Sign in to follow this  
Sargento_YO

Two bugs that happens since 6 and 7 versions ago with carriers.

7 comments in this topic

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,591 battles

At this point I really don't know what the fudge do...

I really love using aircraft carriers. I'm one of those rare carrier captains who fills the matchmaking and does a decent job at it.

Nevertheless, there are two bugs that I have no idea why WG didn't fixed it, even when I keep reporting them over and over, and over, and over, and over and over again.

First the oldest bug. Very often I use secondary weapons (AA and cannons) on my carrier (anyone would say "Who in it's sane mind would use them?? However I do it, ALOT, and they work pretty well for me, if you don't believe me check my stats on tier 5 to 7 carriers). When I click an enemy plane squad (and sometimes another ship) the target it's selected, but also a waypoint it's placed there. This bug started to happen since 7 versions ago (or so, I lost track).

7 to 4 versions ago the bug was extremely annoying. Every SINGLE time I selected the target the waypoint was selected and the carrier wanted to go there. Since usually I go as close to the main battle as possible (hiding behind an island) this could be extremely annoying and even dangerous, because if I wouldn't pay attention the carrier would move to an unwanted position leaving me extremely vulnerable.

Since 4 or 3 versions ago someone on WG did something to mitigate the problem, but the problem still happens, less often, but happens.

And then, since 6 versions ago (I DO remember this started to happen one version later than the previous one) another bug happens. One when the planes stop giving status report.

You know, when the planes says "group 1... Engaging the enemy/under attack/destroyed/engaging" etc. This is extremely important for me because often I focus on three fronts: One it's the carrier itself, another one are the fighter squads and the third one it's the strike one. I'm quite reliant of knowing whats going on due these status reports.

But since 6 versions ago something happens where the planes STOP giving any status report at all. There is only a small "click" and then nothing... Nothing at all, planes stop giving reports which leaves me deaf to what it's going on the battlefield. So far I tried to pinpoint the reason of why this happens but there is no reason at all of how or why it happens. Sometimes I can play 4 straight battles without the bug, and sometimes it happens right in the FIRST launched squad. And when it happens the bug carries over on the next battle. I need to close the game and open it again if I want the status report again.

EVERY... SINGLE...VERSION I reported these bugs. Even with capture videos. Even I erased the game and reinstalled it from scratch twice times. But nothing. Nobody does a jack shi.t about it. There is one mod which said it would report it... but nothing. The bug still happens...

Just, what the hell I need to do in order to have this bug fixed?? I brought both Saipan and Kaga. And I regret missed the opportunity to buy Graf zeppelin. I really enjoy play carriers but these bug really annoys me. And as I mentioned, I reinstalled the game twice from scratch so there is no posibility of "corrupted gamefiles, run X thing to fix them" or anything.

Just... Fix them NOW. (for worse, in the next patch notes I don't see these bugs fixed...).

• Boring 1

Modder
3,886 posts
6,947 battles

Who cares?

The whole CV mechanics will be reworked, no need to put manpower (and thus money) into bugfixing the old ones.

• Bad 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,591 battles

That way of thinking it's like "Why I need to wipe my a$$

1 hour ago, principat121 said:

Who cares?

The whole CV mechanics will be reworked, no need to put manpower (and thus money) into bugfixing the old ones.

That way of thinking it's like "Why waste toilet paper wiping my a$$ after taking a dump if tomorrow I will have to do it again?"

Modder
3,886 posts
6,947 battles

Sorry, but it is wasted money, time and effort to bugfix the current CV state, if they already working on a whole new implementation of CV gameplay. If you fail to understand that, try a free online curse about "business 101".

And your "example" is also inappropiate for this specific matter, but I am too lazy in the moment to explain the whole stupidity in it...

• Bad 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,591 battles
26 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Sorry, but it is wasted money, time and effort to bugfix the current CV state, if they already working on a whole new implementation of CV gameplay. If you fail to understand that, try a free online curse about "business 101".

And your "example" is also inappropiate for this specific matter, but I am too lazy in the moment to explain the whole stupidity in it...

Dude, as I mentioned this isn't a recent bug, it's around 6 - 7 versions ago. And we don't know when the CV will be massively nerfed (the so called rework). For all what we know it will be within 6 versions more.

And money??? It's just change some code lines FFS!!

Players
27 posts
98 battles
On 6/20/2018 at 3:09 PM, Sargento_YO said:

At this point I really don't know what the fudge do...

I really love using aircraft carriers. I'm one of those rare carrier captains who fills the matchmaking and does a decent job at it.

Nevertheless, there are two bugs that I have no idea why WG didn't fixed it, even when I keep reporting them over and over, and over, and over, and over and over again.

First the oldest bug. Very often I use secondary weapons (AA and cannons) on my carrier (anyone would say "Who in it's sane mind would use them?? However I do it, ALOT, and they work pretty well for me, if you don't believe me check my stats on tier 5 to 7 carriers). When I click an enemy plane squad (and sometimes another ship) the target it's selected, but also a waypoint it's placed there. This bug started to happen since 7 versions ago (or so, I lost track).

7 to 4 versions ago the bug was extremely annoying. Every SINGLE time I selected the target the waypoint was selected and the carrier wanted to go there. Since usually I go as close to the main battle as possible (hiding behind an island) this could be extremely annoying and even dangerous, because if I wouldn't pay attention the carrier would move to an unwanted position leaving me extremely vulnerable.

Since 4 or 3 versions ago someone on WG did something to mitigate the problem, but the problem still happens, less often, but happens.

And then, since 6 versions ago (I DO remember this started to happen one version later than the previous one) another bug happens. One when the planes stop giving status report.

You know, when the planes says "group 1... Engaging the enemy/under attack/destroyed/engaging" etc. This is extremely important for me because often I focus on three fronts: One it's the carrier itself, another one are the fighter squads and the third one it's the strike one. I'm quite reliant of knowing whats going on due these status reports.

But since 6 versions ago something happens where the planes STOP giving any status report at all. There is only a small "click" and then nothing... Nothing at all, planes stop giving reports which leaves me deaf to what it's going on the battlefield. So far I tried to pinpoint the reason of why this happens but there is no reason at all of how or why it happens. Sometimes I can play 4 straight battles without the bug, and sometimes it happens right in the FIRST launched squad. And when it happens the bug carries over on the next battle. I need to close the game and open it again if I want the status report again.

EVERY... SINGLE...VERSION I reported these bugs. Even with capture videos. Even I erased the game and reinstalled it from scratch twice times. But nothing. Nobody does a jack shi.t about it. There is one mod which said it would report it... but nothing. The bug still happens...

Just, what the hell I need to do in order to have this bug fixed?? I brought both Saipan and Kaga. And I regret missed the opportunity to buy Graf zeppelin. I really enjoy play carriers but these bug really annoys me. And as I mentioned, I reinstalled the game twice from scratch so there is no posibility of "corrupted gamefiles, run X thing to fix them" or anything.

Just... Fix them NOW. (for worse, in the next patch notes I don't see these bugs fixed...).

Interesting. I have never noticed these, for the first bug, use the alt mouse controls, that separates targeting and waypoints. 

The second bug may be client side, my planes still give me reports (I think.)

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,591 battles

I allways used regular mouse controls. I never used the alternative ones. However in the past the regular controls worked fine.
About the second one. I reinstalled the game from scratch, and using a vanilla client, that rules out any corrupted files or anything weird that might appear.

Sign in to follow this