You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Muppeteer

Defence of naval station

12 comments in this topic

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles

Had forgotten that if you defend the circle until the timer runs out you get a friendly cv instead of an unfriendly enemy one spawning. Since I was playing cv im not sure I appreciate having less planes to shoot down (wiped every plane that launched before fighters had to reload, then that was it). Maybe enemy should get a zuiho or something ;)

• Bad 1

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
99 posts
4,951 battles

No, just no.  Wishing for an entire Hiryu full of TBs/DBs is not something I will ever do when apparently most player CVs who turn up in that op can't stop any of them, not least because it has usually 2/2/2 layout and you're probably 1/2/2 Ryu or 1/1/1 Indy so the fighters have some issues coping at that point.  If 3/1/1 Ryu then yes you can handle it better - but you picked the wrong loadout just in case the Hiryu appeared, which it then does partly because you can't do as much damage with that loadout and the perimeter is more likely to breach.  If you do manage to obliterate every enemy plane from it before they can drop then great but you're rare - I'm still happiest when the Izumo spawns instead, not least because we also get Lexington DBs to help out and our potato CV can happily send all his planes to be obliterated by the Myoko without anyone caring.   It's a bit mean than the Hiryu appears when the team is doing badly, because it is much, much harder to deal with on average than an Izumo with a friendly Lex.  

Also, perhaps you don't get to blap as many bot planes but you do get to torp/burn a T9 BB with bad AA to death, and that's always fun.

For the record, and as an example,  yesterday I had a game where I (in QE) ended the game with 30 plane kills - and our CV had 9.  Most of those kills were me and Koko-whatsitsname dueling at the end with no help whatsoever from the friendly CV.  

[FDUSH]
Players
1,122 posts
6,597 battles

Also if the Hiryu appears it means you just lost a star. (And no, killing it wouldn't give it back your fifth one)

[WTFNO]
Players
203 posts
4,716 battles
4 hours ago, Xanta99 said:

It's a bit mean than the Hiryu appears when the team is doing badly, because it is much, much harder to deal with on average than an Izumo with a friendly Lex. 

I think so too. The 'prevent breach' secondary objective can cost you much more than just one star.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles

So, I think you misunderstand my intentions. Was talking from the point of view of a cv who got 5 stars quite easily (inde) and late game I had very little to do apart from torp the izumo.

Last spawn if u do well (ie def cap) enemy should get a low tier cv. This means your amazingly helpful cv who is not a potato (less pejoratives pls) can avoid falling asleep late game. Many thanks.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
5 minutes ago, Muppeteer said:

This means your amazingly helpful cv who is not a potato (less pejoratives pls) can avoid falling asleep late game. Many thanks.

I always give compliment kudo karma to a well played CV.  But... man I wish I need that more often.

I do not even want to play CV for fear of getting contaminated with potato-disease. 

Most of them are not even potatoes, they are french fries. 

I've seen them torp themselves... or completely forget to steer,

pull a Notser, and get attacked from two sides ... :fish_sleep:

Just taking care of themselves racking up the points. And tghen complaining they get swamped.

Because they have not been helpful at all, and all their teammates (me in cluded) are dead. 

Because it is always the other sides CV (must be you...) who actually knows how to play. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,784 posts
10,685 battles
10 minutes ago, Muppeteer said:

So, I think you misunderstand my intentions. Was talking from the point of view of a cv who got 5 stars quite easily (inde) and late game I had very little to do apart from torp the izumo.

Last spawn if u do well (ie def cap) enemy should get a low tier cv. This means your amazingly helpful cv who is not a potato (less pejoratives pls) can avoid falling asleep late game. Many thanks.

If you're playing in what's one of the most enemy-heavy operations and lack of enemy planes makes you fall asleep if there are no enemy planes, you're doing something wrong (probably starting with picking wrong loadout if you're playing IJN CV that can pick and choose).

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles
16 minutes ago, eliastion said:

If you're playing in what's one of the most enemy-heavy operations and lack of enemy planes makes you fall asleep if there are no enemy planes, you're doing something wrong (probably starting with picking wrong loadout if you're playing IJN CV that can pick and choose).

Again misunderstood. When u murder all the bot planes from 1st spawn (apologies for the cvs u seemed to have been paired with) and then def the flag that's it. Not a lot more for cv to do apart from try and land perfect torp drops on izumo.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles

To clarify - enemy cv does not spawn if u doing well after first part. Pls add a lower tier cv ( we are winning after all) to last spawn.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles
35 minutes ago, eliastion said:

When second spawn arrives u have to kill 5 plane squads. This is easy. Enemy CV wont always die, but a decent cv will have killed all its bombers, and will do same after they launch again. At this pt enemy cv has no planes and dies, or has a few planes and dies. If, after this, you def flag - no more enemy cvs will spawn. Easy but boring.

Maybe too advanced for some. Say  hi in game and I will help.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,784 posts
10,685 battles
24 minutes ago, Muppeteer said:

Again misunderstood. When u murder all the bot planes from 1st spawn (apologies for the cvs u seemed to have been paired with) and then def the flag that's it. Not a lot more for cv to do apart from try and land perfect torp drops on izumo.

10 minutes ago, Muppeteer said:

When second spawn arrives u have to kill 5 plane squads. This is easy. Enemy CV wont always die, but a decent cv will have killed all its bombers, and will do same after they launch again. At this pt enemy cv has no planes and dies, or has a few planes and dies. If, after this, you def flag - no more enemy cvs will spawn. Easy but boring.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, there's much more for a CV to do than fighting enemy CVs. There is that, you know, whole enemy surface fleet to intercept. The scenario could just as well have 0 enemy CVs and your hands would still be full all the time. Or they should, at least. If you find yourself idling a lot, maybe you're sitting too far back making round trip for planes unnecessarily long? That's the one explanation I could come up with.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

Contrary to what you seem to believe, there's much more for a CV to do than fighting enemy CVs. There is that, you know, whole enemy surface fleet to intercept. The scenario could just as well have 0 enemy CVs and your hands would still be full all the time. Or they should, at least.

Sorry I should have been more specific and detailed the spotting and kills down to the last CA torped at 1km from circle. After they all dead that's it, nothing more to kill for your fighters. Enemy needs a cv.