Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bunnytob

What ships do you think need buffs?

63 comments in this topic

[FK]
Players
99 posts
5,434 battles

The premise for this post is simple. Which ships, if any, do you think are underpowered?

I'll start, and I only really have one. DANAE needs a buff - one-time smoke would help, in the same manner as Kuma's one-time plane. She's just too easy to delete.

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,635 posts
16,740 battles

A couple that immediately come to mind:

- Mikasa

- Ranger

- Myogi

- Colorado

- Podvoisky

• Cool 1

Players
222 posts
5,714 battles

i don't think it matters, right now it seems many will not commit or engage into a battle or supporting cruisers and destroyers, just play any BB hang back and you'll have an OK game

Beta Tester
2,447 posts
6,683 battles

Belfast needs torps, Nikolai could have reload buffed to her hisorical 28 seconds, Kamikaze torp range increased to 10km, Kaga needs more planes and Kutuzov needs her original 50mm plating. :Smile_trollface:

Joking aside, Mikasa could do with a slight secondary range increase, Aoba would welcome a bit on her torp tubes angles aswell. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[FK]
Players
99 posts
5,434 battles

Podvoisky? I absolutely loved her. What's so bad about her?

Myogi I totally agree with though.

[OGHF]
Players
899 posts
14,540 battles

All RN CL’s need a bit of a buff as so far all they have had is nerfs ??

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,635 posts
16,740 battles
2 minutes ago, Bunnytob said:

From my experience? Pretty much everything.

Although apparently I pulled some decent stats within the 15 games I had to play her so maybe it's just me.

[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,469 battles

-Jianwei needs either a reload buff or more torp range.

-Neptune needs it's smoke detection fire lowered, as the current one is too high.

-Friedrich the Great needs a lot of buffs, because it's the worst T9 BB right now.

-Ibuki and Zao need more HP, what they have now is a joke.

-Monarch needs more range, not too much though.

-Yorck should have it's AP improved. The air drag over 10km should go.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[FK]
Players
99 posts
5,434 battles

Podvoisky's fast and has 5 360-degree guns, which makes manoeuvring much easier.

And I don't think Monarch needs a buff...

[TPB]
Players
23 posts
10,846 battles

Ibuki mogami are so fragile with an abysmal health pool they re a joke. Zao too but to a lesser extent.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
835 posts
13,249 battles

Can we buff human inteligence to improve the quality of gameplay on a global scale?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,439 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

- Colorado

Tbh I don't understand why people ask for her buffs. Just her past reputation or...? She's easily one of the strongest t7 BBs (if not the strongest) with the only "bad" thing being her speed

Monarch - the biggest turd in this game right now. It desperately needs at least some 1.5 ... 2 km extra gun range, then it might reach at least the level of "barely playable"

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,448 posts
15,759 battles

Emerald and JianWei are the most obvious to me. I used to hate Kasrlsruhe, but it got buffed and seemed fine in the few games I played with the new version.

Myogi was quite bad long ago when I played it, and I guess it's still in need of some love. The old original tier 3 BBs (Kawachi and South Carolina) were quite outdated when Nassau appeared.

Yorck could benefit from some new AP shells instead of the WWI vintage ones.

In general, Japanese DD torpedoes need detectability slightly decreased. They're too easy to dodge.

Oh, and before I forget, I bet the new USS Dallas will need some buffs in not too long.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,635 posts
16,740 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Tbh I don't understand why people ask for her buffs.

I was always of the opinion that Colo should get the WeeVee refit for more dakka.

Players
503 posts
5,039 battles
12 hours ago, Bunnytob said:

Myogi I totally agree with though.

Aside from the fact that it has the worst concealment in tier, a rudder straight from a T3 BB, horrible shell dispersion and torps that are only good enough to hopefully kill what will blap you as you try? Nothing then.  :cap_yes:

Even the DD that preceded it is an upgrade to the Podvoiski.

13 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

A couple that immediately come to mind:

- Mikasa

- Ranger

- Myogi

- Colorado

- Podvoisky

I fully agree on the Myogi and Podvoiski. Myogi is absolutely abismal for a T4 BB. The dispersion is an absolute joke at any range. Maybe that is why those that soldiered through it start abusing the accuracy of all IJN BBs after it and sit at the back, because they had to grind through a ship that you need to sacrifice a goat to RNGesus to hit a shell at 7Km even.

