Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hannibalurg

Fushun - Tier VI Pan-Asian DD

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts

This sheep feels like a real REEEEEEE. Extremely slow turret traverse, detectability outside of torpedo range. Weak damage on shells, dispite "ok" firing rate. I can't understand how to use this ship. Would't contest a spot early on with that traverse and only DW torpedoes. 

I tried find a youtube video or even a thread about this utter disaster of a ship, but i can't find anything. Anyone got any tips how to bear through this?

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,662 battles

Fushun is an amazeballs boat though you need a high skill captain in her to work. EM and the traverse mod are a must in my opinion. Your conceal is awesome, it's basically a better Anshan with DW torps, i like to play it aggresively doing rusian gunboat style things with it, it's speed is fantastic, and it has those insane PA smokes, which is just KEK.

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles
2 minutes ago, zengaze said:

a better Anshan

Not really. Both Fushun and  Anshan are comparable with almost identical stats. I would rate Anshan torps higher, as the ability to torp DD smoke is an advantage.

With the coming smoke nerf Fushun will lose it's main asset.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles

PA permasmoke + daka daka daka

Just mow down everything in your path, those guns are made for it.

Also for the fun of it I was running IFHE on my Fushun (I had 14 point commander - PM (or PT if you prefer that), LS (don't have to waste R on every broken engine / rudder), SE (you have 5 smokes already, don't need another one), CE, IFHE - in that order), that lets you pen all cruisers you can meet and BBs up to tier 7 pretty much everywhere (except, of course, main belt & other highly armored areas like that).

Players
404 posts
4,777 battles

Something tells me you are evaluating the stock version. Fully upgraded you can stealth torp, and with aiming upgrade slotted you are a very good gunboat.

It's great fun playing it as a gunboat that has stealth, great smokes, speed, comcealment, and that can torp straight moving targets every now and again.

Be aware that knowledgeable DDs know you can't torp them so they will often rush your smoke. Invest on getting the hang of your guns and you will win most knife fights. Always have an escape plan ready.

Players
3,592 posts
7,346 battles

Expert Marksman + turret traverse upgrade solves lack of WD40 on turret bearings, with upgraded torps she can more than easily stealth torp, while with CE her concealment is 3rd best in game IIRC, after Hatsuharu and Gallant.

If you want to see obsolete DD, check out OG Gnevny in Russian tree. Exactly the same boat without torps and Aliexpress smoke

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,786 posts
10,685 battles

Fushun has third best winrate, third best average frags and second best damage on tier. All three are #1 if you count only silver ships. Truly a disaster of a ship.

You want to play Fushun like you would play Gnevny or Gremyashchy - put that EM on and your guns are good to go. The torps, on the other hand, are great - of course not the 6,4 km ones but hey, it's not like Fushun is the only ship with painful stock configuration. And even with 6,4 km torp range you can, technically, stealthtorp with CE (although, yeah, stealthtorping window of around 100m confines you to targets that close in on you).

Players
2,743 posts
15,619 battles
2 hours ago, Hannibalurg said:

I tried find a youtube video or even a thread about this utter disaster of a ship, but i can't find anything. Anyone got any tips how to bear through this?

lol its same or better than the anshan (depends a bit on taste) and the anshan is known to be a good boat...

mount turret traverse mod and dnot play it  as a close rnage fighter and youll be amazed the boat is really good

Players
453 posts
6,421 battles
2 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Be aware that knowledgeable DDs know you can't torp them so they will often rush your smoke. Invest on getting the hang of your guns and you will win most knife fights. Always have an escape plan ready.

Yeah, because you don;t have to worry about getting your own torps in arc you do a much better job of avoiding theirs. It does cancel out their torp advantage to a degree. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,607 posts
7,323 battles

12 point captain minimum is required but with that she far outclasses every other T6 silver DD, the loss of the ability to torp other DD at close range is far less important than the ability to torp everything else from stealth.

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,662 battles
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Not really. Both Fushun and  Anshan are comparable with almost identical stats. I would rate Anshan torps higher, as the ability to torp DD smoke is an advantage.

