You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Max_Kammerer

No comment...

40 comments in this topic

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
252 posts
13,289 battles

Played over 1500 battles with Fletcher, but this and similar MMs (so common in these days...) offer a minimal chance for our team - Six radars vs. one. Dear WG managers, do you think that it's NORMAL and GOOD???

Bez názvu-1.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
1,418 posts
13,009 battles
5 minutes ago, antenociti said:

"its only temporary thing whilst the American cruiser arc is ongoing..."    ¬_¬

Just like 5 BB's pr team is a temporary thing during the release of German BB's.....

Don't worry they said. It will go back to normal they said. 

Almost two years later........... :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 10
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Players
62 posts
8,866 battles

Unfortunatly it's not that uncommon, it will get even worse with the new US line of light CL's. It's why I've stopped playing DD's even though they were my favourite class ( 64% of my games were played in them but not playing them anymore so that will drop ).

• Cool 1

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
252 posts
13,289 battles

not only USN CAs, but also Kronstadt (very popular ship in T9-10) and whole new line of USN CLs... So situation will be much worse for long time... :(

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,047 posts
29,692 battles

Get prepared to see 3-4 Worcesters in each team when the ship is released! :cap_haloween::Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
1,840 posts
6,137 battles

You can expect a "Too many seal clubbing Kamikazes" thread after the US release :Smile_smile:

Any bets? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
742 posts
18,304 battles
10 minutes ago, Max_Kammerer said:

not only USN CAs, but also Kronstadt (very popular ship in T9-10) and whole new line of USN CLs... So situation will be much worse for long time... :(

+ Stalingrad on its way.

What worries me is that you count Missouris in. :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,074 battles

Still prefer to be in a Fletcher than a Yorck though. Poor guy :Smile_sad:

I agree that it's becoming an issue. The radars are becoming too common, but also all these unnerfable 'Special' ships that are starting to show up more and more often.

• Cool 3

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,582 battles

Yet ANOTHER post of a dd player crying about not being able to sit on it's smoke screen and shoot at will.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 11

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
6 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Yet ANOTHER post of a dd player crying about not being able to sit on it's smoke screen and shoot at will.

Yeah, because such a radar saturation obviously ONLY impacts DD players that want to do nothing but sit in their smoke and pew-pew all game and NOTHING else at all. Nor is the fact that on side half the team has radars which can be used to cover literally every important spot on the map and the other side has only one radar ship whose map coverage is comparatively negligible.

Maybe you should start playing DDs a bit and get to the high-tiers in them to see how much radar actually influences how a DD can play near its presence and then enlighten us scrubs how half the enemy team having radar, being able to employ overlapping coverage and possibly chaining multiple radars after another is nothing more than a minor inconvenience and how people pointing out such hilariously lopsided radar distribution are obviously just potatoes who want to cheese with smokefiring or some such deriding yadda yadda.

Come on ...

• Cool 11

[HAERT]
Players
2,101 posts
40 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

What the hell are you complaining about? You're a self confessed mid tier CV seal clubber where the DD's have no meaningful AA. I know several rather good CV players who LOVE to see a DD smoke up as they are pretty much guaranteed a free kill, plus you effectively remove a DD's torpedo effectiveness by spotting them.

There are an awful lot of radar ships around just now and they do dramatically impact what DD's can do as torpedoing at 9+Km (minimum radar range) is a matter of luck or potato enemies who're totally oblivious.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,199 posts
6,775 battles

Bcuz, clearly, balancing it 3v4 radars was "not" possible :fish_palm:

Also according to the last Q&A in mismatched games like this both teams apparently still have more or less equal chance to win. Equal chance my a**, absolute bs

• Cool 4

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
252 posts
13,289 battles
57 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

...oh boy, you have a zero idea about playing of hight tiers destroyers. You are good in low tier CVs, that's all. So, please don't tell me something about sitting in smoke (...I never use this tactics, it's virtually impossible in the high tier battles nowadays). 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,065 posts
11,010 battles

Remember guys and girls, we are a small minority of all players. The overwhelming majority likes the current meta and doesn't want any changes to the MM. /S

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,766 posts
12,107 battles
19 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Remember guys and girls, we are a small minority of all players. The overwhelming majority likes the current meta and doesn't want any changes to the MM. /S

Well, another WG created meta: the Halsey campaign has loads and loads of US CA/CL missions in it and the changes in the US CA/CL lines.

If only they could balance out this meta with weekly missions that would require people to play other ships, then they might reduce this meta a bit.

As for the radar imbalance, WG's "magical" numbers say it's ok... ?? Maybe some balancing in numbers might be needed

• Cool 2

Players
258 posts
12,320 battles

Has become a case of approach cap with extreme caution and only choose a cap with a safe exit, even if that means crossing the map. Get lit up with radar and focused, flee cap and then get abused by half the team for not contesting the cap. I suppose the alternative is to comply with the BBs wishes and contest the cap, die and get abused by half the team for getting killed early.

A more successful strategy is to ignore cap and try to flank and spot, call targets for the BBs which they generally ignore and abuse you for not capping.

7 hours ago, principat121 said:

fun & engaging

This

• Cool 2

[TS1]
Players
523 posts
7,592 battles
7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Also according to the last Q&A in mismatched games like this both teams apparently still have more or less equal chance to win. Equal chance my a**, absolute bs

Honestly, I care less about the power level of that imbalance in radars compated to the decrease in fun you have as a DD (not counting Kebab) when up against that kind of odds.

[WGP2W]
Players
1,419 posts
9,939 battles

I will just say one sentence...

Remember when RN BB HAD radar too? XD

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,615 battles
8 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Hilarious from a player who can only be minimally influential in mid tier carriers. Ships that, as everybody knows, take massive risks sending their planes to strike across the map.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Despite being usually not too concerned with Radar ships when playing DDs, this becomes really annoying. 

WG should have known that beforehand and introduced BB missions to counter the radar spam or keep it at least in check. 

I said it many times before, I say it again: releasing a new line is nice and dandy and of course always welcome, it does however frak up the MM for very long periods which is not welcome at all. 

I wouldn‘ mind waiting a bit longer for WG to release two lines at once  , preferably lines which counter each other. 

This suggestion is of course not ideal, but WG seems to be willing to take any route except the direct one: fixing the MM itself to balance radar ships distribution for both teams. 

• Cool 5

[MJK]
Players
208 posts
7,249 battles
1 hour ago, Runegrem said:

Honestly, I care less about the power level of that imbalance in radars compated to the decrease in fun you have as a DD (not counting Kebab) when up against that kind of odds.

Im not even enjoying the Kebab much the last weeks as it also suffers in cruiser-heavy meta. Kebab eats other dds and can burn down BBs but being focused by multiple CA/CLs is hard to deal with. Torp boats seem to be doing best for me right now. :cap_yes:

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,582 battles

Pff, the excuses still happens. I don't need to play them. But I DO suffer them. Ocationally when I take a spin on a bb I see these damn things torpedoing out of range and sitting in smoke screens. Like saying "nya nya, you can't see me!"

Thats another reason of why I spect my cruisers to hunt down dds.

Also, all the time I do go to the frontline with my carriers. So I risk alot too.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
13 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Pff, the excuses still happens. I don't need to play them.

If your limited experience in playing DDs is what genuinely resulted in such a nonsensical attitude then yes, you need to play them. If you wish your opinion to be taken halfway seriously that is.

• Cool 1