Podvoiski is clearly a weak DD. It only has speed going for her, but at that tier no one runs captain skills to extend the range so it's just an easy target for any ship in the game. It also has an absurd rudder and turning circle that make it hard to dodge shells. It actually gets ridiculous to the point where you even struggle to do a suicide torp run. Turrets are 360°, yes, but besides having a 7 second reload you struggle to get them pointing the target in any knife fight unless you pre aim 10 seconds in advance and the target remains stationary or moves as slow as your turrets. Accuracy is also abismal, with an appalling average of 4 out of every 5 shells landing beyond or before the target, even at close range. This ship relies on sitting in smoke, others spotting targets within 10Km and the target staying within that range for the duration of the smoke.

Don't agree with the Colorado. It fits the tree progression and is quite durable, given the great guns it has. Speed is annoying, but it teaches important lessons about tactical positioning, which other privileged lines don't because they can stay at max range and hit targets consistently (cough cough IJN).

Can't comment on the premium ones as I don't have them.

In terms of other candidates:

- New York has been power creeped beyond belief and desperately needs something to make it at least competitive. Something speed or rudder related could help there as it's currently just target practice for other ships.

- Mutsuki is laughably inferior to the Minekaze in every aspect. If it's supposed to be the torp boat (as it has less guns) at least give it better reload than the Minekaze (or a reload booster consumable).

- Jianwei is a real struggle. Those floaty shells and the small stealth torp window make it a very weak competitor in tier.

Can't suggest tiers higher than T5 as it's already a difficult balance as it is in that bracket. Every ship there has the potential to go from underpowered to overpowered by the over-buffing a specific stat.

Also, when will tiers 5 and below have a ship that can be even remotely a competitor to the Kamikaze? Minekaze was nerfed already so there is literally no ship in the bracket that can even compete with the concealment and sheer volume of long range torps of the Kami. At least in the bracket of the Belfast there are some silver radars (T8+, that is). At the moment the Kami is just too much of an advantage in tier, and since WG doesn't nerf premiums then there needs to be a silver or premium ship in the bracket that can compete in some way. Concealment is already ridiculously low so maybe give the T5 German DD the German hydro? At least then there would be a silver ship that would be able to spot the Kami when spotted, instead of every ship in the bracket being perma spotted indefinitely and having to permanently guess where the speed demon is now.

• Cool 2

Players
4,006 posts
7,573 battles
4 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Can we buff human inteligence to improve the quality of gameplay on a global scale?

Killing all BB players might help but on balance it's a bit extreme, I think I'll just put up with most players being s*** and BB players especially so.

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
659 posts
12,465 battles

Ships I still have in port and think could use a buff?

Emerald - how about a bit more concealment?

Ognevoi - A torpedo upgrade?

Varyag - They look like guns but shoot like mortars, how about they shoot a bit more like guns?

Ships I'd buy if they buffed them

Mikasa

Players
2,052 posts
10,940 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I was always of the opinion that Colo should get the WeeVee refit for more dakka.

El2aZeR what heresy is this. More AA on a BB :fish_boom:

[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles
10 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

At the moment the Kami is just too much of an advantage in tier, and since WG doesn't nerf premiums then there needs to be a silver or premium ship in the bracket that can compete in some way. Concealment is already ridiculously low so maybe give the T5 German DD the German hydro? At least then there would be a silver ship that would be able to spot the Kami when spotted, instead of every ship in the bracket being perma spotted indefinitely and having to permanently guess where the speed demon is now.

While the T-22 could certainly use some buffs I don't think the hydro would do too much against a Kamikaze. The range of the Gaede's hydro at tier 6 is just short of 4 km and that's probably not enough to be a serious threat to a Kamikaze, since she's not a ship that traditionally hides in smoke for long periods of time and instead uses her natural concealment to hide.

Also, while the Kamikaze isn't slow, it's certainly not a speed demon at 37.4 kts.

Edited: Because hydro isn't radar.