Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

All Hail the mighty Repair party

19 comments in this topic

Players
2,762 posts
15,776 battles

BOW before the might repair party!, the only thing  that can restore balance to the universe and to crappy underpowered boats.

is your pc old?

slap a repair party on it and it will run newst games just fine.

your car is old and needs some hp?

no problem repair party will take care of it! just put ione in the glove compartment.

is your girlfriend ugly?

put a repair party on her and all your friends will wonder why youre dating a super model.

if someone isnt getting what im getting at:  Abruzzi, Groz, Boise

• Funny 6
  • Bad 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,737 posts
10,868 battles

The RP on the Abruzzi is about as useful as a EDIT stained fork, and I doubt it will be much different on the Boise. No idea how the playstyle changes on the Grozovoi. 

So i‘m fine with the RP. 

Could be radar, which is far worse. 

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles

I'd rather have them slap a Repair Party on the Boise than have another radar ship at tier VII gated behind a paywall.

Not that I'm convinced the ship would need a Repair Party in the first place, but we all know that WG thinks they MUST put some gimmick onto new premiums these days and in that regard the Repait Party is the lesser of evil compared to another 9,9km radar.

• Cool 4

Players
2,762 posts
15,776 battles
Alle 6/20/2018 alle 13:39, Hannibalurg ha scritto:

I'd hand out Repair party anyday over Radars, which was the original thought. 

and i'd be rather infected with lepra than ebola....

its good cause its less *edited* is no argument.

creating a world with tons of ships that have heal is poor balancing and will leave boats without it in a spot where they seem lackluster.

giving out heals  as standard solution instead of fixing core issues of ships (overtiering  and general stat balancing) is just lazy

and it creates more problems in the long run than it solves in the short run

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
Alle 6/20/2018 alle 13:44, Gojuadorai ha scritto:

its good cause its less *edited* is no argument.

creating a world with tons of ships that have heal is poor balancing and will leave boats without it in a spot where they seem lackluster.

giving out heals  as standard solution instead of fixing core issues of ships (overtiering  and general stat balancing) is just lazy

I know that. You know that. We ALL know that. Yet WGs attitude is "we'll stick radar on that bridge when we come to it."

Players
902 posts
11,126 battles

I really should do something productive with my time, but...

Spoiler

heal.png.f30b83d512d575806a28ccb25cd0e0b0.png

• Funny 14

[WGP2W]
1,444 posts
10,011 battles

Same here, I would prefer RP to everyone istead of stupid radars, especially behind paywall.

Players
2,762 posts
15,776 battles
7 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Same here, I would prefer RP to everyone istead of stupid radars, especially behind paywall.

did i say somewhere that i rather want radar?

you really so screwed by WG that you think the only options to balance ships is radar or heal?

[WGP2W]
1,444 posts
10,011 battles
Just now, Gojuadorai said:

did i say somewhere that i rather want radar?

you really so screwed by WG that you think the only options to balance ships is radar or heal?

They said , not you.

So I would rather slap RP to those ships.

Players
88 posts
4,926 battles

So what ?

They are still light cruiser that can be blaped by one salvo of a bb and are extremly sensitive to fire damage, won't even talk about taking a torp

Radar is the cancer

Players
2,762 posts
15,776 battles
25 minutes ago, Miyamotosama said:

So what ?

They are still light cruiser that can be blaped by one salvo of a bb and are extremly sensitive to fire damage, won't even talk about taking a torp

Radar is the cancer

you really dont see the problem it creates just to circumvent the fact that they still dont know how to fundamentaly balance CL's.

Cls need a sound concept that balances them without spalping  heal on everything.

so does the groz  but extensive balancing work seems to be not wanted if you can satisfy people with slaping heal on it...no matter future consequences for all ships.

lol at this point i start to wonder if Wg pust radar on ships so they can get away with putting heal on them

Players
88 posts
4,926 battles

@gojuadorai

So enlight us since you seems to be a game dev and designer how they should make premium ship, especially CL, attractive to ppl .

Players
2,762 posts
15,776 battles
4 minutes ago, Miyamotosama said:

@gojuadorai

So enlight us since you seems to be a game dev and designer how they should make premium ship, especially CL, attractive to ppl .

there are a lot of ideas that could work me personaly i''d first reduce the island dependacy of usn cls as a example:

- RN acceleration make open water dogiung more viable (this should be a trait for every CL line to destinguish their handling from heavier armored CA)

- tad better arcs/shell speed for usn CL to boost effective ranges against non stationary targets a bit

- sadly out of question but a cl specific trait that i'd like to see but WG is not willing to do to give them a reduced time of getting unspoted after firing

- ships specific i think the abruzzi is simply overtiered, also compared to the duca suffers from bad shells there are multiple things that could have made this boat more viable

- and other things....

but since youre bound to disagree cause just gettig heal is convinient  i dont waste my time here any further 

Players
88 posts
4,926 battles
Il y a 3 minutes, Gojuadorai a dit :

there are a lot of ideas that could work me personaly i''d first reduce the island dependacy of usn cls as a example:

- RN acceleration make open water dogiung more viable (this should be a trait for every CL line to destinguish their handling from heavier armored CA)

- tad better arcs/shell speed for usn CL to boost effective ranges against non stationary targets a bit

- sadly out of question but a cl specific trait that i'd like to see but WG is not willing to do to give them a reduced time of getting unspoted after firing

- ships specific i think the abruzzi is simply overtiered, also compared to the duca suffers from bad shells there are multiple things that could have made this boat more viable

- and other things....

but since youre bound to disagree cause just gettig heal is convinient  i dont waste my time here any further 

Ok got your point of view apply for a job at WG now

Players
4,039 posts
7,546 battles
21 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

- and other things....

Heavier armored... Not really.  If anything Cleveland and Worcester outarmor most heavy cruisers with exception of Baltimore, DM and Moskva.

"Class" wide mobility/acceleration buff could be one option, even if displacement doesn't differ that much

Tying detection to gun caliber would be too obvious for WG though:Smile_smile: Especially as it would mean nerf to battleships - 46s detection for yamato or 38s for Derpitz is bound to create shietstorm, especially as plebwagons would have 12-15s spotting. How can you aim at such peasant with slow turning turrets?!

Beta Tester
756 posts
Alle 6/20/2018 alle 13:44, Gojuadorai ha scritto:

its good cause its less *edited* is no argument.

So in your infinite wizdom. What would you do to balance in the Grozo?

Players
2,762 posts
15,776 battles
Just now, Hannibalurg said:

So in your infinite wizdom. What would you do to balance in the Grozo?

give her radar :Smile_trollface: 

no seriously you really belive that there arent enough softstats that can be tuned so a healneds to be useed?

since im neither a dev  nor a dd fan so i have no master plan for it.

i just know that those ships could be made viable without inflating the number of heals arround, 

rough scetch what could be done:

groz problem is that its not good in a meta where its aa strength doenst matter, it needs some other niche to fill.

buffing some softstats and/or giving it a defensive hydro since one of the main weaknesses is its clumsiness could work.

the thing is such things need time, slaping a consumable on a ship that increases its effective hitpoints is just a cheap quick and dirty fix that does impact balance longterm negatively.

its basically "living on borrowed time"

Sign in to follow this