You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

Rant / CV / AA / in-game exploits / a request

201 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,218 battles

Hi guys i am back and as always its a rant

so whats my problem  today .

a  CV in c4nser division who i used  to meat ( and farm ) in ranked with his impressive 31%  winrate in ranked , gets 85% in randoms using an exploit by playing  1200 game with midway in a division ( 12 games solo ) .

yes i  call it an exploit  ,  this jackass of a ship minotaur have 8.6km AA range that makes the game toxic for any CV in the other side and witch allows the  the newbie that doesnt even know how to strafe properly to left click kill everything without fear of being intercepted by anything . ane i spoke about this topic before but WG did nothing .

so here i am asking another request . please WG , poor players like this guy only have 85% winrate  in 1200 battles in midway using their  AA minotaur , please  give them a another copy of minotaur but with defensive AA and lets call it Worcester so they can get 100% winrate over 1200 battles . its a simple request . 

there is only few people still enjoying CV and we cant have that . so lets add more ships that can deleat  2 squads of planes at 8.6km its historical , its fun and engaging and its  its clearly good for the game . 

edit :some  people who abuse the exploit i spoke of , took this  personally and have started to insult , so if any mod passes here please shut this down .  

[Removed]

Edited by MrConway
No naming and shaming
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,218 battles
On 6/22/2018 at 10:59 PM, siramra said:

I don't play CVs. Didn't find it enjoyable. So in short, I'm only here for the beer.

you will remember that guy when he is in the enemy team comming to kill you and your CV cant do *Edited to help 

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,381 posts
13,782 battles

- feeds a Minotaur 50 planes.

- comes to forum to complain about it

If you haven't noticed yet, you don't need to fly into Mino AA if you have an idea where he is.

Hint: It may be that smoke cloud with tons of shells coming out of it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 17
  • Bad 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,112 posts
6,564 battles

Today I meet a Saipan-Atlanta-Hood division when I was playing with my Kaga.

Yes, it´s a powercreep division. However I have more a mindset of "If I can't outplay them I'm a noob" even more when my team left the flag alone and I had to deal with six ships by myself.

The two things that should dissapear are the defensive fire consumable and being able to use your aa inside a smoke screen without being spotted.

• Bad 1

Players
133 posts
12,806 battles

3 things should disappear. Third one is whining about known game mechanics instead of working around them.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
1,761 posts
12,103 battles

He played 13 games solo and won 76.9% of them with a PR of 2571.

As for you farming him in ranked: he played 19 Midway battles ( with the WR you said ) and 136 Hakuryu with a WR of 59.5%.

So you telling me that he doesn't know how to play sounds a bit off.

By the looks of it he knows very well what he's doing, he's using the strength of his division to the maximum and you fell for it ( prove being the Mino's 50 plane kills ).

And yes, such a division is called a caner division, but we aint seen nothing yet. Enters the Worchester, it'll make these divisions even stronger. They certainly aren't fun to play against, but between the option of feeding them planes or simply ignoring their area I know which option I'd choose.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
739 posts
18,304 battles
10 minutes ago, Muppeteer said:

3 things should disappear. Third one is whining about known game mechanics instead of working around them.

Or just 3rd.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,752 posts
10,656 battles

Well, it's nothing new that the way CVs are implemented (iffy at times) coupled with the way AA builds are implemented (ridiculously stupid) and CV population (very low) and CV mirroring (necessary) lead to what basically comes down to an exploit.

I won't agree on one thing, however: it's not the problem of Minotaur, or even Rooster. It's mainly the problem of AA skills and upgrades. If these thing would just tweak the stats of a ship a little, everything would be pretty ok. Sure, CV divisions would still include good AA ships but this would be on the level of division synergy seen in other classes. Unfortunately, WG created a system where it's not the ship stats that make the most difference - it's the build. A good AA ship is still mediocre if you don't invest in AA at all. The same ship becomes an absolute monster if fully outfitted. The AA build is both very costly AND has tremendous impact. What it means (with current high tier CV population) is that:

1. A division with top AA ships built for AA can deny half the map easily (depending on the map: literally without any effort).

2. A solo ship (not divisioned with a CV) is unlikely to run AA build because the big advantage in that 1 out of 5 match against a CV isn't worth the cost of wasting a significant part of your build in the other 4 of 5.

