You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Muppeteer

3k base xp

36 comments in this topic

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,897 battles

I have often in the past encouraged being a bit nicer to each other in game, and realised this evening that I have at least one informal rule that makes me message someone after match to say gg wp +1

People who manage 3k+ base xp deserve a pat on the back.

• Cool 8

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles

I try to compliment the top 3 players in every good game I have. I'm not a big fan of post battle messages, I myself find them annoying even if someone thanks me for the game.

And just recently I started to refrain from making biting remarks when I see bad plays on my team. They lead to nowhere, as bad players rarely want to improve.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,897 battles

I will remember to not message you after match Aragathor if we ever in that situation ;) In general I only do it if someone has played really well (see the 3k xp thing) or if we coordinated well in match. Either way I appreciate it might be uncomfortable to get pms from random ppl so I always tend to go with something like "gg wp, good luck next match".

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,230 posts
7,055 battles
26 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

only 3k base? and what who did 4k base?

raport!

Spoiler

he-kemp-bush-unfair-plane.jpg

• Funny 4

[CORNG]
Players
664 posts
12,043 battles

I remember beeing messaged once by you after a match (on different teams) and after that we played few Divi matches. Was a funny thing. 

So keep doing that. 

• Cool 1

Players
457 posts
10,048 battles

I usually compliment people that:

• gets 2k xp games 
  • people who are doing the job to win the game (fighting for caps, smoking your cruisers at the right moment, screening for torps, trying to spot, etc.).

I unfortunately rarely spend all my compliments except on week-ends.

I usually report people who :

• Bad mouth in chat (sorta "gg easy" when winning)
  • People that really don't care about winning (DDs that ignore the cap and go sniping, BBs that are really too passive, cruisers that put themselves completely out of position). I never complain about kitting cruisers even if they are borderhugging because that's their job.

I usually don't report:

• DDs that plays the cap badly and end up dying quickly even if that's bad 
  • BBs that go suicide inside caps 
  • CAs that get devastated because stupid broadsides

That's already painful enough and at least they tried.

I sent a ticket once and only once about someone wishing me death.

• Cool 5

Players
1,021 posts
5,464 battles

BB that suicides inside the cap is most of the time a sign of desperation since everything else failed and your team is either dead or ultra useless.

Later game of course. Not talking about those that rush straight away and die.

Players
457 posts
10,048 battles
3 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Not talking about those that rush straight away and die.

I was talking about those of course.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,897 battles
6 hours ago, belalugosisdead said:

I remember beeing messaged once by you after a match (on different teams) and after that we played few Divi matches. Was a funny thing. 

So keep doing that. 

Haha vague recollections of this. Another added benefit of being nice to people :)

[XFS]
[XFS]
Players
179 posts
10,982 battles

I give out lots of complements to people who do well in game , being polite is good (sometimes very hard to be polite) I do loose it occasionally

One thing I have noticed a simple please goes a long way "don't rush please take your time = win :)" is one on my leading messages at the start seams to work quite well sometimes :Smile_smile: 

• Cool 1

Players
735 posts
8,180 battles
48 minutes ago, SDGsteve said:

I give out lots of complements to people who do well in game , being polite is good (sometimes very hard to be polite) I do loose it occasionally

One thing I have noticed a simple please goes a long way "don't rush please take your time = win :)" is one on my leading messages at the start seams to work quite well sometimes :Smile_smile: 

Indeed, and people who type "plan?" At the start of the game should get an instant report. They tend to rush in and die before blaming their teammates for their miserable performance. Just saying "Plan?" Is so lazy. 

[FDUSH]
Players
1,122 posts
6,600 battles

- I compliment everybody (even enemies) who tells me "good work" or something good about what I do.

- Also I compliment those who makes me laught (a joke or something)

- Also I report everybody who EVER uses defensive AA on me (THATS CHEATING!!)

- Report those who I talk to, asking something or whatever, and doesn't answers.

- And specially those who takes more than 1 min to start to move in the game (AFK), also AFK enemy carriers.

Players
773 posts
12,279 battles

I give some occasional compliments, mainly to DDs that provide timely smokes and other supporting players (in a recent battle with radar Minotaur our CV made good use of me lightening the contesting DDs and later helped me in getting rid of a Hindenburg and a Missouri during the cyclone). I also tend to communicate to those players that they've been complimented in chat. Reports, OTOH, are a lot sparser and for very strong reasons.

Salute.

[PN4VY]
Players
113 posts
6,538 battles

I never compliment CVs - it's seal clubbing every time.  I will compliment other people who have Donald in their username however. 

UpTheDonald.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,122 posts
6,600 battles
1 minute ago, Up_The_Donald said:

I never compliment CVs - it's seal clubbing every time.  I will compliment other people who have Donald in their username however. 

