Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ajb13

Early prototype Tirpitz spotted at tier 3

30 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles

image.thumb.png.bc82eedfcd5007cf82bf41c4241e5992.png

Intelligence reports that the torpedo tubes on the SMS Nassau have been reactivated appear to be true!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles

Yes, was in a Varyag with an IFHE commander, it's AP is crap, so no point switching

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles

So? I do that all the time: mounting the Tirpitz torpedo tubes on Nassau. Our clan is also tring to figure out how to sneak a CV into a CW match. We tried to hide one in a DD but we didn't get through costum controls. Anyone have an idea?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles
1 minute ago, Ferry_25 said:

So? I do that all the time: mounting the Tirpitz torpedo tubes on Nassau. Our clan is also tring to figure out how to sneak a CV into a CW match. We tried to hide one in a DD but we didn't get through costum controls. Anyone have an idea?

Put it in a bag and write player suggestions for the devs on it. Nobody will even touch the bag let alone peek into it. ^^

• Funny 11

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
16 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Have you tried building the aviation command center in your clan base? After building it you can construct field airstrips on flat islands. It also has the benefit of not counting towards the team's ship limit.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles
35 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Have you tried building the aviation command center in your clan base? After building it you can construct field airstrips on flat islands. It also has the benefit of not counting towards the team's ship limit.

And lure the reds to our base? Actually that's a magnificent idea!!

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles
2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Well, it's been done before HMS M2

British_Submarine_HMS_M2.jpg

[KAKE]
Players
786 posts
2,959 battles
1 hour ago, Sargento_YO said:

Back then, when the Orion was op...

Not only did you just not carry hard enough, to add insult to injury you got torpedoed by a ship that doesn't have torpedoes :Smile_trollface:

7 minutes ago, Kevbar said:

I love those wonky interwar experimental designs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

I can only imagine the fun we‘d have if all lower tier ships had their historical torpedo armaments. 

All the t3 BBs that would try to torp  

DDs...not to mention all the team killing...it‘d be hilarious. 

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

HE only? :fish_haloween:

Doesn't surprise much. Yesterday on T10 mm when I played Izumo the team mate Alsace was spam only HE at enemys, and of course didnt give me any support when I was next to him in front, taking all the damage I could get.

He run off and had full HP for a while. Later blame on team how big noobs they are.

The most delicious complain in game is when it coming from potato who spam HE only in a BB and calling others noobs.

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

HE only? :fish_haloween:

5 hours ago, ajb13 said:

Yes, was in a Varyag with an IFHE commander, it's AP is crap, so no point switching

40 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Doesn't surprise much. Yesterday on T10 mm when I played Izumo the team mate Alsace was spam only HE at enemys, and of course didnt give me any support when I was next to him in front, taking all the damage I could get.

He run off and had full HP for a while. Later blame on team how big noobs they are.

The most delicious complain in game is when it coming from potato who spam HE only in a BB and calling others noobs.

Oh what a noob I was to put my IFHE commander into a Varyag T3 cruiser and then fire only HE at the big bad T4 German BB. A real expert would have fired AP and farmed all those delicious shatters and ricochets. You have 1 game in the Varyag between you so you'll know just how powerful it's AP is right?

• Funny 2

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I can only imagine the fun we‘d have if all lower tier ships had their historical torpedo armaments. 

All the t3 BBs that would try to torp  

DDs...not to mention all the team killing...it‘d be hilarious. 

torps in hand of BB players? :Smile_ohmy:

tumblr_inline_p7g9kjxK6S1sxjj0a_250.gif

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
14,641 posts
10,869 battles
23 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

Oh what a noob I was to put my IFHE commander into a Varyag T3 cruiser and then fire only HE at the big bad T4 German BB. A real expert would have fired AP and farmed all those delicious shatters and ricochets. You have 1 game in the Varyag between you so you'll know just how powerful it's AP is right?

I was not talking about the Kaiser...

Players
300 posts
7,647 battles
3 hours ago, Kevbar said:

British_Submarine_HMS_M2.jpg

Your better off taking the I-400 class of IJN Subs instead.

I400_2.thumb.jpg.d275d1870f23b1a083bdfecdd296f8d0.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
1 hour ago, ajb13 said:

Why you quote me about Varyag?

btw this is one of BB HE spammers reply in game to me:

''dont cry :)) i shoot HE for fun and you are the crying noob. now you get on ignore bye bye ^^''

:Smile_smile:

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
33 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Why you quote me about Varyag?

btw this is one of BB HE spammers reply in game to me:

''dont cry :)) i shoot HE for fun and you are the crying noob. now you get on ignore bye bye ^^''

:Smile_smile:

Because that was the ship I was sailing in the game in question, not a BB

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I was not talking about the Kaiser...

I put a 10pt commander in her for the first game and fired mixed ammo as I normally would at the tier 3-4 ships, but with not much success, too many shatters, ricochets and not enough fires.  So I read this https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/156089-premium-ship-review-varyag/ and decided to put my 14pt IFHE commander into her instead and fire only HE. I've only played 5 games in her so far but already my average dmg is over double the server average. But please if I'm playing her all wrong do enlighten me as to what I should be doing.

[CATS]
Players
14,641 posts
10,869 battles
1 hour ago, ajb13 said:

But please if I'm playing her all wrong do enlighten me as to what I should be doing.

You could give more information in your starting post, that people know what you are talking about.

Players
63 posts
6,446 battles

In similar news:

Belfast has finally been given the buff she deserved by adding torpedo tubes.

Finally she can defend herself against battleships rushing her smoke.

Was about time.:cap_win:

5b2ac020ebd60_Belfasttorpedos.thumb.PNG.792a7ce64d95efccaa922e9197b60cf9.PNG

• Cool 1

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You could give more information in your starting post, that people know what you are talking about.

to be fair to the OP its the UI i expect we are all familiar with , no sunk ship icon is a clue he wasn't the torping nas and the 500+ shots 40% hit ratio makes it clear he wasn't driving a BB 

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

All the info needed was there -  Langley sunk by a Nassau with a torp. This was supposed to be a humorous thread about a BB sinking a ship with a weapon it does not have in game, not a thread about what a big HE spamming noob I am.

Players
401 posts
4,767 battles

Took me a while to understand, until I noticed this is because a DD managed a kill steal so shameful that even the game presumed the killing hit to be from the Nassau that was spamming HE on the CV.

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
1 hour ago, _LordLucan said:

to be fair to the OP its the UI i expect we are all familiar with , no sunk ship icon is a clue he wasn't the torping nas and the 500+ shots 40% hit ratio makes it clear he wasn't driving a BB 

Oh and the name of the player sailing the Nassau isn't even remotely similar to mine.

[CATS]
Players
14,641 posts
10,869 battles
4 hours ago, ajb13 said:

All the info needed was there -  Langley sunk by a Nassau with a torp. This was supposed to be a humorous thread about a BB sinking a ship with a weapon it does not have in game, not a thread about what a big HE spamming noob I am.

Except the ship you were sailing...

Sign in to follow this