You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Earthglade

Roon Captain

3 comments in this topic

[1805]
[1805]
Players
13 posts
3,733 battles

Hi, recently new to the game about 1 year.

i need some help on Roon.

at present I have an 11 point captain on her,

i have a 17 point captain on my Bismarck, I am trying to play Roon mostly...

question shall I change captains and if so what skills should I use on my Roon.

any help would be apriciated ...?

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles

Suggestion :

Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Super Intendent, Concealment Expert on the first 10 points.

Adv. Firing Training, Demolition Expert, Expert Marskman when you reach him to 19 points.

Well, if you dont play the Bismarck much and want to change your carrier to cruiser, yes.

You ve reached tier 9 in the Roon, an at least 14 point cpt is recommended that high up.

Cheers

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,793 posts
7,737 battles
28 minutes ago, tank276 said:

Suggestion :

Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Super Intendent, Concealment Expert on the first 10 points.

Adv. Firing Training, Demolition Expert, Expert Marskman when you reach him to 19 points.

Well, if you dont play the Bismarck much and want to change your carrier to cruiser, yes.

You ve reached tier 9 in the Roon, an at least 14 point cpt is recommended that high up.

Cheers

mostly that :cap_like: a few comments on it:

• For the Roon (and Hindenburg) you'll do fine with an 11pointer - the first ten points are the really key skills, you dont particularly need any of the following ones. Maybe get the twelfth to grab Expert Marksman, or 13 for DemoExpert, but those don't really make or break the ship.
  • I really like having Expert Loader on my German cruisers because of how strong both the AP and HE are in the correct situations (and how mediocre in the wrong situations). Never felt like I particularly needed Expert Marksman, so my build skips that and grabs Expert Loader and Incoming Fire Altert or Preventative Maintenance instead.
  • You can very viably just ignore the AA (skipping Advanced Firing Training from tank's suggestion in the process) and go full DD hunter mode with the fantastic German hydroacoustic. Probably better to wait until Hindenburg with that, because Roon's turret setup is sorta suboptimal for pushing a DD, but then you could take something like Radio Location, or even Vigilance plus a 1ptr skill (see above, lets you keep Expert Marksman). Your base AA is still reasonably solid, and any CV worth his salt will know how ridiculous Hinden AA can be with Defensive running, so they'll tend to give you a very wide berth just on principle. Does mean that you can't protect your team from planes though.
  • Cool 1