The result? CV division is not just composed or ships with good synergy - it also has a build that's sub-optimal for solo players but gives them a BIG edge in this particular scenario that they have 100% chance of seeing (being in a CV game). Due to that, any solo CV player is screwed big time from the very beginning. Is it possible to play around good AA ships with AA build? Sure. But this is the CV equivalent of being a DD in a battle where the enemy has 4 Radars and your team none. Yes, Radars aren't an insurmountable obstacle, but I still wouldn't exactly bet on the green team being very successful at capping.

• Cool 4

[AS13]
Players
1,838 posts
2,013 battles
58 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

you will remember that guy when he is in the enemy team comming to kill you and your CV cant do shi1t to help 

I only found 10% matches in which the CV was particularly helpful and I have been playing for a year.

Last match I have given him 'good karma' the max 7 times, LOL. 

Usually, what CV players tend to do is kill the BB or CL you were just about to take out anyway, shots out.

And they do not spot any other ships, nor do they try to delay or kill or whatever way be useful. 

And then they whine when you all bugger off and leave them to fend for themselves (or farm for themselves). 

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,429 posts
11,419 battles

Ok, first of all, thanks to the great drawing skills of OP, I can tell you that CV is female and not a "he".

Second, one Minotaur is no reason to cry. Just don't fly near it and work on the other side of the map. Mino shooting down 50 planes is clearly only your fault, not Mino's.

Third: Yes, AA, especially in hightier, is too fukkin strong :cap_rambo:

It's ok when there is one AA-cancer-cruiser, maybe two, but currently the meta is more like 4-5 AA cruisers and that makes playing CV absolutely terrible. 4 DMs or Minos block the whole map and you can't do crap as CV.

But it's no use to talk about that. Everything will change with the Rework and WG won't put additional ressources into the current CV gameplay. (And I don't want them to do that.)

For good or for worse, we will know when it's here.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,177 posts
6,766 battles

A potato division wouldn't get 85% WR, not for more than a couple of games. So that already doesn't line up. Also that looks like a hurricane clan so... Yeah, haven't heard of too many potatoes in those.

Then if we really look who the real potato in that situation was - I can see their Mino has 50 plane kills farmed up... Almost like you spoon-fed them to him :fish_palm:

Players
46 posts
7,104 battles

1. I am a girl

2. who needed 597 Battles for rank 1 this season?

3. anyway you did not bad in the ranked games. I told that to my mates @ the start of the game. But now it sounds more like there is so much salt when tears dry ...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 11

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,218 battles
On 22/06/2018 at 11:18 PM, El2aZeR said:

- feeds a Minotaur 50 planes.

- comes to forum to complain about it

If you haven't noticed yet, you don't need to fly into Mino AA if you have an idea where he is.

Hint: It may be that smoke cloud with tons of shells coming out of it.

- sees a topic in forum .

- not read it and understand it .

- sh1tting a comment that has no point .

If you haven't noticed yet,  i am good enough in cv t io know where to fly my planes .

Hint : maybe look at my badge , its that shiny thing near my name that tells you i know  play a CV and you dont need to give me any advice . 

On 22/06/2018 at 11:58 PM, 159Hunter said:

By the looks of it he knows very well what he's doing, he's using the strength of his division to the maximum and you fell for it ( prove being the Mino's 50 plane kills ).

And yes, such a division is called a caner division, but we aint seen nothing yet. Enters the Worchester, it'll make these divisions even stronger. They certainly aren't fun to play against, but between the option of feeding them planes or simply ignoring their area I know which option I'd choose.

exellent comment , but you have to understand what i am complaining   about exaclty , its the sheer AA RANGE  of the ship not the AA itself .

wwhen i am a CV player watching a team mate going to get hit by a full strike from midway  i must do something about it even if it involves sending fighters inside near that minotaur ... and as of the player himself , trust me he doesnt even know how to strafe properly ,  why should even learn to , if his mino kills 50 planes every game . 

• Cool 1

Players
2,141 posts
16,674 battles
5 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

- sees a topic in forum .

- not read it and understand it .

- sh1tting a comment that has no point .

If you haven't noticed yet,  i am good enough in cv t io know where to fly my planes .

Hint : maybe look at my badge , its that shiny thing near my name that tells you i know  play a CV and you dont need to give me any advice . 

130k dmg with a Tier X has Nothing to do with skill :D

DMG farming is so easy if you just Focus on it so thats no arguement at all.

LG

Justice

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,429 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, wot_chikor sagte:

exellent comment , but you have to understand what i am complaining   about exaclty , its the sheer AA RANGE  of the ship not the AA itself .

wwhen i am a CV player watching a team mate going to get hit by a full strike from midway  i must do something about it even if it involves sending fighters inside near that minotaur ... and as of the player himself , trust me he doesnt even know how to strafe properly ,  why should even learn to , if his mino kills 50 planes every game . 

