Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
White_Fall

Bayern Modules & Captain skills

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
14 posts
439 battles

Hi All,

 

I was wondering how to spent my captain points for Bayern?  And what module upgrades to install? For sure i will continue to the Bismarck and bring the captain there to.

Little confused from other topics to go for secondary build, but also read often that its not usefull for Bayern to make a secondary build.

 

So starting a fresh topic. What should i do with my Bayern?

 

Often i end up alone when i sail with my teammates to support them, and they split up to everywhere when the first red is on the horizon.

So grinding to Gneisenau is quite a job with more loses than wins. I always try to support and go with the team and not hanging back and do nothing.

 

Any advice?

 

Thanks

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
19,963 posts
12,415 battles

When you plan using the captain for Bismarck, starting the way to a secondary setup is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles

I mean, how many points you have? The Manual Secondaries skill doesn't give you much before tier 7, everything else for a secondary build still works just fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,467 battles

There are two ways of going about it. The first one assumes the captain stays on the Bismarck or you fork out doubloons for retraining when you switch to Freddy the Great. In this case I'd advise you to go for the first 10 points:

-Preventive Maintenance or Priority Target

-Expert Marksman

-Basic Firing Training

-Advanced Firing Training

This setup will serve you well in the Gneisenau and Bismarck, while giving you a slight edge in the Bayern.

 

For modules you might consider the AA upgrade, as the Bayern has good AA for a battleship and mid tiers is where the CVs are. Other upgrades I use are Main Armaments I, Damage Control I, and Damage Control II.

 

The second route banks on the fact that German BBs can tank like there's no tomorrow and you can setup your captain for the Great Elector at T10, not the optimal setup for Bayern as some skills are unused (turret catapult when WG?):

-Direction Center

-Expert Marksman

-Superintendent

-Fire Prevention

-Concealment Expert

-Adrenaline Rush

-Basics of Survivability

 

The first and second tier 4 skills can be swapped around, as they come down mostly to whatever you find more useful. Fully specced with flags and upgrades you will then have fires that last 35s max, compared with the normal 60s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
19,963 posts
12,415 battles

I suggest Basics of Survivability for all German BB (and most other BB). You have to get closer because of your inaccurate main guns and BoS helps with fire.

You profit from BoS almost every match. Superintendent helps you rarely, unless you plan to save credits and sail without premium consumables (not recommended).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,467 battles
17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Superintendent helps you rarely, unless you plan to save credits and sail without premium consumables (not recommended).

SI gives you an extra charge of hydro from T8 and up. That's more than the 15% reduction of flooding time. Besides, high tier builds should have both skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
14 posts
439 battles

I have a 10 point (close to 11 now) captain at the moment with the following skills

 

-Preventive Maintenance

-Adrenaline Rush  ( change to Expert Marksman ? )

-Superintendent (change to Basic Firing Training? )

-Advanced Firing Training

 

Bayern modules are as follow

  • Main Battery 1
  • Aiming Systems 1
  • Damage Control 1
  • Damage Control 2

 

I always try to close in with my team but often the team spread to everywhere by the first red on the horizon and im ending up alone.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
19,963 posts
12,415 battles

Adrenalin Rush is good. As long as you can live with the turret traverse there is no need for change.

Superintendent is ok, keep it.

I advise you not to take Basic Firing training. It is not needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,467 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

As I said, how often do you use all charges?

Depends on the game, most of the time I run out of heals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DDGR]
Players
30 posts
5,384 battles
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, White_Fall said:

 I always try to support and go with the team and not hanging back and do nothing.

 

Any advice?

 

 

 

 

This. Bayern (and other KM BBS following) are great brawlers. You should get in close and personal as 1st line ship and don't be afraid to get into the heat of the fight. He can take damage and will reward this kind of gameplay.

 

And don't be alone. Ever. Without protection screen you are practically a magnet to enemy dds and planes that will crush you very fast with few torpedo salvos.

 

This is much more important then having proper captain skills/mods.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
14 posts
439 battles
20 hours ago, Muki321 said:

This. Bayern (and other KM BBS following) are great brawlers. You should get in close and personal as 1st line ship and don't be afraid to get into the heat of the fight. He can take damage and will reward this kind of gameplay.

 

And don't be alone. Ever. Without protection screen you are practically a magnet to enemy dds and planes that will crush you very fast with few torpedo salvos.

 

This is much more important then having proper captain skills/mods.

 

 

Thats the thing try to not to be alone. For example i go with 1 or 2 DD and 2 CL/CA and when the first red is on the horizon the group splits up to everywhere and i end up with all reds firing at me.

 

Now i try to follow from more distance to see how the match goes and then start to push in the right moments. In the rare games i had where the group stays in formation. Then the Bayern shines. But to bad its really rare that the group stays in formation to make a nice push.

 

Conclusion its hard to make a good brawl these days (at least for the matches i play)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DDGR]
Players
30 posts
5,384 battles
2 hours ago, White_Fall said:

Thats the thing try to not to be alone. For example i go with 1 or 2 DD and 2 CL/CA and when the first red is on the horizon the group splits up to everywhere and i end up with all reds firing at me.

 

Now i try to follow from more distance to see how the match goes and then start to push in the right moments. In the rare games i had where the group stays in formation. Then the Bayern shines. But to bad its really rare that the group stays in formation to make a nice push.

 

Conclusion its hard to make a good brawl these days (at least for the matches i play)

 

 

Keeping the distance from enemy is a sure way to get minimum impact for your team with Bayern. Guns are not so accurate from distance and only 8 of them means minimum damage unless you get a lucky shot...

 

If others do not want to stick with you for some reason (even after you repeatedly ask for support) you can turn it around and join some other ship(s) from your team. Bayer has solid speed and should not have problems following up on your teammates and pushing in when the moment comes.

 

Anyhow at tier VI players should be smart enough already and experienced to know  the importance of team play and the role of specific ship types

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
14 posts
439 battles
17 hours ago, Muki321 said:

Keeping the distance from enemy is a sure way to get minimum impact for your team with Bayern. Guns are not so accurate from distance and only 8 of them means minimum damage unless you get a lucky shot...

 

If others do not want to stick with you for some reason (even after you repeatedly ask for support) you can turn it around and join some other ship(s) from your team. Bayer has solid speed and should not have problems following up on your teammates and pushing in when the moment comes.

 

Anyhow at tier VI players should be smart enough already and experienced to know  the importance of team play and the role of specific ship types

For now i only keep a little distance to see how the match progress and then join the ships who like to team up and then pushing in the right moments.

 

But often there is no to little teamplay and everybody is on their own even after asking for a plan or support often quit in chat.

S i try to pick the right moments to push in for example a half health BB of 2 damaged CL

 

Even my last game in 5 min half of the team was already gone.

 

Maybe it is because i often play late evening around 23:30 or a bit later (not much time during the day or early evening to bad)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×