You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AkosJaccik

In case we are ever going to be merged with WoT...

29 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,303 posts
9,548 battles

Yes!

HMS TOGII will finally get her deserved place in the Royal Navy!

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
17 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Yes!

HMS TOGII will finally get her deserved place in the Royal Navy!

Right! Historians tend to miss the point of these very advanced designs - similarly to for example the P.1000 Ratte.

"Hitler: I like it, but make it bigger."

"not Hitler: Aber mein Führer, even the Maus was a stupid idea!"

"Hitler: Oh, you think so? Just wait until this thing has to go against Conquerors!"

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,850 posts
6,153 battles

Im tring to imagine 12 tanks (maus) going against a Yamato.  :Smile_veryhappy:

Imagine the chatrage when you oneshot all 12 with one salvo lololol pricless

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
4 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Im tring to imagine 12 tanks (maus) going against a Yamato.  :Smile_veryhappy:

Imagine the chatrage when you oneshot all 12 with one salvo lololol pricless

Mice: "Gold noob!"

You: "...what gold?" :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,424 battles

Hang on theres a problem here..... what about DD's ? Surely their stealth Torps will be able to do somthing? As the carriers will happily spawn their aerial torps out of the nearest available rock near the said cluster of Mauses?

Players
382 posts

Repeat what I posted in another thread.

We returned from Cherbourg to the Normandy area on 29 June. The only area where Nelson's and Rodney's 16 inch guns could now reach was in the area around Caen. There was a British sector offensive there and the Germans were providing some tempting gun targets, perhaps thinking they were out of range of the 'Naval Artillery'.

The Chief of Staff of 9th Panzer Division wrote about Montgomery's Caen and Falaise Gap offensive after the war. He said:

"Now, if the Luftwaffe had been able to deal with the Allied Navies, and also stop the air attack, particularly the heavy shells of the battleships, the British and Canadian offensive would have fallen back into the ditch. Why, when one of these shells dropped near a Panther it was blown over on its side, just from the blast. It was the broadsides from the warships more than the defensive fighting of the enemy troops that halted our Panzers."

They gave me a Seafire. Commander R. 'Mike' Crosley, DSC, RN.

Players
27 posts
98 battles

I feel like the OP has failed to mention the extremely important feature of splash damage. For proper balance, this important feature must be accurately modeled. For example, a Yamato should have a splash damage of a mere 40 meters of instant death. While the powerful guns of the tanks should have a devastating 1 metre radius of damage.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

gr0.thumb.png.beb8a5767d752ae6e6369b1879

inb4 WoT players demanding arty nerfs, and the Yamato's HE shells just ends up stunning their entire team for the entire match :Smile_trollface:

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles

Finally, an actual serious, thoughtfully, objective and well worked through weekend thread! Okay technically in here before the weekend, but still, it happened, finally! :Smile_medal:

[NED]
Players
4,196 posts
11,706 battles

I have 1 hesitation in the math: did you take gold ammo into account for the Wehrmacht?

Awesome article OP. You really made my day.

Players
264 posts
6,970 battles

I mean i am a huge advocate of exploring all possible crossover options. 

But heres something i've never heard anyone about yet: 

Can you imagine the rage of a WoT player when a carrier player comes along and strikes their deadlock position with deadly accuracy, removing and IS7, and E100 AND a T110E5 in just 1 run, while ditching his torpedos on the destroyer that was supposed to give them some naval cover? XD

[XODUS]
Players
737 posts
4,212 battles

World of Tanks April fools mode

1 Battleship vs 30 TX Tanks

because there is no kill like overkill

• Cool 1

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

I have 1 hesitation in the math: did you take gold ammo into account for the Wehrmacht?

Hm, a reasonable concern.

Fortunately, I might have a contingency plan!

contingency_plan.thumb.png.b6a0b371d0cd3037d1d6d8029654d1e1.png

Edit: By the way, for some light and fun weekend activity, I did hide the entire WoWp playerbase on one of the pictures - see if you can find them! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 7

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,078 posts
6,718 battles

I beg to differs, land-based units clearly can compete with a Sci-Fi Yamato, so there's absolutely no reasons why steel-beasts (as long as they are russians) can't compete with WW2 ship design !

Proof in video. Real WW2 footage.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

Seeing the hate / rage caused by SPGs in WoT, imagine the hate / rage AP bombers will introduce :Smile_trollface:

Wooster or Des Moines vs 30 TX tanks :cap_rambo:

• Funny 2

[NED]
Players
4,196 posts
11,706 battles
3 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

Edit: By the way, for some light and fun weekend activity, I did hide the entire WoWp playerbase on one of the pictures - see if you can find them! :Smile_trollface:

Yes!! I did find them!

1.png.32188130e00e49c812dd9c96f1659c7e.png

2.gif

3.jpg

Players
382 posts
4 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Can you imagine the rage of a WoT player when a carrier player comes along and strikes their deadlock position with deadly accuracy, removing and IS7, and E100 AND a T110E5 in just 1 run, while ditching his torpedos on the destroyer that was supposed to give them some naval cover? XD

Can you imagine if the torpedo bombers were carrying normal bombs instead (which most could for dropping in level flight or a shallow dive). Or if a US Carrier's Avenger torpedo bombers and their Hellcat fighters were all carrying itty-bitty rockets made out of bits of pipe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Tim_(rocket)

"Common targets included coastal defense guns, bridges, pillboxes, tanks, and shipping." (emphasis mine).

(And kudos to Google... I searched for "Little Tom rocket" and first result was the Wiki page for the Tiny Tim)

[KAKE]
Players
792 posts
2,975 battles

The effectiveness of air support against armour has actually been shown to be rather overrated. I think the Military Aviation History youtube channel had a very good video on that subject. Attack planes were much more effective when raiding supply lines and against lightly armoured vehicles that are vulnerable to cannon fire.

On the other hand, WoT players who are bitching about single shots from howitzers are going to have an absolute fit when subjected to naval artillery...

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,299 battles
6 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I mean i am a huge advocate of exploring all possible crossover options.

I have a great crossover idea, sadly it's so lewd I can't even post it on forums without getting instabanned and Interpol'd.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles

I think you'd have a hard time explaining how all those FF-ing tanks came on that ff-ing island... 

But BRING IT ON. I'd also like to do planes, we'd need a bigger map though. Or a bigger boat?

Players
382 posts
3 hours ago, Uglesett said:

The effectiveness of air support against armour has actually been shown to be rather overrated. I think the Military Aviation History youtube channel had a very good video on that subject. Attack planes were much more effective when raiding supply lines and against lightly armoured vehicles that are vulnerable to cannon fire.

On the other hand, WoT players who are bitching about single shots from howitzers are going to have an absolute fit when subjected to naval artillery...

I think I've seen the same video, and the aircraft would be better off with a spread of smaller rockets against almost any tank (or at least any that existed or existed as more than a prototype or two). Descriptions of air attacks in the books I've read have also been more against artillery/strongholds and against convoys of vehicles (kill some at each end to block them in and then kill the rest). But I still think it's fun the USA put together a rocket like that from pipe that was already being manufactured and with a warhead made from an existing bomb, can almost hear the A-Team theme. :Smile-_tongue:

Probably a weapon best left outside of WoWs though, be a nasty shock if the Torpedo bombers come in and rather than having a chance to dodge they suddenly fired those at you. Be a nastier shock though if you were ignoring some fighters and they did the same thing... :cap_wander: