Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ajb13

Triggering extra spawns in Raptor Rescue

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles

Some time ago I noticed what appeared to be an extra Myoko and Aoba in the above operation. It happened when one of our Cruisers sailed straight to the far side of the map (the exit side). I wasn't sure if his actions triggered an extra spawn as I hadn't seen them before. Whenever I got some extra time with a CV I'd scout around the north of the map to see if they were a spawn that stayed away from the main action and maybe went after any AFK's in the starting zone, but I never found them or saw them again until today. Once again a cruiser sailed straight to the far side of the map and they appeared. Luckily we were still able to complete the mission but it was harder with 2 extra cruisers to fight against in the last phase.

Anyone else witnessed this?

Players
1,429 posts
14,787 battles

Afair the Aoba and Myoko always spawn towards the end of the operation, after the Minekaze + Mutsuki.

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
1 hour ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Afair the Aoba and Myoko always spawn towards the end of the operation, after the Minekaze + Mutsuki.

I hate to think of the number of times I've played this operation, nearly 100 times in the last week alone, and I've only ever seen them spawn twice. When playing CV's, if we win easily and I have time to spend at the end, I have searched for them and never found them. If they always spawn where do they go?

[ALONE]
Players
1,342 posts
10,792 battles

You probably saw the same Myoko which spawns in the second wave, which wasn't killed and then returned? I don't recall 2 Myokos in any of my Raptor's games :cap_wander:

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
10 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

You probably saw the same Myoko which spawns in the second wave, which wasn't killed and then returned? I don't recall 2 Myokos in any of my Raptor's games :cap_wander:

No this was a 2nd Myoko and 3rd Aoba, they appeared in C1 when an idiot cruiser decided to go straight to the NW corner and attack the final wave of the 2 BB's and 2 cruisers early. We had finished off the first 3 attacks and were engaging the 2 cruisers and 2 DD's who attack raptor at the midway point. He somehow managed to take out the Kuma, leaving the final attack to consist of 1 Kongo, 1 Myogi, 2 Aoba's and 1 Myoko.

Both times I've seen them a Cruiser went straight to the NW corner area and they appeared near the BB battle group. I've seen cruisers and DD's race straight to the SW area to attack the Ryujo early several times, they did not spawn on those occasions. 

[ALONE]
Players
1,342 posts
10,792 battles
3 hours ago, ajb13 said:

No this was a 2nd Myoko and 3rd Aoba, they appeared in C1 when an idiot cruiser decided to go straight to the NW corner and attack the final wave of the 2 BB's and 2 cruisers early. We had finished off the first 3 attacks and were engaging the 2 cruisers and 2 DD's who attack raptor at the midway point. He somehow managed to take out the Kuma, leaving the final attack to consist of 1 Kongo, 1 Myogi, 2 Aoba's and 1 Myoko.

Both times I've seen them a Cruiser went straight to the NW corner area and they appeared near the BB battle group. I've seen cruisers and DD's race straight to the SW area to attack the Ryujo early several times, they did not spawn on those occasions. 

Well, OK. I just made a science experiment and went NW, in an idiot Fuso. :Smile_child: It was lost game anyway, with 2 DD and potatoing Mex & cruisers.

First Myoko spawned north, with Aoba+Kuma slightly west. Killed (with help from Gnevny) Myoko and Kuma, crippled Aoba. Then I went straight NW - the group was usual: Kongo, Myoko, Aoba, Kuma.

fuso-raptor-test.png.8bd0eba48d82a643595f723dca1d6110.png

I did quite a damage to them, but recently buffed cruiser firespam and one lucky Kongo AP finished me. 

No 2nd Myoko detected, sorry. I still think you mistook that northern Myoko and his Aoba+Kuma as part of that last wave. Aoba on above image is that one which spawned together with the Myoko - with Myogi+Kongo goes another one.

(BTW, game of course lost, only me + CV + DD were fighting... but DD had not enough health for this kind of play, and CV hit an island and was too far to be effective.

I still finished second with ~114k dmg, after really lucky Gnevny which was very successfully working as a torpedo boat :etc_hide_turtle:)

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
8 hours ago, EdiJo said:

Well, OK. I just made a science experiment and went NW, in an idiot Fuso. :Smile_child: It was lost game anyway, with 2 DD and potatoing Mex & cruisers.