UpTheDonald.

Dude. I would compliment anyone with that name too if I ever find them on battle.

But also... Donald trump ITS the very definition of sealclubbing!. Just thing on it's adversary...

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

13 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Not talking about those that rush straight away and die.

its the modern afk, they have unicorn divison of a cv paired with a brace of kutuzovs == back to port asap mode engaged :fish_boom:

Players
404 posts
4,777 battles
13 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

BB that suicides inside the cap is most of the time a sign of desperation since everything else failed and your team is either dead or ultra useless.

Later game of course. Not talking about those that rush straight away and die.

Did that once out of sheer frustration of having to sail the Iowa. Told the team in chat I was doing that at the very start of the match and advised the carrier to send his strike planes on my path as they would be safe. Ended up killing a surprised Missouri in one salvo, CV basically one shoted the enemy CV (my salvo only had to do 3k to kill it), ended the game with almost 5 kills, a personal damage record and a win, when all I wanted was to see the Iowa sink. That is the Iowa in a nutshell. I absolutely hate that ship with every fiber of my body. When I am cautious and meticulous I get shafted by RNGesus, and when I YOLO and just shoot off the hip I get monster games. Go figure...

On topic, compliments are very scarce due to the salt concentrations on the sea. Hell, I even had a solo warrior win against 6 ships (not camping and farming damage, if you ask. I actually capped our only  cap at the time and killed 2 ships when 1v6, all in a BB) and didn't have a single compliment go my way. I personally compliment those that make significant contributions to a win or the objective, although I too don't normally use my daily allowance fully, I must admit.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,897 battles

Random +1s are nice (I am at +274 karma atm I think, tho sort of loses any of its questionable worth at that point) but was more encouraging actual human interaction. Many nice people who I will never speak to again, but it doesn't hurt to message people with a gg after and maybe even an actual sentence if they deserve it. As I say, routinely I would only do this for ppl over 3k, but often for a little less ;)

For those who object, then apologies but it is surely preferable to the inevitable "you suck noob" messages after match that seem to be the favourite pastime of really bad players.

Pro tip tho if you choose to try this - say "gl next match" somewhere in your message. This means they know u don't want to division or be their best friend or even chat unless they want to.

Good luck out there.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,897 battles
23 hours ago, Up_The_Donald said:

UpTheDonald.

The real Donald is essentially a quite lifelike muppet. Does that mean I am pulling your strings?

Players
201 posts
15,155 battles

Any game with those XP numbers are always like this:

You were complimented 1x

You were reported 9x

Drop of water on the Suns crust >.<

Players
269 posts
9,627 battles
On 20.6.2018 at 11:52 AM, ulysses_nemo said:

I usually compliment people that:

• gets 2k xp games 
  • people who are doing the job to win the game (fighting for caps, smoking your cruisers at the right moment, screening for torps, trying to spot, etc.).

I unfortunately rarely spend all my compliments except on week-ends.

I usually report people who :

• Bad mouth in chat (sorta "gg easy" when winning)
  • People that really don't care about winning (DDs that ignore the cap and go sniping, BBs that are really too passive, cruisers that put themselves completely out of position). I never complain about kitting cruisers even if they are borderhugging because that's their job.

I usually don't report:

• DDs that plays the cap badly and end up dying quickly even if that's bad 
  • BBs that go suicide inside caps 
  • CAs that get devastated because stupid broadsides

That's already painful enough and at least they tried.

I sent a ticket once and only once about someone wishing me death.

DDs today must ignore cap in high tier batle because there is normally 3-5 radar cruisers.If you go to cap in early game you die in 3 minutes. You are more useful to your teem when survive and deal damge to enemy.

Players
457 posts
10,048 battles
4 hours ago, evp66 said:

DDs today must ignore cap in high tier batle because there is normally 3-5 radar cruisers.If you go to cap in early game you die in 3 minutes. You are more useful to your teem when survive and deal damge to enemy.

Sorry to disagree, Sir. I play all sort of DDs in T 7 to 10 and whatever the DD I have, you will always see me be around the cap, radar or not CV or not. The key is to be able to:

• Flee very quickly if needed (so as soon as you're in radar/plane detection range be sure that your nose is toward your team)
  • Stay at the limit of detection range (so sometimes don't even enter the cap right away, just stay behind is already useful)
  • Don't get torp so never stay broadside to the enemy especially in smoke

Sure in consequence my damage/PR is less than in cruisers in comparison to other players but my win rate is the best of my ships !

The only time I'm not around a cap is when I have no support then I head for another cap usually and only if I'm really too far away of them I start torp hunting.