You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
morgoroth

What is this [edited]?

51 comments in this topic

[_OPC_]
Players
364 posts
11,426 battles

Q14/15: Are there any plans to up the rewards for spotting and tanking damage while reducing them for dealing damage, as those actions have a more-than-insignificant impact on the outcome of a battle? Also, were there any considerations for implementing a small bonus for assisted damage through smoking up teammates, or a bonus for blocking a capture zone?

A14/15: The economy rewards are more or less fine now. We did tweak them in the past, and support activities got better. They will never be on the same level with damage and capping though, as these are the main player activities, and main activities people enjoy.

What the [edited]is this [edited]??

• Cool 9

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles

Remember, the WG devs play a different game in which the things that win games in our game don't matter. /s

This answer just shows how divorced from the reality of the team game WoWS is. Selfish unhelpful actions are rewarded, team play is not.

• Cool 16

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
667 posts
6,740 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Remember, the WG devs play a different game in which the things that win games in our game don't matter. /s

This answer just shows how divorced from the reality of the team game WoWS is. Selfish unhelpful actions are rewarded, team play is not.

yep, and  in the q/a there are also other examples of this 

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
3,367 posts
8,384 battles

While I don't share the same sentiment as the other posters here, it is worth noting that we here in the forums are only a tiny minority of the playerbase. A vocal one, but tiny nevertheless. Thus the average player is indeed the guy that stays rather back to farm damage instead of tanking for the team. Will rather sit in smoke in cap rather than spot outside.

So WG just does what I deem to be the most profitable way for them: Doing something for the majority of the playerbase: The casuals.

I asked a similar question: WG is fine with the current high tier economy.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles

Most answers left the sense that WG people themselves generally don't bother playing the game further than reaching 1x tier 4 ship. This question was no exception.

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles

Funny how they say capping counts as a "main" activity. Rewards from that are not even close to how much you get from damage. Last Ranked season showed that pretty clearly.

• Cool 4

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles
2 hours ago, AnotherDuck said:

Funny how they say capping counts as a "main" activity. Rewards from that are not even close to how much you get from damage. Last Ranked season showed that pretty clearly.

only successful capping ....

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,772 posts
12,163 battles

Well, I guess I'll give Yuro's DM build a go then and sit in the back. No need to spot anymore as WG thinks this is fine?

Seriously, main activity is damage farming? Was that employee drunk or something?

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,846 battles
5 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Seriously, main activity is damage farming? 

I usually play fairly aggressively (due to a low boredom threshold), and it often doesn't go well. Lately, I've noticed that when I look at the minimap, when it goes wrong quickly, even more people than usual are further away from the enemy than they were when the battle started...!

It seems to be getting more frequent too, but that may be confirmation bias on my part...

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,784 posts
10,685 battles
17 minutes ago, _LordLucan said:

only successful capping ....

Even then. I think three solo caps are equal one ship dead from 100%.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,897 battles

This has been a bugbear of mine for some time. Often smoke up team mates and spot on a push for whole match and come near bottom. Spotted dmg is rewarded but as soon as they start shooting, people miles away can see them so you get no more. Is good teamplay with little rewards.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

Of course people enjoy damage farming, they're constantly fed dopamine shots by the number popup, hit sound effects, and the detailed statistics in the corner. This even plays into BB popularity, with larger numbers coming less often and less reliably — these things encourage addictive and persistent player activity to finally get that 30k salvo.

I do wish capping XP was based on how many points you both earn and damage off of enemies, rather than on successful capture, so then contesting caps would be consistently rewarded. The unclear way defence ribbons seem to (not) work makes them an inadequate incentive, especially when the most popular class (BB) gets fewer of them popping up due to fewer rounds on target.

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

time spent in a cap that is trying to change state before it actually changes state (or you exit)  would be better, arrive at last second, get very little, contest an untaken cap get rewarded, contest an uncap attempt , get rewarded, die trying , get rewarded, do nothing , get nothing...

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles
2 hours ago, eliastion said:

Even then. I think three solo caps are equal one ship dead from 100%.

