krfsm

Is superintendent worth it for Giulio Cesare?

11 comments in this topic

[WTFNO]
Players
1 post
1,724 battles

I'm about to pick my third skill for my GC captain, and the standard choice of superintendent feels lackluster. Sure, it's 7.6k extra health, but only if I can stay alive to use it. So far I've never run out of heals in a match. (Just 10 games, though.)

Main alternatives would be vigilance or BoS. So, I'm thinking of skipping SI altogether and take one of the others now and the other after getting CE and FP. Is this wise?

[BYOB]
Players
3,071 posts
11,037 battles

Both Vigilance and Basics of Survivability are better options for the GC.

I went for Vigilance for my GC captain, but that's because my 14p skill is Fire Prevention. In the end you'll need both BoS and FP, as fire  is GC's Achilles heel.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,220 posts
6,782 battles

SI on any ship is worth only if you regularly run out of a consumable, thus you'd need more. I always take it as my 1st 3pt skill as I get to 4...5 heals almost every game, if you don't - it's waste of points

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,240 battles

I took SI because I'm a cruiser main and I had no better idea. As the points start rolling in, I'll prolly take BoS along with it.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,536 battles
On 2018-06-22 at 8:03 PM, krfsm said:

I'm about to pick my third skill for my GC captain, and the standard choice of superintendent feels lackluster. Sure, it's 7.6k extra health, but only if I can stay alive to use it. So far I've never run out of heals in a match. (Just 10 games, though.)

Main alternatives would be vigilance or BoS. So, I'm thinking of skipping SI altogether and take one of the others now and the other after getting CE and FP. Is this wise?

The running of premium consumables is more important, For reduced cooldown. BoS is a good option.

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,155 battles

The Giulio Cesare has the speed and the concealment statistics to allow a good battleship captain (read: better than I am, though I keep trying) to dictate engagements fairly often. If handled well, this can give her the opportunity to use that extra heal a little more often than would otherwise be the case. I have taken the 'Superintendent' skill as my first pick on level three, but I can't really say whether it is better than 'Basics of Survivability'. I would recommend either of those skills before 'Vigilance', though, since a little preemptive manoeuvring can go a long way to avoid torpedoes even without the extra warning. Never sail in a straight line!

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
561 posts
3,251 battles

I really prefer the extra heal. You can heal back up that fire damage you recieved. I tend to play her somewhat aggressively. Also the guns are lacking range imh so I just play her like a heavy battle cruiser.   

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,610 posts
5,167 battles

It can be rare to use more than 3 heals (with the cooldowns), but having a 4th (or even 5th in some cases) up your sleeve can be very handy some times.

Players
2,339 posts
6,669 battles
12 hours ago, Linkaex said:

I really prefer the extra heal. You can heal back up that fire damage you recieved. I tend to play her somewhat aggressively. Also the guns are lacking range imh so I just play her like a heavy battle cruiser.   

I play her kinda like I would play my Kongo.

I also feel like the range is a bit lacking, but this isn't a problem for GC anyway.

I did use SI but don't really think the heal signal is needed on GC when already selected SI.

I don't use a fire prevention captain skill, I can just cloak and heal it all back and I think the extra heal is a bit more versatile. I run the premium heal. I use skillz to prevent GC from melting due to too many fires.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,137 posts
5,909 battles

My first choice as 3 point skill was SI. One extra heal is always welcome for any BB IMO.