Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caljostro

Has "Trap" become a worse map with the work-over a few patches ago ?

10 comments in this topic

[UN]
Weekend Tester
841 posts
19,877 battles

A few patches ago, the map was changed to be smaller and to no longer have two large islands surrounding the B cap, but now there is 1 gap in each. And while the south spawn still regularly goes for A, it seems to me for north, all they ever do is camping at the encircled position. They have zero cross firing position to support the dd contesting B, they let the enemy have A for free, and even helping C is kinda difficult. How the eff can a bb push into B and not being torn to pieces ??? This is how 9 out of 10 north games turn out.

I know, I know, you want to blame the poor playerbase which is killing this game. But WTH does only north do it ??? I can't help to blame the map design in this case. Even the dumbest player knew he was useless behind the old island. But these days, people seem to actually think this is a good spot.

trap.jpg

[SNUBS]
Players
1,265 posts
6,677 battles

TBH thats not a map issue thats a player issue. i know u said that but thats just the case. In general WG high tier maps are pretty meh tho.

THe map has 1 extra escape for the dd trying to cap b so thats a good thing.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,011 battles

That slot works perfectly for its intention compared to its old incarnation. It used to be that once you could sneak a few battleships and certain cruisers into the dominant positioning in the center, nothing but withering HE fire could dislodge them. Personally I blame the map design in general: excellent island cover that allows for ships to easily fire over with wide, open oceans in between A and B that allow battleships and destroyers to wreak havoc. When an area has excellent cover and is surrounded by areas with no cover, people will naturally crowd around it.

[CATS]
Players
14,622 posts
10,863 battles
5 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

A few patches ago, the map was changed to be smaller and to no longer have two large islands surrounding the B cap, but now there is 1 gap in each. And while the south spawn still regularly goes for A, it seems to me for north, all they ever do is camping at the encircled position. They have zero cross firing position to support the dd contesting B, they let the enemy have A for free, and even helping C is kinda difficult. How the eff can a bb push into B and not being torn to pieces ??? This is how 9 out of 10 north games turn out.

I know, I know, you want to blame the poor playerbase which is killing this game. But WTH does only north do it ??? I can't help to blame the map design in this case.

trap.jpg

The map is much better than before. There are more options for both sides to support the B cap.

Ships in B can better get out of B, if the situation gets too dangerous.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
887 posts
8,163 battles

I kind of prefer the new map too, funny thing is they took the all around "pond" that used to be B in this map, and put it in the Sleeping Giant A cap.

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles
43 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

I know, I know, you want to blame the poor playerbase which is killing this game. But WTH does only north do it ??? I can't help to blame the map design in this case. Even the dumbest player knew he was useless behind the old island. But these days, people seems to actually think this is a good spot.

trap.jpg

Yep if u're north and DD - do not go in B, no support, everybody hides...

Beta Tester
3,894 posts
13,802 battles

Map is okay as it is now, but players are losing braincells at an accelerated rate nowadays it seems... the potato percentage - P% - has increased greatly over the last couple months... or rather since WoWs hit Steam.

I often wonder how all these people manage to function without a working brain in everyday life... but they probably don't and play WoWs instead...

• Funny 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
15 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Map is okay as it is now, but players are losing braincells at an accelerated rate nowadays it seems... the potato percentage - P% - has increased greatly over the last couple months... or rather since WoWs hit Steam.

I often wonder how all these people manage to function without a working brain in everyday life... but they probably don't and play WoWs instead...

idk why people blame steam... number of native potatoes was incredibly high even before it...

Players
1,501 posts
10,499 battles

New trap is horrible. At least in the old iteration both teams had even chances in the clusterfuck on A.

some say it is the playerbase, but players will always be and always have been 80% potatoes. Maps should be designed to cope with this without one side having the advantage. And in the case of new Trap, this is a problem.

tbh OK had a pretty brave team.

most teams i meet huddle in B6-B8 afraid to poke their head into C.

The issue is exacerbated by the radar plague as the island South of C is very accessible to a radar cruiser and thus almost always have one behind it. DDs cant go in as in old trap because of perma-radar, so to dislodge it, the BB pussies have to push and risk their pretty paintjob getting scratched. In effect, the C cap bogs down any attackers just like the A cap of old.

The only games I won from north Trap is by coming back from a massive point deficit after all team camps on B8 and pushing South, retaking the map from there. 

Sign in to follow this