Something like that. It's like pulling your weight only in damage done is worth as much as doing all of the capping for the entire team. One makes you a net even, the other can carry a crap team, but to WG, they're worth the same.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,784 posts
10,685 battles
8 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

One makes you a net even

Only if it's unhealable damage, though :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
62 posts
8,931 battles

I think the last thing WG want is a united player base who work together, I doubt that would help their business model and it would certainly damage their profits. WG want the players to not get on, to blame each other for poor play and for using a certain class of ships such as a CV. If the players are constantly fighting against their own teammates they won't notice that all the things they hate about the game are built into the game specifically to make people spend real money. WG are not stupid, they may not care about their players but they certainly know how to manipulate them to make loads of money. I do from time to time think that they are pushing things a bit too far and it will be their downfall eventually but only time will tell.

Players
1,427 posts
13,055 battles

Its time to dust off the ol' Khaba i guess. Since WG don't want us to teamplay, lets all DMG farm instead and see how all the BB nobheads like it when they can't see $hit.

And when the BB nobheads complain about something WG usually respond with a fix very quickly.  

So don't spot

Don't cap/contest

Don't smoke friendlies (Heal Khaba=best Khaba)

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
753 posts
Just now, MortenTardo said:

Its time to dust off the ol' Khaba i guess. Since WG don't want us to teamplay, lets all DMG farm instead and see how all the BB nobheads like it when they can't see $hit.

And when the BB nobheads complain about something WG usually respond with a fix very quickly.  

So don't spot

Don't cap/contest

Don't smoke friendlies (Heal Khaba=best Khaba)

I love to sit behind a Khaba as a battleship, the first targets die rather quickly. 

Khaba, is actually maybe the least team-oriented DD in the game. But it makes captains furious and gives them tunnel vision. I truely do love tailing a Khaba. 

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles
10 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

it is worth noting that we here in the forums are only a tiny minority of the playerbase. A vocal one, but tiny nevertheless. Thus the average player is indeed the guy that stays rather back to farm damage instead of tanking for the team. Will rather sit in smoke in cap rather than spot outside.

So WG just does what I deem to be the most profitable way for them: Doing something for the majority of the playerbase: The casuals.

It is not about who possible XP changes would please, and who would not. Rewards promote certain tactics, govern game play. If people are rewarded for sitting back, they will sit at the back. If they would be rewarded for risky team play, they would risk & cap & spot & tank more. 

But WG sent clear signal: they don't want to promote game play which requires skill - they want their game to be a simple shooter, as RNG-dependent as possible, with as low "entry barrier" as possible. 

That's why they will nerf CV "skill curve" to the ground, and that's why they keep the absurd +/-2 tier matchmaking which randomizes ship & player strength.

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
753 posts
18,325 battles

Me thinks that spotting damage should always go 100% to the closest ship from target with line of sight unless its radar/hydro spotting.

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles
On 21/06/2018 at 11:25 PM, EdiJo said:

and that's why they keep the absurd +/-2 tier matchmaking which randomizes ship & player strength.

Isn't it a common complaint from +/-1 tier MM proponents that the only ones who want +/-2 are unicums?

[TS1]
Players
540 posts
7,592 battles
On 2018-06-21 at 11:25 PM, Hannibalurg said:

I love to sit behind a Khaba as a battleship, the first targets die rather quickly. 

Khaba, is actually maybe the least team-oriented DD in the game. But it makes captains furious and gives them tunnel vision. I truely do love tailing a Khaba. 

Kebab casts Aggrovate, it's very effective.

See, this is why Kebab is a great team player. Sure, she's good at damage farming, but it's also very good at tanking and supporting.

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles
1 hour ago, AnotherDuck said:

Isn't it a common complaint from +/-1 tier MM proponents that the only ones who want +/-2 are unicums?

So?

Skilled player can deal with being -2 much easier than random Steve, that's why good players like +/-2. It's human nature: they can manage being -2, and they are godly being +2. :cap_look:

Still, +/-2 MM randomizes player strength, because good player in -2 ship is weaker than in -1 tiered or top tiered.

Another factor is that good players have better equipped ships, better trained captains and more often use premium stuff. 

Still, in +/-1 MM their skill & stuff would mean much more than in current +/-2, because they would never be 2 tiers lower than other players.

No contradiction here :fish_glass:

Players
542 posts
5,486 battles
On 21/06/2018 at 11:46 AM, Allied_Winter said:

it is worth noting that we here in the forums are only a tiny minority of the playerbase. A vocal one, but tiny nevertheless.

If WG really do listen to their customers, their customers have a voice here.

The average player plays and leaves without WG ever undestanding why they leave. They probably don't care who leaves, or why, but if we don't remind WG how awful they are, no will.

Keep telling WG what the problems are. Tag @MrConway and others and let them know how pissed off their customers are.

• Cool 1