First Myoko spawned north, with Aoba+Kuma slightly west. Killed (with help from Gnevny) Myoko and Kuma, crippled Aoba. Then I went straight NW - the group was usual: Kongo, Myoko, Aoba, Kuma.

fuso-raptor-test.png.8bd0eba48d82a643595f723dca1d6110.png

I did quite a damage to them, but recently buffed cruiser firespam and one lucky Kongo AP finished me. 

No 2nd Myoko detected, sorry. I still think you mistook that northern Myoko and his Aoba+Kuma as part of that last wave. Aoba on above image is that one which spawned together with the Myoko - with Myogi+Kongo goes another one.

(BTW, game of course lost, only me + CV + DD were fighting... but DD had not enough health for this kind of play, and CV hit an island and was too far to be effective.

I still finished second with ~114k dmg, after really lucky Gnevny which was very successfully working as a torpedo boat :etc_hide_turtle:)

I'm no scientist, but I think to recreate something you need the exact same ingredients and conditions for it to work. He used a Cruiser, Budyonny in the last incident, not sure what it was the first time. This has a 10kt speed advantage, as well as nearly 6km better concealment, over the Fuso. He was therefore further west and spotted  later than a Fuso could be. From memory I'd say he had just entered B2, Raptor was in E6 about to go behind the island (E5), and I was in my Gnevny in E4 just about to engage the midway point attack. As I said before the Myoko and Aoba appeared in C3. I would have taken a screenshot, but with 2 cruisers and 2 DD's about to attack me I kinda had my hands full. You'd also need the second cruiser attack to spawn in the south along with the Zuiho for it to work.

I'd try to recreate it myself but for the fact that I have 6 other players with me who probably don't want to do it. Suiciding one of you cruisers and then spawning 2 extra attackers for the final attack would not be fair on other players who are not signed up for that.

Players
2,339 posts
6,660 battles

Just played another Raptor (died at the torpy bit as all but one were chasing the cv I ended up killing by myself (I was Ryujo)) and there was a Myoko. Too bad I didn't manage to see the final spawn.

There might be 2 of them but can't verify atm.

Players
2,339 posts
6,660 battles
12 hours ago, _LordLucan said:

one myoko on any of my kill screens , the Goji

I played another battle yesterday (maybe two) but again, I cannot verify it's 2 different Myokos. So far it seems like there's only one but it moves around a lot if it isn't killed quickly.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles
46 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I played another battle yesterday (maybe two) but again, I cannot verify it's 2 different Myokos. So far it seems like there's only one but it moves around a lot if it isn't killed quickly.

Follow kill feed and/or check last known positions on the map ?

Can't be that difficult to keep track of.

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I've played this operation possibly over 1000 times and I've only seen it happen twice. It requires a specific set of circumstances to occur I think. You need the 2nd group of cruisers to spawn in the south, while one of your cruisers races to the NW corner to engage the final group as they enter the map. If this happens it would appear that another group of 1 Myoko and 1 Aoba appear around C3 to kill the idiot cruiser and then join in the final attack.

Players
2,339 posts
6,660 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

Follow kill feed and/or check last known positions on the map ?

Can't be that difficult to keep track of.

I tend to miss stuff, usually I'm kinda busy :cap_rambo:

Last known position only works on live ships and the sunk ones don't display their type next to their corpse I think?

Of course I could fire up a replay, if I really wanted to (if :Smile-_tongue:).

1 hour ago, ajb13 said:

I've played this operation possibly over 1000 times and I've only seen it happen twice. It requires a specific set of circumstances to occur I think. You need the 2nd group of cruisers to spawn in the south, while one of your cruisers races to the NW corner to engage the final group as they enter the map. If this happens it would appear that another group of 1 Myoko and 1 Aoba appear around C3 to kill the idiot cruiser and then join in the final attack.

Perhaps, but I'd have to see proof of some kind before I consider this to be true. And so far I haven't and if it's extremely rare circumstances, it's not of any real consequence anyway :Smile_Default:

Players
766 posts
12,219 battles

It could be, albeit improbable, 2 different compositions for the last spawn depending on the team line-up or any other unknown trigger: one with a Myogi (the most usual one), the other with a Myoko, being the rest of the ships the same (IIRC, there's a Kongo, an Aoba and a couple of destroyers). The other option, already mentioned, is the CAs from the second wave (northern spawn, they can also spawn to the south) not being sunk and coming back.(NVM, I didn't read the last comment OP did).

Salute.

Sign in to follow this