With the coming smoke nerf Fushun will lose it's main asset.

We're going to have to agree to disagree, i have both, and standard anshan torps are great for deleting DDs in their smokes at that tier, but overall I think Fushun takes it, Fushun has better stock rudder shift than anshan, (it actually has as stock what anshan has with the rudder mod)which means you can slot the acceleration mod, so you're stealthier than anshan (200M) that 200m can make a lot of difference, and you handle better,, and have the ability to ping pong in smokes better because of acceleration. I sold fushun, simply because i have anshan, and they are very similiar.

Players
2,248 posts
14,326 battles
4 hours ago, Hannibalurg said:

This sheep feels like a real REEEEEEE. Extremely slow turret traverse, detectability outside of torpedo range. Weak damage on shells, dispite "ok" firing rate. I can't understand how to use this ship. Would't contest a spot early on with that traverse and only DW torpedoes. 

Fushun isn't a bad ship, but if you get a string of games against tier 8 DDs it can get kind of bleak.

Expert Marksman seem kind of mandatory for me.

Deep water torpedoes have their advantages, but the do mean that quick kills during cap contesting are a lot harder and rarer, so you need to adjust.  Gun power is good, but you kind of have to isolate your opponent from any friends they have, unless in smoke.  As for PA smoke, I generally don't spend lots of time in it shooting, accept on rare occasion, but instead us it to cover movement/deployment. 

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,662 battles
9 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Fushun isn't a bad ship, but if you get a string of games against tier 8 DDs it can get kind of bleak.

Deep water torpedoes have their advantages, but the do mean that quick kills during cap contesting are a lot harder and rarer, so you need to adjust.  Gun power is good, but you kind of have to isolate your opponent from any friends they have, unless in smoke.  As for PA smoke, I generally don't spend lots of time in it shooting, accept on rare occasion, but instead us it to cover movement/deployment. 

Yeah i agree, but it's the same with all tier 6 DDs, you run into tier 8's with conceal mod and you're toast. Benson has 5.8K to Fushun's 6.1 and anshan's 6.3. So to cap contest in the early contact isn't much fun, you just have to know as a tier 6 you are completely out classed, and adapt to that as best you can.

• Cool 1

Players
404 posts
4,777 battles
18 minutes ago, zengaze said:

Yeah i agree, but it's the same with all tier 6 DDs, you run into tier 8's with conceal mod and you're toast. Benson has 5.8K to Fushun's 6.1 and anshan's 6.3. So to cap contest in the early contact isn't much fun, you just have to know as a tier 6 you are completely out classed, and adapt to that as best you can.

I agree there. T7s have a bigger issue with T8s that run the concealment upgrade, so in that sense T6s have an advantage as their concealment is generally better than T7s. The crucial part here is that T8 MM is bad for T6s but there is always a mirrored T6 competitor also. Pick your targets. The real issue is MM spawning often the top tier DD on the side of the low tier DD. Now THAT is wrong.

Players
453 posts
6,421 battles
10 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Yeah, the smoke is more for breaking contact or pretending you are a Kutuzov where you have found some isolated ship that is spotted and you just want to go to work for a minute. Gadjah Mada on the other hand practically lives in it's smoke.

• Cool 1

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles

I absolutely loved my Fushun, it's the only T6 DD I've kept. Even without a 10 point captain I just seemed to have a blast, pop smoke and blast away.

[NWP]
Players
740 posts
6,318 battles

Loved Fushun, and for that matter, was very fond of Gnevny.

Looking over Anshan when I won her in a box, I wasn't impressed, but now I have experience of both other clones I really like her too. Also (at least I think) a pretty nice looking boat.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
976 posts
10,927 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Loved Fushun, and for that matter, was very fond of Gnevny.

Looking over Anshan when I won her in a box, I wasn't impressed, but now I have experience of both other clones I really like her too. Also (at least I think) a pretty nice looking boat.

I don't know why but I fully expected the Anshan to be a bit rubbish. Bought her anyway when the PA DDs came out and oh my lord - what a ship!

Sign in to follow this