Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
callumwaw

American Cruiser Collection - impossible to collect all???

89 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[HAERT]
Players
87 posts
6,093 battles

Maybe I'm missing something, but: 

 

- there are 48 elements in the American Cruiser Collection

- every time you complete one of the Indianapolis Marathon missions, you get a container with an element of the Collection,

- there are only 26 missions in the Indianapolis Marathon, so you can get a maximum of 26 containers, which is 26 collectables (assuming you have no duplicates). 

 

So how do you get the remaining elements of the Collection? Do you have to pay for more containers in the shop (they are horrendously expensive), or will there be other missions that drop American Cruisers Collection items in the future, after the Indianapolis Marathon is over? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
4,195 posts
5,167 battles

Go to the collection and enable the "Collect". Then it will also drop from normal containers, like Yamamoto items.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,277 posts
12,164 battles

Correct me if I am wrong, but items of the collection can drop from regular daily containers too, which means that over time you will get all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
1,250 posts
16,901 battles

You can get items in daily containers. If you open two or all three containers, no matter which one, you can daily get one or two items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
1,782 posts
16,139 battles

you can get items from daily cont....ah someone already wrote it :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC-DK]
Players
2,168 posts
23,905 battles
22 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Go to the collection and enable the "Collect". Then it will also drop from normal containers, like Yamamoto items.

This!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Players
87 posts
6,093 battles

Thanks guys!  Just one more thing, can I get them from ANY daily container, or do I have to go for one particular type? (more camouflage/more consumables/etc.)

 

And, also, how long do we have to complete everything?  Is there a deadline beyond which they won't drop even from the daily containers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,155 posts
10,966 battles
1 minute ago, callumwaw said:

Thanks guys!  Just one more thing, can I get them from ANY daily container, or do I have to go for one particular type? (more camouflage/more consumables/etc.)

Any one is good.

 

1 minute ago, callumwaw said:

And, also, how long do we have to complete everything?  Is there a deadline beyond which they won't drop even from the daily containers?

I don't think there's any explicit time limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CRU_]
Players
147 posts
5,933 battles

You can also buy them in the shop, they come with 20 of the special signals plus collection items, and the primary reason people buy them, JACKPOT ships, and gambling addiction. I bought 12 and didn't get a ship, though i got a lot of signals that are horrifically overpriced because of impulse control errors in my character.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

I just noticed the other day that I got some items with the daily containers, maybe you can get some the same way ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
454 posts
1,617 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Go to the collection and enable the "Collect". Then it will also drop from normal containers, like Yamamoto items.

Mind blown – I now can't believe how long I've spent not knowing this. I'd always kinda assumed it would just be for higher-tier players or something. Will do this later, always wanted the alternative IJN camo schemes... Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,023 posts
3,675 battles
38 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Mind blown – I now can't believe how long I've spent not knowing this. I'd always kinda assumed it would just be for higher-tier players or something. Will do this later, always wanted the alternative IJN camo schemes... Thanks!

For Yamamoto, you have to have gotten a Yamamoto-container first (either bought, or from the final stage of the Yamamoto-campaign), for Halsey, an American container (which you can buy, or earn via the Hit Hard Campaign, or the Indianapolis-missions), it won't start collecting before it gets triggered by that container. So for Yamamoto, it's either pay up for some containers, or play T8+ ships for quite a while to get through the missions.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Players
87 posts
6,093 battles

Thanks guys, this forum is a proper mine of knowledge. And, interestingly, nobody called me a "noob" or an "idiot"!  :) 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,462 posts
3,725 battles
5 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

Thanks guys, this forum is a proper mine of knowledge. And, interestingly, nobody called me a "noob" or an "idiot"!  :) 

People here tend to be pretty friendly so long as the topic creator is open to learn and not spouting out nonsense and acting like he/she knows all.

Also helps if the topic isnt one of the millions we've had with some variant of "change X", "nerf Y", "buff Z", which are all typically woefully misinformed or just outright wrong.

Good luck and have fun completing your collections.:Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,252 posts
10,547 battles
2 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

Except supercontainers maybe? Only speaking from experience.

Imagine a SC that just contains 5 collectibles  ..

 

 

5 duplicates :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC-DK]
Players
2,168 posts
23,905 battles
1 minute ago, lup3s said:

Imagine a SC that just contains 5 collectibles  ..

 

 

5 duplicates :Smile_trollface:

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,585 posts
6,874 battles
12 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Imagine a SC that just contains 5 collectibles  ..

 

 

5 duplicates :Smile_trollface:

1 per container, no need to get generous with 5 :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,252 posts
10,547 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

1 per container, no need to get generous with 5 :Smile_trollface:

 

Ok ok.

1 non-duplicate and 1 duplicate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,585 posts
6,874 battles
5 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Ok ok.

1 non-duplicate and 1 duplicate

Guaranteed non-duplicate = still generous :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
454 posts
1,617 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

For Yamamoto, you have to have gotten a Yamamoto-container first (either bought, or from the final stage of the Yamamoto-campaign), for Halsey, an American container (which you can buy, or earn via the Hit Hard Campaign, or the Indianapolis-missions), it won't start collecting before it gets triggered by that container. So for Yamamoto, it's either pay up for some containers, or play T8+ ships for quite a while to get through the missions.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. Will have to give it a think then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,138 battles

I haven't even paid attention to this collection after it's release, and I have 41 out of the 48 items. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Try collecting your daily containers more often I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×