Yeah, why should she use strafes that are easy to counter when the enemy CV is stupid enough to send all his planes into the Minotaur AA?

• Funny 1

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,218 battles
On 6/23/2018 at 12:24 AM, Xairen said:

1. I am a girl

2. who needed 597 Battles for rank 1 this season?

3. anyway you did not bad in the ranked games. I told that to my mates @ the start of the game. But now it sounds more like there is so much salt when tears dry ...

first of all i have many games in ranked because its actualy my first rank ever ( last ranked was  my first but i didnt try hard it )and because there is not enough cv players in ranked so i had to player other classes that i am not good at . 

anyway , all in all i think you a are poor  less than average cv player ( no offence its just what i  think ) and i have played vs you in ranked and witnessed your skills 1 vs 1 ,,, not just you but many other CV mains that i know from randoms they couldnt do mush in ranked because of the same situation , they are poor players who rely always on division 

On 6/23/2018 at 1:24 AM, absolute_justice said:

130k dmg with a Tier X has Nothing to do with skill :D

DMG farming is so easy if you just Focus on it so thats no arguement at all.

LG

Justice

i still have screenshots of my games vs you in ranked :) and the winrate i got vs you btw :)  

you might not remember me but i do ...

so please comment on the subject ,,,,  and lets not take it personally 

Players
2,141 posts
16,674 battles
16 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

i still have screenshots of my games vs you in ranked :) and the winrate i got vs you btw :)  

you might not remember me but i do ...

so please comment on the subject ,,,,  and lets not take it personally 

i have all my Ranked games  on twitch - you can look them up and you will see that YOU WERE NOT the reason  why i lost These games....

But it is fine - think what you want :D

LG

Justice

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,218 battles
Just now, absolute_justice said:

i have all my Ranked games  on twitch - you can look them up and you will see that YOU ARE NOT the reason that why we lost....

But it is fine - think what you want :D

LG

Justice

oh yes that 4  win streak vs you wass defently me getting 4 good teams in a row while i played bad and you played good with your 4-2-2 set up .

anyway i was wondering why would you come aside with the girl ( cv player in the screenshot )  against me . and then something stroke me . 

you are also a player that rely on AA divisions for stats and i also remember making a joke of that when was playing vs you once . 

this girl , you ,  the CV player from rain called thisissheep , i noticed that all of  you are average players who rely 100% on AA divisions while you had massive struggle in ranked 

• Boring 1

Players
922 posts
8,443 battles
32 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Yeah, why should she use strafes that are easy to counter when the enemy CV is stupid enough to send all his planes into the Minotaur AA?

I have seen this myself when an allied CV gets his planes chewed to pulp by AA heavy enemy ships. I have often told a CV to draw enemy planes close too me if I drive my GK or other high AA ships, to be totally ignored for the CV ultimately wants the kills for himself regardless of the fact his aircraft are slaughtered by ships such as the Minotaur.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles
13 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

you are also a player that rely on AA divisions for stats and i also remember making a joke of that when was playing vs you once . 

did someone forbid you to get in div with AA ships? do it yourself too. and lets see if you are gonna have high wr like many good CV players who enjoy playing in divi with their clanamtes. 

hint: you probably wont :)

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,218 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Oh, good, I'm not in that list :Smile_trollface:

i dont remember you  , i only remember the guys that i come across multiple times .

but if you want a true list here is one .

the bad cv players : there is some of them .

the less than average cv players : the gril from this screenshot , thisissheep   ect ..

the decent cv  players : i would include justice ..k4 .. adam ...fara ... ect .

the  god tier cv players : very few of them ,,, one witch i played against : MaciejoVietnam

Players
2,141 posts
16,674 battles
20 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

oh yes that 4  win streak vs you wass defently me getting 4 good teams in a row while i played bad and you played good with your 4-2-2 set up .

anyway i was wondering why would you come aside with the girl ( cv player in the screenshot )  against me . and then something stroke me . 

this girl , you ,  the CV player from rain called thisissheep , i noticed that all of  you are average players who rely 100% on AA divisions while you had massive struggle in ranked 

We never played 4 times in a row against each other - first lie :D

I outplayed you but if my Team decides to waste themself or to just overextend Nothing i can do About it :D

Anyway - you have your opinion i have mine - it is fine how it is :D

LG

Justice

• Funny 1