Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HidingBehindTheIsland

Hotkey Reserved

13 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts

Hello.. I just wanted to throw this out there..

I cannot use certain keys in any key slot,, like right mouse for gun camera.. I had send a ticket of this more then 2 months ago and havent played since then and after they said it will be fixed the next 2 updates..

Seriously Wargaming why restrict keys?? I dont have fancy mouse with 5 extra buttons and neither do I want it,, but ow no if I want to use the most basic thing on my mouse..

I heard more people had this problem and if there is any new fix plz let me know cause I want to play again but not with a handicap AGAIN.. 

Out of topic Im playing on a laptop and the keys on the keyboard seem to die fast so already had to adjust certain keys in the game,, basicly ive always had isseus but this is straight up restricting me from using a key for no reason..

Srry if this already a topix but i can never find this stuff,, but the more attention it gets the quicker it might be fixed I hope

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,307 posts
11,684 battles

Right and left mouse buttons are fixed.

The only way to change them to go into preferences.xml in the game folder.

If you search the forum enough you will find it.

You can go and dig in into my posts.. 3 to 4 months back.

I got the advice from someone and it worked.

But I forgot what did I do :)

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
7,090 battles

What do you mean gun camera?

Currently my rmb when is pressed it allows me to move the camera around the ship freely without changing the aim of the guns.
What exactly you wanna achieve?

[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,096 battles
1 hour ago, sotiris_warrior said:

since the last update it dosnt let me bind G key anywhere keeps saying hotkey reserved, iv send a ticket but my hopes are low

Somebody said G key is reserved for future anti-submarine weapon. They also advise to press Ctrl+J in substitution. That command turn on/off all auxiliary info  of the ship while playing. I don't know if this is what you are looking for, or if you want to change how that key action return while playing the game. Have a great weekend.

Players
1,183 posts
7,237 battles
7 hours ago, sotiris_warrior said:

since the last update it dosnt let me bind G key anywhere keeps saying hotkey reserved, iv send a ticket but my hopes are low

yeah same here, my G key was bound to turn off/on AA and secondaries.

I had to bind another one...

[IJS]
Players
47 posts
25,639 battles
On 2/14/2020 at 9:22 PM, sotiris_warrior said:

SInce TODAY i have the same issue, 4 day's after the update, untill yesterday it worked fine, I use "G" for my 4th consumable, with CV it still works........

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,042 battles
On 2/14/2020 at 10:32 PM, neorvo said:

Somebody said G key is reserved for future anti-submarine weapon. They also advise to press Ctrl+J in substitution. That command turn on/off all auxiliary info  of the ship while playing. I don't know if this is what you are looking for, or if you want to change how that key action return while playing the game. Have a great weekend.

since you can rebind anything else, there's no point in reserving G now ...

• Cool 1

Players
1,228 posts
Vor 12 Minuten, Hugh_Ruka sagte:

Subs might be closer then you think.

Underwater is already part of the Client.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,042 battles
1 hour ago, CastorTolagi said:

Subs might be closer then you think.

Underwater is already part of the Client.

that's not the point ...

[PRASE]
Players
127 posts
8,010 battles
On 2/17/2020 at 3:24 PM, Hugh_Ruka said:

I have same problem and unfortunately "anything else" is not so suitable as "G". I used "G" to switch torps that suits me better than "3" (while "1" and "2" are substituted by mouse buttons 4 and 5).

By the way an alphabetical list of default reserved keys (permanent or temporary, visible or hidden) would be very helpful to me. Might be this is the reason why I can not find any. Please was anybody more successful than me?

Modder
5,055 posts
22,890 battles
3 hours ago, walik_hracka said:

I have same problem and unfortunately "anything else" is not so suitable as "G". I used "G" to switch torps that suits me better than "3" (while "1" and "2" are substituted by mouse buttons 4 and 5).

By the way an alphabetical list of default reserved keys (permanent or temporary, visible or hidden) would be very helpful to me. Might be this is the reason why I can not find any. Please was anybody more successful than me?

You can do almost whatever You want with key ramapping by doing changes in file /command_mapping/preset_keyboard_1.xml

Key "G" is used for submarines for something called "siege mode" and for deploying depth charges in other ships .

Unpack this file by wowsunpacker utility and copy to You mod folder.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this