then I'll probably go for this.

It's interesting and certainly warrants testing to tweak all the numbers and such AND it's for the main bread and butter of the BB, it's main guns.

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts

Well.....

What a daft idea. I can understand torpedo reload booster, torp reload is long and most DD's that can use it have to give up smoke to equip it, but in the worst case BB's at T7 and up have a max base reload of 30s before any Adrenaline Rush and reload modules.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles

Tbh sacrificing 2 heals for something like this... Hell no, I'll gladly pass on it

Jean Bart has been said to have 30s reload, so what it gets is 1 extra salvo between his 2 normal salvos every 1.5....2 min for up to 5 times per battle. I see it as a borderline useless gimmick, nothing more than that

o4GxXJ2.png

Basically, in 8.5 min of nonstop firing instead of 18 salvos you get 23. That's it.

Even just 1 of those 2 heals would be more benefit to you

• Cool 4

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles

A few games ago in T4-T5 battle there was pretty close situation, and in the end there was enemy Kongo which was evidently not a novice vs 2 our BB: Texas and Kaiser, I think.

Texas was almost full HP, we had 3 caps and point advantage, Kaiser & Kongo were both quite low. 

Tex & Kaiser could just wait him out, but Texas went into brawl...

Although, Kongo just killed Kaiser and this was his 5th kill... I think I don't have to underline here that Kongo shot those weird pinky projectiles? :fish_panic:

Texas evidently didn't know what that means - went into broadsiding slugfest at ~3km? range. His first salvo crippled Kongo to a few kHP... the return salvo ate half of Texas health. So it looked like Texas has the game packed?  :etc_red_button:

Nope. This was ARP Kongo with Yamamoto captain. GG.:etc_swear:

BTW. Sneaky seal-clubber turned off the fireworks. :fish_haloween:

• Funny 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,436 posts
13,843 battles
21 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Tbh sacrificing 2 heals for something like this... Hell no, I'll gladly pass on it

Inb4 it gets a separate slot because "promoting different playstyles with BBs" or some other bull:etc_swear:.

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,793 posts
7,737 battles
27 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Jean Bart has been said to have 30s reload, so what it gets is 1 extra salvo between his 2 normal salvos every 1.5....2 min for up to 5 times per battle. I see it as a borderline useless gimmick, nothing more than that

o4GxXJ2.png

Basically, in 8.5 min of nonstop firing instead of 18 salvos you get 23. That's it.

ever heard of this thing called Adrenaline Rush? quite popular among BBs, and rightly so. As soon as you get your reload below 30s, that consumable can give you more than one extra salvo.

Without AR, you're correct:

pop - fire - wait 15s - fire - wait another 15s, consumable has run out because you will not have fired both of those salvoes at the exact right millisecond.

three salvoes in the space of two. Already pretty strong I'd say, especially with the short cooldown.

But, let's say we've got a 27s base reload because we're at 50% HP.

pop - fire - wait 13.5s - fire - wait 13.5s - consumable still has a theoretical 3s left, so a decent amount of buffer to account for delays - fire with consumable still active - wait 13.5s again - fire - normal reload.

four salvoes in the space of one and a half (45s). With Richelieu guns, which are not bad at all.

That's gonna hurt! And you'Re ready to do that again 80s later...

5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Inb4 it gets a separate slot because "promoting different playstyles with BBs" or some other bull:etc_swear:.

yes, it is a separate slot. Take a look at the dev diary for Jean Bart :)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Jean Bart (the ship with this thing) gets 1 normal / 2 premium / 3 premium + SI heals. Normally you would have 5. You play a slightly different Richellieu which sacrifices 2 heals for some reload boost. Those heals - that's potentially 10k HP you could heal to keep fighting

12 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

That's gonna hurt! And you'Re ready to do that again 80s later...

I'd still prefer to have those 2 heals instead of it. Same reason as to why I rarely run AR / reload mod - I prefer making that one shot actually count instead of just spamming bunch of shells everywhere at every chance I get

[WONLY]
Players
194 posts

This is just bullsh*t. If other BBs (maybe RU BB line) get this consumable too, you won't know when it's safe to turn in a cruiser anymore...

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,436 posts
13,843 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

yes, it is a separate slot. Take a look at the dev diary for Jean Bart :)

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Jean Bart (the ship with this thing) gets 1 normal / 2 premium / 3 premium + SI heals. Normally you would have 5.

Whoops, my bad.

Let me adjust that:

2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Inb4 every BB gets it in a separate slot because "promoting more aggressive playstyles with BBs" or some other bull:etc_swear:.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,141 posts
5,915 battles

jean_bart.png

• Funny 4

[TIPC]
Players
349 posts
16,233 battles
15 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

But when you ask for secondary buff for short time... you get ignored... seems like brawling BBs are good only in theory.

Someone else feel this is retarded  except me as well? No comment...

to be fair this would be a great consumable for cvs that rushed by dds and would not afect any balance in the game.....

so i think actually that a secondary buff consumable only for cv class would make sense and it would be interesting:cap_hmm:@MrConway@Crysantos

as for the bbs forget it..lol

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

This could be cool for IJN DD as a swapout with speed boost (so you have a 'stand and fight' card instead of a getaway), but alas, just another BBuff.

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

A -10% would be reasonable. -50% is very WG developers: completely retarded.

Players
2,371 posts
6,683 battles
On 22-6-2018 at 11:01 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

o4GxXJ2.png

Personally I do like WG looking into options such as this (but they better not go overboard while doing it :Smile_hiding:) as it can add to gameplay.

But I am really not sure about such a hefty reload increase, even if it's just for a shirt while :cap_hmm:

It would make a good tool for catching enemy players after having waited for you to start a turn, then shoot your broadside after having quick-reloaded.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,155 posts
2,248 battles
On 6/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

to be fair this would be a great consumable for cvs that rushed by dds and would not afect any balance in the game.....

so i think actually that a secondary buff consumable only for cv class would make sense and it would be interesting:cap_hmm:@MrConway@Crysantos

as for the bbs forget it..lol

If you are a CV that gets rushed by a DD its your own fault - map awareness is the name of the game ;)

I would love a secondary buff, but also a reload booster would be great for those situations where you really want to take advantage of a broadside being shown.

[TIPC]
Players
349 posts
16,233 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

If you are a CV that gets rushed by a DD its your own fault - map awareness is the name of the game ;)

I would love a secondary buff, but also a reload booster would be great for those situations where you really want to take advantage of a broadside being shown.

yes sure i aggree if a cv rushed by dd mostly is his fault because that means it doesnt spot him..but there are situations that even if u spot the dd the allies ignore him (u know why... :P hahahahahahah) especialy in lower tiers that the maps are small and the speeds are very slow :)

as for the reload booster i can imagine some ca captains  will make some interesting threads..:Smile_popcorn::Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,392 battles

How about a smoke (option) that has 50% less smokiness but deflects radar / hydro?

Sign in to follow this